IGNORED

West Ham (home)

Ant1979

Pienaar had his moments of creative interplay - much more than our official CM Mr Osman can say -

I would play Pienaar as our CM at the moment - that is where he played international football for South Africa -

he is not the greatest but he is much more creative than anybody else in our squad in that position -

then play Mirallas left - that is where he played for Olympiacos and Deulofue right with Lukaku up front

It wasn't so much the misplacing of passes for me, it was how many attacks just seemed to die with him due to him slowing the play down unnecessarily.

I think Pienaar doesn't have the pace he used to, although his acceleration and movement is still very very good. I think he slows the play down to look up and see how the attack is developing and who to pass to etc. I think he waits to allow players to get into position as we transition from defense to attack.

I think Pienaar doesn't have the pace he used to, although his acceleration and movement is still very very good. I think he slows the play down to look up and see how the attack is developing and who to pass to etc. I think he waits to allow players to get into position as we transition from defense to attack.

And that's fine, I can understand that, but yesterday he was doing it when he didn't need to, when there were players completely free to receive the pass. So instead of transitioning from defence into attack we transitioned from attack to absolutely nothing.

He does it a little too much I agree, I think he thinks he is channeling Pirlo sometimes.

On the whole I believe that he does his job very well and we are a poorer team without him. I hope we get Ince in the summer so Pienaar can pass on some of his knowledge and experience.

With Pienaar's flicks, runs and turns as well as his ability to draw a foul, and Delaufau / McGready's running and pace on the other flank we have a good options on both wings.

On the whole I believe that he does his job very well and we are a poorer team without him. I hope we get Ince in the summer so Pienaar can pass on some of his knowledge and experience.

With Pienaar's flicks, runs and turns as well as his ability to draw a foul, and Delaufau / McGready's running and pace on the other flank we have a good options on both wings.

I agree with the first bit, and that's probably why it's so frustrating watching him slow things down unnecessarily.

I don't know whether Ince is the answer as his replacement (I certainly wouldn't be against it) but it's clear a younger player needs to be brought in this summer and it would be a good idea for that to happen while Pienaar is still here so, like you say, they can learn from him. That would also mean that next season they could rotate and Pienaar could get the rest periods he needs at his age.

I agree with the first bit, and that's probably why it's so frustrating watching him slow things down unnecessarily.

I don't know whether Ince is the answer as his replacement (I certainly wouldn't be against it) but it's clear a younger player needs to be brought in this summer and it would be a good idea for that to happen while Pienaar is still here so, like you say, they can learn from him. That would also mean that next season they could rotate and Pienaar could get the rest periods he needs at his age.

Im hoping Kenedy will step up next year, he looks a real prospect and cant be far off the first team squad now

I think there are a group of Everton youth players written off by Moyes who are being re-evaluated under Martinez. I believe that Kenedy will be one of those who make it.

Ince I believe has the potential to be Pienaar v2. Having watched him a fair few times (on internet) his movement is similar, as is his running at opponents and looking for those clever angle's. He should have moved last year as the players at Blackpool just aren't of the same caliber. If we can get him then I think he has all the abilities to make the left his own for Everton for the next decade.

McGready is a very good winger, he is a direct player who can beat a player for pace, or with his dribbling skills.

Ince is more of a Pienaar type in that he looks for runs, cute angles and drawing fowls, we need both types, like we have at the moment. I see Ince as Pienaars replacement.

McGready is a very good winger, he is a direct player who can beat a player for pace, or with his dribbling skills.

Ince is more of a Pienaar type in that he looks for runs, cute angles and drawing fowls, we need both types, like we have at the moment. I see Ince as Pienaars replacement.

He's only good at doing that against poultry opposition.

Guest blueboy122

Tom Ince isn't good enough for the Prem in my opinion. Mcgeady is a much better calibre of player.

Ince has got championship player written all over him.

Guest blueboy122

His dad said on Saturday Night Football that he doesn't have any tattoos.

Written in invisible ink. Only see it under ultra violet light.

Another flat atmosphere yesterday . I think its down to the type of football we are playing. While it may be easy on the eye its not exactly exciting stuff

The crowd need something to get them going , like a crunching tackle or something. When we used to play at a high tempo there was plenty to get you off your seat but playing intricate passes along the back line doesnt exactly get your blood pumping

Too right, it was my first match for a couple of years and was 'told' by my taxi driver to expect something different, different to what I'd seen the last time I was there........under Moyes!

To be honest, it wasn't too different, sure we had more of the ball and the we kept it on the ground more, but that was at times possible from a Moyes team.What was wrong with the odd long ball, it's exciting and yes get's the 'blood pumping'.At times it was flat and boring, West Ham probably wouldn't score, Everton probably wouldn't score.

Oh it's lovely to have 69% of the ball, but what the fuc% are we doing with it !

I wanted to punch Pienaar for diving in the penalty.......but wanted to kiss him for at least trying to find the gaps, sure he's not quite as quick as he was and yes some passes go astray, but without him and Lukaku in the team...oh and Baines we would be very ordinary.

I was so pleased with the win but dissapointed with the performance.

West Ham came with a plan, take a point, snatch three if you can, the goalkeeper wasting time on 60mins was just too sad to behold!

Stones did pretty well, infact no one had a bad game, Coleman didn't get enough of the ball for me.

Special mention for Howard......your last goal kick before half time and your first after...WTF! How much are you paid Tim, both kicks just went straight into the crowd, surely you can actually keep them on the grassy bit.

Three points against an inform West Ham was good, but the taxi driver was wrong, for me it wasn't really any better than a Moyes team, maybe a little less exciting infact.

Too right, it was my first match for a couple of years and was 'told' by my taxi driver to expect something different, different to what I'd seen the last time I was there........under Moyes!

To be honest, it wasn't too different, sure we had more of the ball and the we kept it on the ground more, but that was at times possible from a Moyes team.What was wrong with the odd long ball, it's exciting and yes get's the 'blood pumping'.At times it was flat and boring, West Ham probably wouldn't score, Everton probably wouldn't score.

Oh it's lovely to have 69% of the ball, but what the fuc% are we doing with it !

I wanted to punch Pienaar for diving in the penalty.......but wanted to kiss him for at least trying to find the gaps, sure he's not quite as quick as he was and yes some passes go astray, but without him and Lukaku in the team...oh and Baines we would be very ordinary.

I was so pleased with the win but dissapointed with the performance.

West Ham came with a plan, take a point, snatch three if you can, the goalkeeper wasting time on 60mins was just too sad to behold!

Stones did pretty well, infact no one had a bad game, Coleman didn't get enough of the ball for me.

Special mention for Howard......your last goal kick before half time and your first after...WTF! How much are you paid Tim, both kicks just went straight into the crowd, surely you can actually keep them on the grassy bit.

Three points against an inform West Ham was good, but the taxi driver was wrong, for me it wasn't really any better than a Moyes team, maybe a little less exciting infact.

My Bold::

Absolute nailed it for me mate. I think it's a media driven myth we are playing consistently better football under Martinez. It's been flat a lot of times this season.

Laughable...

Did you see the game ? The highlights on MOTD I think covered it in about 5 mins.

Exciting wasn't it.

Tip fucking tap, pass the ball sideways pass the ball backwards, pass the ball onto the edge of the area, fail to create, repeat steps 1-3 !

West Ham at times couldn't get near the ball, but then they didn't need to, we couldn't do anything with it.

Got yor blood pumping did it..........your very easily pleased....

Were you at the game Shukes? Because I assure you time and time again he had free men to pass to in good areas and he stopped, waited, waited, and then the pass wasn't on any more and we ended up having to go backwards. It was infuriating.

But, like I said, towards the end of the game he was brilliant. I don't know why there was a change but it was evident to me at least, and I hope that's the Pienaar that plays against Arsenal - dynamic and not pedestrian.

no i wasnt Romey and i admit it may have looked different than it did on camera.

i also admit he can be frustrating when he has chance to go forward he goes for the ball retention, much like Naisy.

But to for some to say he is a disgrace is not only sounding like the shite fans across the park but embarassing. A total lack of football knowledge.

And i also have noted on several match day threads recently that it goes quiet everytime the guy does something good, again embarassing from football fans.

Im not memtioning any names as i dont really take that much notice and usually respond to the post not the person and i know that some have a different opinion in him. But i honestly think some people must miss most of what he does.

I dont know what it is like at the game itself but over the TV it sounds no different to last year. I think the atmosphere at football clubs in general are getting flatter and flatter and its not like we were playing exciting football last season or the season before that.

Its the concept that our football wasnt slow last year which is making me laugh. We played the ball around then offering no threat too. Only once we had got so far last season we would turnover the ball with a pointless cross or direct ball. I for one would much rather we kept hold of the ball and kept pressure on the other side.

I dont know what it is like at the game itself but over the TV it sounds no different to last year. I think the atmosphere at football clubs in general are getting flatter and flatter and its not like we were playing exciting football last season or the season before that.

Its the concept that our football wasnt slow last year which is making me laugh. We played the ball around then offering no threat too. Only once we had got so far last season we would turnover the ball with a pointless cross or direct ball. I for one would much rather we kept hold of the ball and kept pressure on the other side.

Laughable !

His dad said on Saturday Night Football that he doesn't have any tattoos.

Has anyone noticed Paul Ince's arrogant fat mug appearing all over the place now that his son plays in the premier league???

Its as if he's turned into a pushy Tennis parent with the added look of "See him there... Thats my lad, my DNA has made him a footballer" - he behaves in a way of critiquing his son against his own England credentials as if he expects him to turn into Messi or Ronaldo just because he's his son.

I still recall very clearly the self named "guvnor" not taking a penalty kick in the 1998 world cup and just to ensure all the viewers back home knew it had to still be about him - he turned his back on the proceedings a statement of "I care so much, I just can't face the tension - not because i'm a bottler, it's because I care"

Can't stand him.

But to for some to say he is a disgrace is not only sounding like the shite fans across the park but embarassing. A total lack of football knowledge.

And i also have noted on several match day threads recently that it goes quiet everytime the guy does something good, again embarassing from football fans.

Haha. I don't understand/agree I'm going to call him a kopite...

Look at his motm votes this season. Most our fans have clocked on he's wasteful and don't get fooled by his headless chicken shit flick routine.

Haha. I don't understand/agree I'm going to call him a kopite...

Look at his motm votes this season. Most our fans have clocked on he's wasteful and don't get fooled by his headless chicken shit flick routine.

Is that right is it?

Your talking out your backside mate. I would say there are a few that don't rate him, a few that rate him but get frustrated and more that rate him as one of our better players.

Your really starting to talk absolute shite now.

A certain behaviour I see on forums is that the ego often gets in the way of being Balanced - I try to counter this as it is a natural instinct to want to be proven right...

Pidgeon holing players is pretty dangerous - just judge them on the game they have had - state what thery did well and didn't do well.

If someone comes out and says "pienaar is awful, not good enough" as opposed to "he hasn't done it for me of recent, maybe he's on the decline" - it makes it very difficult to give that plauyer credit when it is due.

For me an example would be accepting that Barkley has been poor recently - I have proclaimed him as the next great thing, so obviously these low level performances can make me look stupid - even more stupid would be to try and say he played well when he clearly didn't.

No one is gonna create a thread titled "Look at what Haf said which has been proven wrong" - at least I hope so... but lets make this a bit more adult and give credit where it is due when you may have pinned your colours to the mast previously.

A certain behaviour I see on forums is that the ego often gets in the way of being Balanced - I try to counter this as it is a natural instinct to want to be proven right...

Pidgeon holing players is pretty dangerous - just judge them on the game they have had - state what thery did well and didn't do well.

If someone comes out and says "pienaar is awful, not good enough" as opposed to "he hasn't done it for me of recent, maybe he's on the decline" - it makes it very difficult to give that plauyer credit when it is due.

For me an example would be accepting that Barkley has been poor recently - I have proclaimed him as the next great thing, so obviously these low level performances can make me look stupid - even more stupid would be to try and say he played well when he clearly didn't.

No one is gonna create a thread titled "Look at what Haf said which has been proven wrong" - at least I hope so... but lets make this a bit more adult and give credit where it is due when you may have pinned your colours to the mast previously.

Bang on, Haf.