IGNORED

everton vs city

redarmy

Mark's going to have a fit..

Nah. I am gutted though. Why? Because some people in this thread have obviously had a call from Bobby saying they're playing on Saturday and I haven't :(. I mean they think that what they want to happen has any bearing on what will actually happen!

TBH I just want City to win the title over Liverpool so much... this one game isn't that significant for EFC anymore. Let em have it. We'll get europa league anyway.

Edit: with which I'm not saying, let's lose tonight, I'm just saying that there's a bright side to it if we do.

Edited by Mirallas

i think those of you calling for your team to lose only making a pre excuses because you fear you can't compete with city. i wish there would be a way to banned you from entering to goodison tomorrow(maybe for life for your own club sake), you bunch of losers!

I want us to win because I'm an Everton fan. However I will be happiest I've ever been if we do lose as I couldn't stand you winning the title. Every conversation with a Liverpool fan would end up about your heroic title and how captain fantastic deserves a league medal. Liverpool fans want to get pally all of a sudden and I'm not buying it. Years of "you're the small team Merseyside" and "blue shite" amongst other things. Will support anyone who plays Liverpool.

i think those of you calling for your team to lose only making a pre excuses because you fear you can't compete with city. i wish there would be a way to banned you from entering to goodison tomorrow(maybe for life for your own club sake), you bunch of losers!

Stuck up for you before, now I couldnt care.

Take him away...

Stuck up for you before, now I couldnt care.

Take him away...

sounds like you're the prison manager :Grammar Police:

i don't understand why you decided to be offended by my comment but that's your problem!

Edited by redarmy

I'm going to this one with my gf for only the 2nd time this season (live near Oxford). First game was the 2-1 win over Southampton. I'm definitely hoping for a win, hopefully there will be a lot of goals as I think both teams will be going for it :). There's no way we would change our performance to prevent Liverpool from winning the title - Roberto wouldn't allow it...

To be honest Ten, if people are going to go to Goodison and support City so Liverpool dont win the league, I agree with him.

I dont agree with it and was happy to stand for us not rolling over, but then he went on the wind up.

Tried to stir up crap with other posters by claiming Everton fans will use it as an excuse post-loss and that we are all losers.

I stood up for him for being respectful and sensible, now hes being disrespectful and a tool.

They cant be sensible for too long that lot, it hurts.

I dont agree with it and was happy to stand for us not rolling over, but then he went on the wind up.

Tried to stir up crap with other posters by claiming Everton fans will use it as an excuse post-loss and that we are all losers.

I stood up for him for being respectful and sensible, now hes being disrespectful and a tool.

They cant be sensible for too long that lot, it hurts.

no i didn't say that you lot are all losers, it's your problem if you didn't understand what i wrote.
my aim was those who shout for your team to lose, like the knucklehead who wants you to lose 31-0 just so he can feel good around reds fans

To be honest Ten, if people are going to go to Goodison and support City so Liverpool dont win the league, I agree with him.

What gives a kopite the right to tell us about integrity???

They surrendered against Chelsea 4 years ago in order that Man United didn't win the league (1 shot on target on 90 minutes, a gerrard gift to Drogba) - Liverpool fans declaring themselves cockneys for the day with banners, buying up half and half scarves...

When Redknapp rattled in a 25 yard winning free kick that may have gifted the league to Man United (but it didn't) it was met with stoney silence by the fans....

So I repeat, what gives them the right to start dictating how fans should be in this situation etc etc etc

Edited by Hafnia

What gives a kopite the right to tell us about integrity???

They surrendered against Chelsea 4 years ago in order that Man United didn't win the league (1 shot on target on 90 minutes, a gerrard gift to Drogba) - Liverpool fans declaring themselves cockneys for the day with banners, buying up half and half scarves...

When Redknapp rattled in a 25 yard winning free kick that may have gifted the league to Man United (but it didn't) it was met with stoney silence by the fans....

So I repeat, what gives them the right to start dictating how fans should be in this situation etc etc etc

the lad has been perfectly civil and made valid points. remember what was posted about tarring them all with the same brush?

no i didn't say that you lot are all losers, it's your problem if you didn't understand what i wrote.

my aim was those who shout for your team to lose, like the knucklehead who wants you to lose 31-0 just so he can feel good around reds fans

Well your aim is well and truly off.

The vast majority of Everton fans want us to win tomorrow regardless, because we support Everton and want to finish strongly, show fight and finish as high as we can. Finishing the season with back to back wins will leave the fans and players on a god note, and give us momentum to take into the transfer market and next season.

My family is mixed Red and Blue with plenty of banter, but this season if I had to choose between City and Chelski and Pool to win the league, then I chose the Pool

the lad has been perfectly civil and made valid points. remember what was posted about tarring them all with the same brush?

You mean like a bloke is really civil to a girl he wants to chat up untill she rejects his advances??? Then when he hears what he doesn't want to hear he calls her a pig?

think those of you calling for your team to lose only making a pre excuses because you fear you can't compete with city. i wish there would be a way to banned you from entering to goodison tomorrow(maybe for life for your own club sake), you bunch of losers!

It has been made more than clear to him that for the local supporters the Evertonians life will be made a misery by the woodwork emerging "gloaters" who arent really bothered about football and slate Everton at every given opportunity.

can't compete with City...

we've lost to them once in the last 15 games we've played them at Goodison! Won the last 4 times we've played them at home.

Our home results against the top 7 sides this season:

Beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd

Drew with Redshites and Spurs

We've lost the same number of home games as Liverpool this season and conceded less goals.

It's a tough fixture especially with City gunning for a win that will likely make the title theirs but were more than capable of getting at least a point off of them.

Why the fuck did you just bite to that Muppet. No point playing reverse phsycology with the fans, it's the players he needs to get into.

hafnia

you want me to remind you what happen on 1994-1995 when kenny came with blackburn needed a win to win the title and end above united?

Yeah, the Liverpool players beat a Blackburn team that in all honesty had completely bottled it, they were playing like an under 10 junior side, and lost 3 of their last 5 games... hows about that for a reminder?

Did the Liverpool fans want to beat them??? errr..... based on a cracking 25 yard free kick finding the top right corner to give Liverpool 4th place they were strangely silent... Only when they learned that United had blown it did they celebrate wildly.

But ya know, you just keep judging the Evertonians who have justifiable reasons for accepting that defeat against City is the preferred outcome.

Just as an FYI to anyone who thinks "I'm only concerned about Everton - don't care about Liverpool and if they win the league or not"..... Its not a moral high ground, it doesn't make you a better fan, nor does wanting to lose to Man City make you a better fan.

Its a personal choice and I have not for once criticised anyone for wanting to beat Man City, that is your right as a fan. However it seems that the fans who want to roll over to Man City are being "judged" - sorry but no one has the right to do that. I understand both camps.

My camp is that despite having relatives and friends who are big Liverpool fans and behave in the right manner and I would not begrudge them a title, I know too many absolute B£%% $%^%&^ - who in all honesty would make me destest the fact that we enabled Liverpool to win the league.

Sooo lets knock all this sanctimonious nonsense on the head. I know more Evertonians who want us to lose this game, who are very sound minded, very fair, who do love the club.

IMO... The only European competition worth being in is the Champions League.... for prestige, the money and expanding the Everton 'brand' throughout the world.

Will we be able to attract a different class of player because we are in the Europa.... Nope

Will we make millions of pounds in additional revenue.... Nope

Will we be able to train and prepare midweek so we can be at our best for our EPL games... Nope

I would much rather let the 5 or 6 teams around us play in Europe next year while we play our 38 games in the EPL remain fresh and have a great chance of breaking the top 4 next season. I think Europa is a hindrance.

No way Liverpool would be where they are if they had to piss about in Europe on Thursday evenings.

I do get what you're saying and I think that's why so many people are divided on the subject. I honestly think though that it will help more than it will hinder, but it's all just opinions I guess! I'm looking at it as though we'd be in it to win it not just making up the numbers. And it shows you're knocking on the door of the CL which I do think would help attract players. Anyway there's already been a thread for this, we'll never get everyone to agree haha, but diversity of opinion makes good debate :)

IMO... The only European competition worth being in is the Champions League.... for prestige, the money and expanding the Everton 'brand' throughout the world.

Will we be able to attract a different class of player because we are in the Europa.... Nope

Will we make millions of pounds in additional revenue.... Nope

Will we be able to train and prepare midweek so we can be at our best for our EPL games... Nope

I would much rather let the 5 or 6 teams around us play in Europe next year while we play our 38 games in the EPL remain fresh and have a great chance of breaking the top 4 next season. I think Europa is a hindrance.

No way Liverpool would be where they are if they had to piss about in Europe on Thursday evenings.

We could potentially make millions in additional revenue (about £10m to the winner I think it is) but the certainty is that if we finish 7th instead of 5th we'll lose £2m odd in prize money.

Yeah, the Liverpool players beat a Blackburn team that in all honesty had completely bottled it, they were playing like an under 10 junior side, and lost 3 of their last 5 games... hows about that for a reminder?

Did the Liverpool fans want to beat them??? errr..... based on a cracking 25 yard free kick finding the top right corner to give Liverpool 4th place they were strangely silent... Only when they learned that United had blown it did they celebrate wildly.

But ya know, you just keep judging the Evertonians who have justifiable reasons for accepting that defeat against City is the preferred outcome.

Just as an FYI to anyone who thinks "I'm only concerned about Everton - don't care about Liverpool and if they win the league or not"..... Its not a moral high ground, it doesn't make you a better fan, nor does wanting to lose to Man City make you a better fan.

Its a personal choice and I have not for once criticised anyone for wanting to beat Man City, that is your right as a fan. However it seems that the fans who want to roll over to Man City are being "judged" - sorry but no one has the right to do that. I understand both camps.

My camp is that despite having relatives and friends who are big Liverpool fans and behave in the right manner and I would not begrudge them a title, I know too many absolute B£%% $%^%&^ - who in all honesty would make me destest the fact that we enabled Liverpool to win the league.

Sooo lets knock all this sanctimonious nonsense on the head. I know more Evertonians who want us to lose this game, who are very sound minded, very fair, who do love the club.

Can you explain this to me Haf. So the only reason you don't want us to win this game is because you don't want Liverpool to win the league? Despite the fact that we still haven't clinched Europa (not 100% sure where you stand on this) and still have a miniscule chance of 4th place? I understand where you're coming when you say this doesn't make you a "better fan" seeing as you've grown up seeing Everton over the years and are a native supporter but at the same time, I think cliching a top 6 spot is much more important.

A little bit different, but it's kind of like being in the Championship. Let's say Everton are 5th. Do I want to ensure that we finish the highest place possible with a potential 4th place finish allowing us to play potentially an easier opponent? Yes of course I would. Especially knowing that we could still drop to 7th and not have a shot at the playoffs! Of course these are different as we're comparing clinching Europa vs playing into the Prem, but nonetheless I always want my club to do well.

Can you explain this to me Haf. So the only reason you don't want us to win this game is because you don't want Liverpool to win the league? Despite the fact that we still haven't clinched Europa (not 100% sure where you stand on this) and still have a miniscule chance of 4th place? I understand where you're coming when you say this doesn't make you a "better fan" seeing as you've grown up seeing Everton over the years and are a native supporter but at the same time, I think cliching a top 6 spot is much more important.

A little bit different, but it's kind of like being in the Championship. Let's say Everton are 5th. Do I want to ensure that we finish the highest place possible with a potential 4th place finish allowing us to play potentially an easier opponent? Yes of course I would. Especially knowing that we could still drop to 7th and not have a shot at the playoffs! Of course these are different as we're comparing clinching Europa vs playing into the Prem, but nonetheless I always want my club to do well.

That is 100% absolutely correct. Europa is a very poor consolation prize for me, and one that i'm not bothered in the slightest about, if anything I do not want it. As Boblatchford said it instroduces a whole different dynamic to match prep and premier league performances.

Fans who are intending to travel etc, I get it, nice opportunities to create memories and it is a nice way to see Europe.

For me personally we are struggling to get over the line of a normal domestic season.

Based on Liverpool winning the league, sorry but it is a no go, absolute no go. The only way I would want to beat City is if we stood a realistic chance of 4th place. I'm not being a "hater", or "bitter", this is omething that seriously can't happen.

Their fanbase have become insufferable - locally it is compounded. I went to the local club with my wife and baby the other week, we often go there and enjoy the family atmosphere, food etc, etc, couldn't sit down, had fans screaming at the TV, clapping at the TV, swearing - and I repeat its a "family venue". I watch Everton games there, and we are in all honesty a different class, no hysterics, swearing at the TV, aware of who is around us etc.

They have become a culture of "lets clap and show support when people don't expect you to show suuport", "call players by their first names", "own more scarves than the opponents" - just unbearable really.

Guest rusty747

Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and nobody else wants to listen to it!

Here's mine though.

We will only know if qualifying for the Europa Leagues is a good thing or not after we have qualified and Blue Bill has either splashed the cash or not. If we qualify but dont significantly strengthen the squad then I agree that our league form will probably suffer. However, if we do strengthen the squad significantly I think Europa League can only be a good thing.

And lets not forget, however unlikely we may think, if we can beat Man City we will have played 37/38 of our league games and still be mathematically in with a chance of Champions League. No matter how slim the chance, that is too big a prize to give up on.

I do respect the other point of view but imho, part of being a big club is not to worry about what happens at other clubs.

Sin Miedo.

Edited by rusty747