IGNORED

everton vs city

redarmy

That is 100% absolutely correct. Europa is a very poor consolation prize for me, and one that i'm not bothered in the slightest about, if anything I do not want it. As Boblatchford said it instroduces a whole different dynamic to match prep and premier league performances.

Fans who are intending to travel etc, I get it, nice opportunities to create memories and it is a nice way to see Europe.

For me personally we are struggling to get over the line of a normal domestic season.

Based on Liverpool winning the league, sorry but it is a no go, absolute no go. The only way I would want to beat City is if we stood a realistic chance of 4th place. I'm not being a "hater", or "bitter", this is omething that seriously can't happen.

Their fanbase have become insufferable - locally it is compounded. I went to the local club with my wife and baby the other week, we often go there and enjoy the family atmosphere, food etc, etc, couldn't sit down, had fans screaming at the TV, clapping at the TV, swearing - and I repeat its a "family venue". I watch Everton games there, and we are in all honesty a different class, no hysterics, swearing at the TV, aware of who is around us etc.

They have become a culture of "lets clap and show support when people don't expect you to show suuport", "call players by their first names", "own more scarves than the opponents" - just unbearable really.

Besides not wanting Europa, I can't really disagree with anything you said. Especially with you being from the area, you bring your personal experience to the table and what it would be like if they did win the league. Cheers man, thanks for the sensible response.

This is just my opinion now and don't mean to offend anyone. But I honestly think that not wanting Europa is a small club mentality, Roberto certainly wouldn't agree. That's his whole philosophy that Everton are a sleeping giant, photos around the place of the 9 league titles, etc. Do people think United would feel the same, let's settle for 7th so we can concentrate on league form next year? They'll be desperate to win their last 3 games and hope us or Spurs slip up. Then they would try to win it if they did qualify.

Before anyone says it, I know they'll blow £100m or more in the summer, and have a bigger squad, but I do think it's doing a disservice to the size of Everton as a club to settle for 7th rather than 5th.

Again, just opinions and totally understand not wanting the shite to win the league, they will be insufferable

So what do people think the atmosphere in the ground will be like? Can we really expect Evertonians to be cheering if/when City score and groaning if/when we do?

I just can't see it personally......there might be a quiet tacit acceptance of defeat when the game's over rather than the usual abject misery but I don't see people being able to go against there natural instincts during the ninety minutes.

I totally understand people's opinions on Europa. For me, if Martinez sees that as the next step in progressing Everton under his leadership then I'll be happy for us to play in the competition.

I'm normally well up for the City game and I want us to win but if we lose my reaction will just be 'meh' and to look forward to the Hull game. For those who live in the city and would have to contend with RS fans harping on about the title I completely understand where you are coming from.

I more want Liverpool to fall at the last hurdle simply because Gerrard will look back on his career and know he was that close to it but that his slip was the turning point. Whether it actually will be or not is neither here nor there, deep down he'll know it.

For those who live in the city and would have to contend with RS fans harping on about the title I completely understand where you are coming from.

,,,,at the same time wouldn't we have the perfect response? That Captain Twatface tried to throw it away but we saved their arses, that they wouldn't have won the title if it wasn't for the Everton cavalry showing up at the last minute to rescue them?

Difficult to comprehend sometimes those that castigate entry into the UEFA Cup (don't recognize the Europa League name so please be patient) as it's still a very commendable achievement and we get to play in Europe and experience further great (night) games at Goodison Park. Fair enough it doesn't come close to actual champions league qualification and involvement and we won't be playing the likes of Inter and Real Madrid, but at least for Martinez, it does represent a very fine achievement in his first season - remember also there were one or two that even envisaged a relegation, or was that some poor attempt at humor ? Still unclear if they were serious or otherwise.

Say again, can't quite remember a game like this for Everton where supporters appear so divided on the basis of one game. If it involved those miserable fucks winning an FA Cup for example (as a comparison of achievement) then could just about let it slide - but not for the actual league championship - and it's the prize they want more than anything, so why should we do them any damn favors in their quest for what they desire more than anything other ?

If Manchester City win I'll be "content" enough, if Everton win I'll be pleased but also with a certain level of regret and anxiety.

And even if City do win and there's a certain level of calm and relief for a few hours, what's to stop either Aston Villa or West Ham pulling out a surprise win in their last respective games and causing all manner of chaos ?

And are Crystal Palace really going to do the shite this weekend to make things easier ? Sure they're a competent side (now) and took points off us this campaign but got pretty good instincts and don't think at all the South London side will get anything from the game on the day.

It would appear "likely" that Arsenal will obtain 4th place, (so) you got to believe - or realize - it's out of our hands now - so whatever we do in our last two games would seem immaterial as the best we can (most probably) manage is fifth now - and if that involves losing to City (and they subsequently win the league title as a direct result of it) and beating Hull City on the last day, then we'll take it.

End of story

,,,,at the same time wouldn't we have the perfect response? That Captain Twatface tried to throw it away but we saved their arses, that they wouldn't have won the title if it wasn't for the Everton cavalry showing up at the last minute to rescue them?

That's true but can you imagine the responses coming back after informing them of that titbit of information. It'll be bitter this and bitter that.

Watch us get slagged off if we lose by the shite. If we win it's not a favour it's because we're a decent side and played well for our own benefit.

just get rid of that Inferiority feeling, will do you loads of good in football and more important in life

Guest rusty747

Really dont care what they do. I want us to win as many points as possible. I actually think that Liverpool will trip up in one of their remaining matches anyway.

How could an evertonian not want to play in the Europa League? Are they expecting EFC to be capable of winning the Champions League or something? The Europa League qualification is the prize you get from reaching 5th spot in the Prem. Have a bit of pride and accept it with gratitude and go for that cup!

Honestly, if Arsenal don't get the three points tomorrow, anything would be possible for you with a win this afternoon.

I really think that Arsenal won't beat Norwich at Carrow Road next week. It'll be their last chances to stay in Premier League 'cause they won't (I guess) beat Chelsea tomorrow.

Anyway, if Everton could birng the CL race until the last day, anything would be possible.

Guest rusty747

I just want to see Everton finish the season with 75 points and +25 goal difference. Do that and I will happily take fourth or fifth.

this Angel guy thinks his club printing money, 10M-20M from europe league is not good enough for him, then he will cry and blame the chairman for not strengthening the team.

MC that's your problem skipping school

Can someone ban this bitter arse twitching Kopite? He's only here because he wants a favour. Do1

West ham beat spurs, we are solid for Europa now. Just need to win these last 2 and keep the pressure on Arsenal.

We beat City (which I don't think we will, not at full strength) the west brom game is massive for us.