IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

I agree that Robben has been the player of the tournament, however you would have to fear for Holland's chances if he got injured because they are almost reliant on him. Holland are just sitting deep and using his ability on the counter to cut teams apart and its working a treat. Cant agree about Ron Vlaar though. He is playing in a defensive formation and it is suiting him, otherwise he is average in most areas.

On the other hand though, I really like Chile. They may have been beaten today but they didnt have their lynch pin Vidal, and given it was very even over the 90 minutes, its a player of his ability that makes the difference. They might be inferior man for man to most other teams big teams in the tournament but the way they play is so impressive and you could see a few of their player fitting in to our system.

Regarding Medel, I think he played in a DM role mainly for Cardiff and tbh I dont think he is good enough there. He is a brilliant ball playing sweeper type and I would definitely take an interest in him. He isnt the biggest or quickest but he uses his strength well and reads the game excellently. By all accounts he is a bit of a nutter but I think he would be a huge asset in the dressing room. He isnt a player I would like to have to use week in week out because teams will find his weaknesses but as a squad player he would be great and fairly cheap.

Don't think I've ever missed an England WC game (Since I've been alive) but I'm not sure a 4am wake up for this Costa Rica game is worth it..

Where are you Kohen?

I probably wouldn't be arsed to watch at 5.00pm if it wasn't for the fact that Barkley was playing; hope he has a good game but I won't be remotely bothered if we get stuffed tbh.