IGNORED

everton vs city

redarmy

I've seen it said that - and get this - that if Liverpool win a league championship this season "it will be good for the City of Liverpool"

So therefore when the shite "won" the european cup nine years ago (some LFC sites still have a masthead in tribute !) it was good for all Evertonians everywhere ? Don't recall much whooping and hollering that night in celebration of their victory..

The only thing it will be good for - is Liverpool Football Club themselves. Don't expect the majority of supporters of this club to be dancing and offering too many congratulations in regard to your endeavors. Yes there's a minority of both sets of supporters who offer congratulations when the other does something significant or wins an award, but this name is not a part of it, and safe in the knowledge that belongs in with a great many others.

75 per cent want to see Manchester City grab three points today (as they should see off both Aston Villa and WHUFC to take the title) and 25 per cent fully behind Everton and still have an eye on fourth place (even though still insistent that we've left it too late)

You can appreciate the divide this game has caused and see the perspectives of both camps but content enough to decide which side you decide to pitch with.

Guest rusty747

There have already been some strange and good results and latest scores this weekend. How about Everton 3-0 City, Arsenal 0-0 WBA, Palace 1-0 Liverpool

Followed next week by Norwich 1-0 Arsenal and Hull 0-3 Everton?

Just trying to show that we shouldnt give up on fourth just yet.

Edited by rusty747

There have already been some strange and good results and latest scores this weekend. How about Everton 3-0 City, Arsenal 0-0 WBA, Palace 1-0 Liverpool

Followed next week by Norwich 1-0 Arsenal and Hull 0-3 Everton?

Just trying to show that we shouldnt give up on fourth just yet.

Out of all them clubs I'd want Chelsea to win the league. Would all be good results for them

Guest rusty747

I dont mind losing when we have played well or at least put up a fight but I am ashamed and disgusted with our performance today.

i'm not wishing to my biggest enemy the feeling i have right now :(

we dig our own hole last week but it could have been nice to get some help from the blue half of the city, unfortunately never meant to be.

taking my hat off for Martinez, Barkley and lukaku, i guess they are the only ones inside goodison who wanted or at least tried(never heard goodison so quiet)

i wish to everton FC all the best!

we dig our own hole last week but it could have been nice to get some help from the blue half of the city, unfortunately never meant to be.
taking my hat off for Martinez, Barkley and lukaku, i guess they are the only ones inside goodison who wanted or at least tried(never heard goodison so quiet)

Thanks. And I wish to LFC administration.

...and we're the bitter ones!!!

Enjoy the Villa forum!

Would be lying if didn't take a certain level of satisfaction from tonights result, but also tinged with tangible disappointment that it effectively ends any chance of a champions league place now. Of course it's still City's to lose and all they need do is beat two poor opposition sides at home to take the league, but we've seen before that anything is possible in this division so not home and dry just yet. Quietly confident they can manage a league success from here - and if Liverpool miss out altogether, there won't be no tears this end.

Worth mentioning had a glance through some Liverpool pages directly after the game and there was a significant level of vitriol in our general direction - because we couldn't do them the small favor that they so wanted. Guess it was just heat of the moment stuff and fans in a state of frustration, but in any event, if we had seen a comprehensive win over Manchester City today they'd be most likely lining up to suck our cocks and offering plaudits left and right. Football's a fickle game, right ?

At least the game is over now and we have a clearer understanding of who's going to do what and that's got to be a relief to some, things were becoming very tense in the last few days, but at least now, it seems any hope of a liverpool title win has been averted. Manchester City's to lose, and can only hope they don't fuck this one up.

Ye it is a fickle game mate.

But we lost the right to complain about them by acting the same.

I watched the match with a few Liverpool fans. Nick Seddon who is one of the biggest Liverpool fans I have ever met patted me on the back as he left and told he saw the match different than me. He thought we had a real good go at the the last thirty minutes and thought we deserved a point from it.

Funny that he let it that way and not that Liverpool deserved us taking a point. Maybe football isn't such a fickle game after all, maybe there are real football fans out there after all.

My faith is humanity has been restored.

Now in the politest terms possible - Fuck off. Everton players didn't want to be in this position, how many teams scored two goals against them this season?

You have resorted to what I predicted you would. Prick.

Now in the politest terms possible - Fuck off. Everton players didn't want to be in this position, how many teams scored two goals against them this season?

You have resorted to what I predicted you would. Prick.

Im assuming by this reply that you were asked to work Sunday's. Calm down dear the poor lads just frustrated cause his team still havnt and will never have the balls to win the title again.

This major force still to win the premiership.

• 2 weeks later...

i wanted to say that you're an idiot but i think it's pretty obvious so no need to.
if i don't fall into this love hate between two teams from the same city i don't have a clue? maybe you have no life so that hating your neighbours prosper you in life?!
taking one eye out as long as your neighbour loses his both that's the right moto for miserable life!
grumpy but understandable as you live next to united...
the part we me and the camera killed me, you got the wrong guy, i went to 2 CL finals never took a camera with me and not even a phone so don't have a single pic from those games, plus i think camera and sell phone should be banned from games.
when i see someone holding his phone to take a pic all i want is to break his face and kick his ass outside so yes i'm your standard fan!
wow you sold 3000 tickets, you barely fill in your stadium each week, you should ask your neighbours to send you some of their glory hunters tourist :)

i can smell your fear from this game, hope my nose have more sense than your brain(well that's easy as you're a manc)

How's it hanging, plastic scouser ? I take it you weren't at Anfield at the weekend with your half and half scarf, camera and A to Z of Merseyside . Or were you in the comfort of a pub 'smelling the fear' after the previous 2 week wankfest. Have a shite summer in your red and white bridesmaid dress and remember first is first and second is nothing. Tosser.

..but apparently loving every minute of it!

Schadenfreude.............. you cant beat it. At least they got manager of the year for winning nothing. And the re-invented Tiny Tears Teeth-Offside- Suarez is a better player than Yaya Toure. Havn't stopped laughing. Good game at your place, even the stewards were taking selfies with Ricky Hatton at half time. Pisses on Anfield.

I know its fashionable to slag off the Europa League, but an Everton mate of mine went to Nuremburg a couple of years ago and had the time of his life. I've done Poznan, Copenhagen, Turin, Shalke04 and a few others in the Europa League and every trip was a good crack. Ignore the pundits and embrace it. Its better than going to Sunderland.

Here's to next season...........

Guest blueboy122

Schadenfreude.............. you cant beat it. At least they got manager of the year for winning nothing. And the re-invented Tiny Tears Teeth-Offside- Suarez is a better player than Yaya Toure. Havn't stopped laughing. Good game at your place, even the stewards were taking selfies with Ricky Hatton at half time. Pisses on Anfield.

I know its fashionable to slag off the Europa League, but an Everton mate of mine went to Nuremburg a couple of years ago and had the time of his life. I've done Poznan, Copenhagen, Turin, Shalke04 and a few others in the Europa League and every trip was a good crack. Ignore the pundits and embrace it. Its better than going to Sunderland.

Here's to next season...........

Theres a debate......

Suarez or Yaya?