IGNORED

Victor Moses

In one thing you have not changed, my friend. You still speak in riddles. [Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers]

Maybe, just maybe, I credit some of you with too much intelligence. :doh:

Have you ever thought about contemplating why pace is great if 'everybody' has it, rather than just make a silly pointless post?

Picture Franky the Falcon on one wing, and Charley the Cheetah on the other. Harry the Hippo, Larry the Leapord Seal, and Billy the Blob Fish are in midfield, whilst upfront we have Peter the Pot Bellied Pig. We've been stuck in our own half when suddenly, Franky the Falcon gets the ball and zooms up the left side. (I'd have said left wing, but with Franky being a Falcon, it might have thrown you). Hot in pursuit, Charley whooshes up the right. Meanwhile Franky goes to cross the ball, and Peter, Harry, and Larry are nowhere to be seen, as no matter how hard Billy the Blob fish tried to get upfield, he just couldn't get past the big fat arses of slow coaches, Harry and Larry, and poor Peter the Pig had been fouled.

So not being deterred, Franky launches it high across the pitch to Charley, who launches it back across to Franky. 30 crosses go by before finally Billy the Blob Fish gets on the end of one and nuts it in the back of the net.

So, you're right. We don't need to match pace across the pitch, as we have 90 minutes, and the others will get up there eventually. :)

Edited by Avinalaff

Ok, I must ask, why do they need to cross it?

Ever seen Agbonlahor, Ronaldo, Bale, Walcott, breaking on a counter attack? They all run direct at the goal, no need to wait for someone to pass to.

Mirallas against Stoke? Didn't look for a pass, just run at the goal.

Everyone doesn't need it, but anyone who does is a bonus.

Well when I look at my home team, we got pace on the wings and in the striking position, but the number 10 is slow.

However, he's a brilliant passer and very technically skilled person (learnt the game at Barcelona FC). He continually makes the difference with very clever assists to the pacey players, as wel as doing some clever link-up play with other technocally skills players.

Not all of your players have to be pacey for the team to work ;)

Guest blueboy122

Have you ever thought about contemplating why pace is great if 'everybody' has it, rather than just make a silly pointless post?

Picture Franky the Falcon on one wing, and Charley the Cheetah on the other. Harry the Hippo, Larry the Leapord Seal, and Billy the Blob Fish are in midfield, whilst upfront we have Peter the Pot Bellied Pig. We've been stuck in our own half when suddenly, Franky the Falcon gets the ball and zooms up the left side. (I'd have said left wing, but with Franky being a Falcon, it might have thrown you). Hot in pursuit, Charley whooshes up the right. Meanwhile Franky goes to cross the ball, and Peter, Harry, and Larry are nowhere to be seen, as no matter how hard Billy the Blob fish tried to get upfield, he just couldn't get past the big fat arses of slow coaches, Harry and Larry, and poor Peter the Pig had been fouled.

So not being deterred, Franky launches it high across the pitch to Charley, who launches it back across to Franky. 30 crosses go by before finally Billy the Blob Fish gets on the end of one and nuts it in the back of the net.

So, you're right. We don't need to match pace across the pitch, as we have 90 minutes, and the others will get up there eventually. :)

Ok let's not bother signing pacey players as non of our players have it in abudance.

Only snails here please.

Having just one player with pace is a great asset. Having players with pace makes the opposition defence sit deeper to counter the threat of passes being played in behind, when defences are sat deep that offers the midfielders like Barkley more space to operate.

Pace is very much needed at our clkub, we only have Mirallas who is rapid.

Having just one player with pace is a great asset. Having players with pace makes the opposition defence sit deeper to counter the threat of passes being played in behind, when defences are sat deep that offers the midfielders like Barkley more space to operate.

Pace is very much needed at our clkub, we only have Mirallas who is rapid.

Coleman is just as quick imo, Baines is no slouch either other than that id agree it's something we lack

It's all relative though isn't it....all of our players are professional athletes and as such such none of them are the fat kid at school who runs the hundred meters in twenty seconds.

Difference between one of them who has "pace" and one who doesn't over the length of a football pitch is going to be a second, two at the outside....so to suggest that a fast guy is going to be all alone for ages while people catch up is a bit ridiculous.

Ok let's not bother signing pacey players as non of our players have it in abudance.

Only snails here please.

That isn't what I said to be fair.

I'm just pointing out that in order to be able to break quickly as a unit on the counter attack, we could do with pace throughout our attacking players. I'm not saying don't buy a guy with pace. I just wouldn't spend big, just on that attribute.

If you take United for example, Rooney is lightening quick, so is Nani, Valencia, Raphael, Hernandez, and Evra. You can look at the Spurs players too in Lennon, Bale, Kaboul, Walker, Ekotto and so on.

United and Spurs are possibly the quickest counter attacking sides I can think of, where they hit you in big numbers.

I'm just pointing out that in order to be able to break quickly as a unit on the counter attack, we could do with pace throughout our attacking players. I'm not saying don't buy a guy with pace. I just wouldn't spend big, just on that attribute.

If you take United for example, Rooney is lightening quick, so is Nani, Valencia, Raphael, Hernandez, and Evra. You can look at the Spurs players too in Lennon, Bale, Kaboul, Walker, Ekotto and so on.

United and Spurs are possibly the quickest counter attacking sides I can think of, where they hit you in big numbers.

I wouldn't say Rooney (Lazy), Nani (Hogger) , Rafael (Clueless) and Evra (Out of breath) are that quick to be honest. Also wouldn't say that Ekotto, Kaboul are quick either.

Baines is quicker than Ekotto. Coleman is quicker than all of the united players you mentioned as well.

I wouldn't say Rooney (Lazy), Nani (Hogger) , Rafael (Clueless) and Evra (Out of breath) are that quick to be honest. Also wouldn't say that Ekotto, Kaboul are quick either.

Baines is quicker than Ekotto. Coleman is quicker than all of the united players you mentioned as well.

Sorry, but I can't agree.

Kaboul is Spurs quickest player over 100m according to their fan site.

Guest blueboy122

I can't be much of a report as Lee Sharpe wasn't even included in the fifteen names. He had great pace when first arrived on the scene. And Ronaldo fastest ever player ? Can't quite buy into that.

Ronaldo is the fastest player ever in my opinion. Never seen some with the acceleration he has. He is like a buggati veyron in a race with ford fiesta in comparison to most other football players.

Guest blueboy122

rooney is lazy? side point i know but can't really agree with that

Doesnt he cover the most ground every season, some stat like that to back up he is certainly not lazy. Rooney is often one of united's best defenders when he is chasing back and then he will quickly win the ball and break much like that goal against Arsenal he scored on the counter.

Guest blueboy122

Fair enough but signing a player with pace can only be a positive right?