IGNORED

West Ham (home)

Ant1979

Game saved by Lukaku, i still missing baines-fellaini-piennar combo on the left while in the right we still being dependant from lonely coleman..

i would like to see this starter XI someday:

Lukaku

McGeady,Piennar,Mirallas

Osman(1st half) or Barry,McCarthy

Baines,Distin,Jags,Coleman

Subs:Delofeu,Barkley,Oviedo/Naismith.

I only saw the 2nd half but he didnt stand out to me. Worked hard and did his bit for the team but he lacked quality.

he did the same in the first half too, plus one or two shots. A very good game, by his standards might explain it better ;)

Stones did really well today (apart from that big touch that gave Carroll their lone shot on goal). Deulofeu really impressed. I am so happy about that, because in his last few cameos he's looked weak and resorted to some of the things he did when he first came into the team. Today he was immense and worked really hard. Tracking back in the first half to make that tackle is enough to make me believe he should be starting. I'd love to see him at the 10 or out left with Pienaar at the 10.

Deulofeu is still not 100% IMO. Will have done him a world of good playing today though.

Surprised Mirallas was not used and if we'd failed to have won the game I'd probably be moaning about.

Very good 3 points that though.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Deulofeu is still not 100% IMO. Will have done him a world of good playing today though.

Surprised Mirallas was not used and if we'd failed to have won the game I'd probably be moaning about.

Very good 3 points that though.

Aw c'mon. You don't need a loss to have a good moan. ;)

In truth, though, it's been nice to see the more positive MC on board recently.

pienaar makes us tick I thought he played well today.

He pissed me off royally for most of the game. Slowed the game down all the time, lazy under hit passes, and went down far too easily.

BUT towards the end of the game I really thought he came into his own. When we were searching for a winning goal he really took command and his partnership with Baines really went up a notch. I don't think it was any coincidence that the build up to our goal came down the left.

Was cringing at how Adrien was time waisting from the 60th minute onwards for West ham. Honestly feel sorry for their fans (who were brilliant today btw).

Pienaar was shocking apart from bits of the second half. McCarthy was fantastic as was Stones. Played some great stuff at times but west ham were always going to be hard to break down.

Good win all in all

Pienaar did well from what I saw in helping our build up play but at the same time he did slow the game down and chose the wrong option on several occasions. He is bloody frustrating but at the same time he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Glad I'm not the only one to see Pienaar influence on games, was starting to think that maybe I was just going mad.

Were you at the game Shukes? Because I assure you time and time again he had free men to pass to in good areas and he stopped, waited, waited, and then the pass wasn't on any more and we ended up having to go backwards. It was infuriating.

But, like I said, towards the end of the game he was brilliant. I don't know why there was a change but it was evident to me at least, and I hope that's the Pienaar that plays against Arsenal - dynamic and not pedestrian.

RE Pienaar,

I've seen him have a lot worse games. To be honest I didn't really notice him do much wrong yesterday. His lack of pace is a worry and sometimes I see him as just an extension of Baines down that wing instead of an individual. But he is still a key player for me.

Glad I'm not the only one to see Pienaar influence on games, was starting to think that maybe I was just going mad.

I voted for him a MotM

He was unlucky to hit the post and his link up play with Baines was once again our main threat. I think he was instrumental in everything we tried to do

He does seem to be a bit of a whipping boy at the moment, guess hes a bit like Marmite !

I voted for him a MotM

He was unlucky to hit the post and his link up play with Baines was once again our main threat. I think he was instrumental in everything we tried to do

He does seem to be a bit of a whipping boy at the moment, guess hes a bit like Marmite !

Forget my post, Shukes, Dunc was there and shares your view!

Another flat atmosphere yesterday . I think its down to the type of football we are playing. While it may be easy on the eye its not exactly exciting stuff

The crowd need something to get them going , like a crunching tackle or something. When we used to play at a high tempo there was plenty to get you off your seat but playing intricate passes along the back line doesnt exactly get your blood pumping

Lol as I say , he does see, to divide opinion!

IIm not saying he had a blinder or anything but I just thought he was the best of a bad bunch yesterday

I don't dislike Pienaar though, I think he's a great player, but he doesn't half make my blood boil some games. And yesterday was one of those games.

I find it quite fascinating how people can see players and their performances in completely different ways tbh.

I don't dislike Pienaar though, I think he's a great player, but he doesn't half make my blood boil some games. And yesterday was one of those games.

I find it quite fascinating how people can see players and their performances in completely different ways tbh.

Dunno maybe Im a bit more tolerant, I can forgive the odd missplaced pass because at least he is trying to be creative?

It wasn't so much the misplacing of passes for me, it was how many attacks just seemed to die with him due to him slowing the play down unnecessarily.

Yeah to be fair he does tend to do that but no other player seems to want to take on the play maker role, thats why I voted for him as MotM yesterday because he was th only player capable of making things happen