IGNORED

Spelling of our players names on this forum

Peter H

I read in the rumour thread a funny post by Carlos and mikeO about the spelling of Deulofeu and although I was not bothered by that misspelling there are a lot of typosvwhen it comes to our own players.

Im not the best speller in the world and english is not my first language but as a sign of respect for our own players i try to at least get their names right. So which of our own players get misspelled? Ill throw a few in to begin with.

Lukaku is not spelled Lakaku

Deulofeu is not random vowels inbetween D, l and f (thanks MikeO for that)

Pienaar has one R and two A's

Mirallas has one R and two L's

Distin has two I's and no A's

Sorry for having a go but it does really look terrible when we cant spell our own players names.

Now saying this, you will probably find thousands of posts from me where I have spelled our players wrong.

(Again, this rant is not about spelling in general, just our playes names)

It's because a lot of people use their mobile phones on forums these days.

You really shouldn't let it bother you.

We'll have people telling each other off for usings caps next because it's shouting!

We need to keep it about football and not grammar.

That's covered in the site guidelines, extract below :shaking fist: .

"SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

A • TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, it's confusing for some users. Please

apply commonsense, some abbreivations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replylng to posts in text language.

B - CAPITALS - Please refraln from uslng them constantly, again in some quarters this is frowned upon. Some people consider it to be "SHOUTlNG". You wouldn't shout your opinion in a conversation so please don't do it on here. We don't mind members posting in Capitals for emphasis however."

That's covered in the site guidelines, extract below :shaking fist: .

"SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

A TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, it's confusing for some users. Please

apply commonsense, some abbreivations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replylng to posts in text language.

B - CAPITALS - Please refraln from uslng them constantly, again in some quarters this is frowned upon. Some people consider it to be "SHOUTlNG". You wouldn't shout your opinion in a conversation so please don't do it on here. We don't mind members posting in Capitals for emphasis however."

You got me, I am literally laughing my head of here.

This is a great New year conversation!

now spell Moutinho!

Pedantics running wild once again, although as mentioned, participants whose first language is not english can usually be excused. As an individual with USUALLY immaculate spelling and other grammatical endeavors (damn tablet device can be awkward at the best of times), team player names inclusive, I only need to be concerned with other participants, and even then, how they present themselves, is their business. There was an incident with the club store this year when they made a glaring spell error with one of our new acquisitions, so if they can manage it, just maybe anyone else can be excused.

Above all else, there was a recent incident with a national news publication when in large letters on the back page they made the unforgivable error of naming Chelsea ‘Chlesea‘ !

Won't disclose the name of the rag in question - but it was the miserable cunts at the Daily Star.

Wants pawn term dare worsted fruit boil tame culled Everytown. Disc tame haddock election up lairs whiff hawk word nemes. Dare worse Lucky Duck end Jellyfish end Juggle Allkirk - whiffer many jerk old Rubber Toe Mayor Teenage. Day worsen egg select tame bout dare fain scud nought spill. Day worse terry bullet spill in. Day word spill Lucky Duck ass "Lukaku" end Jellyfish ass "Jelavic" end Juggle Allkirk ass "Jagielka". A nervous sausage amiss. Dare fins curd nought spill fur tall fees. Saw heavy birdie cull debt tame dare tall fees....

Jew honours sten? Jew full army?

Edited by Cornish Steve

Wants pawn term dare worsted fruit boil tame culled Everytown. Disc tame haddock election up lairs whiff hawk word nemes. Dare worse Lucky Duck end Jellyfish end Juggle Allkirk - whiffer many jerk old Rubber Toe Mayor Teenage. Day worsen egg select tame bout dare fain scud nought spill. Day worse terry bullet spill in. Day word spill Luck Duck ass "Lukaku" end Jellyfish ass "Jelavic" end Juggle Allkirk ass "Jagielka". Dare fins curd nought spill fur tall fees. Saw heavy birdie cull debt tame dare tall fees....

Looks like pretty decent voice recognition stuff that.