IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

I do believe we will get a result against Germany though. If not, then I'm hoping Portugal gets there shit together and beats Ghana by a +1 goal differential. I'd absolutely hate to have to rely on another team to get through, but I'd take if it comes down to that.

I've not looked at the table to see the possible permutations but the bookies seem to think you'll be OK; USA are generally at 1/5 to qualify with Ghana 5/1 and Portugal as high as 10/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/group-g/to-qualify

Just looked at the group and see that a draw would put both Germany and the USA through; maybe Jurgen could have a word with his countrymen, they've got previous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germany_1%E2%80%930_Austria

I've not looked at the table to see the possible permutations but the bookies seem to think you'll be OK; USA are generally at 1/5 to qualify with Ghana 5/1 and Portugal as high as 10/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/group-g/to-qualify

That seems fair. Fivethirtyeight.com, which is a probabilities and statistics calculations website, posted that the numbers gave the US a 76% chance of advancing after yesterday's draw (despite having a 64% chance of losing to Germany on Thursday), so the oddsmakers putting them at 1-in-5 (basically giving them an 80% chance to advance) are right in the same ballpark.

Guest blueboy122

Every time Robben gets the ball he's looking to do something. Player of the tournament for me so far.

He's such an exciting player isn't he.

He's really showing Messi and Ronaldo up.

He nearly pulled off a Barkley vs Newcastle as well.

He's such an exciting player isn't he.

He's really showing Messi and Ronaldo up.

He nearly pulled off a Barkley vs Newcastle as well.

He really is stepping up in this tournament. On his day he's up their with those two, just not as consistant. He's been brilliant.

Guest blueboy122

Has he been playing CB? I think he's a good player. Bags of energy,

I think he is playing defensive mid but could well be playing at the back. Played for Cardiff this year and I thought he was quite useful in that Carsley role. If Barry doesn't resign Medel could sit in and let McCarthy push forward more which I would like to see.

Over the last couple of posts it would seem you have a chip over anything Holland. It was a great header.

not at all! Think I predicted they'd get to semis.

I'll summarize what I wrote : didnt seem to go where he wanted it to (watching the replay now, stick by it, he was aiming bottom left of the goal), but he did well to get into the space which was made by terrible marking. I'll agree it was a bullet too, a lot of pace in it.

Guest Nikica

Was wondering what the fuck was going on when posts went missing :rofl:

Thought it was a good game - fair play to both teams. Chile took the initiative for the first hour and got in behind a couple of times but wasted it and didn't create a clear cut chance. Holland's gameplan to sit back and hit on the break really worked at the end of the game - their height from a set-piece and Robben's pace on the break were the source of their goals.. However, we have to bear in mind that Holland only needed a draw today - if it were a knock-out game the dynamics may have been different.

Both teams have a good chance of making the QF, but based on hosting and history the smart money has to be on Brazil vs Chile (assuming they beat Cameroon well, as expected). Holland vs Mexico or Croatia look like intriguing ties as well. I'm really looking forward to the knockout stage of this tournament.

Edited by Nikica

Even the kids who walk out with the players were belting out the Brazilian anthem - even if they were ordered to, they still did it. Pride and passion.

Haven't got a clue what they're singing about but maybe if we changed our anthem to something about takeaway pizza, Farm Foods, pea foam, caramelised figs or the school run it might generate a bit of passion and interest. I can only see Social Services being involved if our kiddies are ordered to sing about God and some smelly pensioner.