IGNORED

West Ham (home)

Ant1979

Is that right is it?

Your talking out your backside mate. I would say there are a few that don't rate him, a few that rate him but get frustrated and more that rate him as one of our better players.

Your really starting to talk absolute shite now.

See Haf's post below.

A certain behaviour I see on forums is that the ego often gets in the way of being Balanced - I try to counter this as it is a natural instinct to want to be proven right...

Pidgeon holing players is pretty dangerous - just judge them on the game they have had - state what thery did well and didn't do well.

If someone comes out and says "pienaar is awful, not good enough" as opposed to "he hasn't done it for me of recent, maybe he's on the decline" - it makes it very difficult to give that plauyer credit when it is due.

For me an example would be accepting that Barkley has been poor recently - I have proclaimed him as the next great thing, so obviously these low level performances can make me look stupid - even more stupid would be to try and say he played well when he clearly didn't.

No one is gonna create a thread titled "Look at what Haf said which has been proven wrong" - at least I hope so... but lets make this a bit more adult and give credit where it is due when you may have pinned your colours to the mast previously.

I've said his decision making was poor, shooting awful and he dived (kopite behaviour). He slowed the pace down and in general got in the way of play.

Have you made any points?

Ok Haf.

I consider msyelf told off!

Sorry PeteO, frustration getting the better of me.

In my Opinion Pineaar played well against WH. He had three shots i think, two awful and one that hit the post. He also had another that was blocked. He was also involved heavily in the goal we scored and his dummy that set Lukaku on his way down the wing was also clever. I can see he slows the game down but i think this is more to do with him losing pace. His ball retention is still top class and we have to remember that RM is trying to instill this into our players more.

I can totally understand the frustration with him going down everytime he feels breath on his neck. That drives me crazy and makes me feel embarassed for sticking up for him at times.

Overall i thought he had a decent game against WH. Thought maybe Baines shaded it though.

See Haf's post below.

I've said his decision making was poor, shooting awful and he dived (kopite behaviour). He slowed the pace down and in general got in the way of play.

Been trying to PeteO, as i have said before maybe i just dont get them across well enough. Your points are opinion though and i do respect that as are mine.

Sorry if you took offense i think i just have big Duncs temprement sometimes.

Your still wrong though haha!

See Haf's post below.

is that for me to answer?

My view on Pienaar is that he is not the player he was - but I rated him very highly. He is still a very capable footballer who can frustrate when he himself is frustrated.

He is not the type of player who I will pidgeon hole as being "not good enough" - he has enough in his locker to make you eat your words - just very much the way Leon Osman is. He is just a bit inconsistent for my liking given his talent.

Ok Haf.

I consider msyelf told off!

Sorry PeteO, frustration getting the better of me.

In my Opinion Pineaar played well against WH. He had three shots i think, two awful and one that hit the post. He also had another that was blocked. He was also involved heavily in the goal we scored and his dummy that set Lukaku on his way down the wing was also clever. I can see he slows the game down but i think this is more to do with him losing pace. His ball retention is still top class and we have to remember that RM is trying to instill this into our players more.

I can totally understand the frustration with him going down everytime he feels breath on his neck. That drives me crazy and makes me feel embarassed for sticking up for him at times.

Overall i thought he had a decent game against WH. Thought maybe Baines shaded it though.

I wasn't aiming that at you - its just to anyone on this forum who gets OTT in their criticism of a player to justify their overall view of them. Myself included, its an easy trait to develop.

Been trying to PeteO, as i have said before maybe i just dont get them across well enough. Your points are opinion though and i do respect that as are mine.

Sorry if you took offense i think i just have big Duncs temprement sometimes.

Your still wrong though haha!

No worries, same I can be argumentative too trying to get my views across.

Sure I am :afro2: aha.

is that for me to answer?

My view on Pienaar is that he is not the player he was - but I rated him very highly. He is still a very capable footballer who can frustrate when he himself is frustrated.

He is not the type of player who I will pidgeon hole as being "not good enough" - he has enough in his locker to make you eat your words - just very much the way Leon Osman is. He is just a bit inconsistent for my liking given his talent.

Nope.

I say he's not good enough because he doesn't do it often enough in the prem. He does more bad than good for me, mostly because he doesn't adapt to the tempo. He is probably the best player in training, but in a competitive league match he is found wanting.

Could only listen on the radio as I was driving cross country to visit family, it sounded like the best period was the first 15 minutes of the second half, Pienaar seemed to be involved in everything at that point too. But not seeing it live it's hard to contribute properly to the debate. Annoyingly I lost radio reception from bbc merseyside at around 80 minutes! Didn't know it was a win until I got there and checked my phone. Would have liked a less stressful drive, but happy with the win!

Pienaar was shite first half with some disgraceful behaviour and passing.

Pienaar was a completely different player in the second half and was the player we all (Pete excluded) love, when hes on fire. Unlucky not to score, much better link up play, rotating with Ossie to confuse the opposition, working hard.

Its that simple, no?