IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

Got to say, I really didn't like Messi at the end of the game, he behaved like a bit of a brat, Neuer offered him a hand shke which he gave very little acceptance to.

I just don't like Messi in general.

All the talent, has an obnoxious, snide side to him that I just can't see passed.

At the end of the game, he just didn't look that bothered about losing either. No-one can say he 'tried' in that world cup, because if he did, he'd have been much, much better.

I just don't like Messi in general.

All the talent, has an obnoxious, snide side to him that I just can't see passed.

At the end of the game, he just didn't look that bothered about losing either. No-one can say he 'tried' in that world cup, because if he did, he'd have been much, much better.

Yeh I thought that too. He looked a bit like a player who didn't want to be out there at times, especially when he didn't have the ball at his feet.

He does have a lot of expectation on his shoulders mind you and he is constantly being compared to Maradona and other Argie greats (and generally dismissed as being as good as them) and he probably just didn't deal with all of that pressure. Some players thrive on it and inspire their team, some players don't.

I bet that if you had put him in the German team, maybe instead of Ozil for example and asked him to play to the system with less pressure on him because of the other game changers in the starting 11 then you would have seen a much better player. At times it even looked like the Argies were expecting him to win the game on his own.

:doh: Football fans are fickle... 1 bad tournament after scoring 41 goals in 46 games last season and hes past his best after just turning 27 :lol: Thats not aimed specifically at you Cotto, IVe heard and read a few people saying that and I just find it ludicrous.

As for his attitude, I disagree with the comments made her. He looked a frustrated figure who was annoyed at receiving an award which he knows he didnt deserve, for missing a game winning opportunity in the final and probably angry with his team mates for not pulling their weight throughout the whole competition.

Edited by Matt

:doh: Football fans are fickle... 1 bad tournament after scoring 41 goals in 46 games last season and hes past his best after just turning 27 :lol: Thats not aimed specifically at you Cotto, IVe heard and read a few people saying that and I just find it ludicrous.

As for his attitude, I disagree with the comments made her. He looked a frustrated figure who was annoyed at receiving an award which he knows he didnt deserve, for missing a game winning opportunity in the final and probably angry with his team mates for not pulling their weight throughout the whole competition.

Messi has certainly peaked mate.

I very much doubt he'll ever score even close to 91 goals in a calendar year ever again. For me that year was his peak. You think he'll improve on that?

That's why I said his best days have gone and I fully expect him to become more of a team player, whilst still being World Class.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I very much doubt he'll ever score even close to 91 goals in a calendar year ever again. For me that year was his peak. You think he'll improve on that?

That's why I said his best days have gone and I fully expect him to become more of a team player, whilst still being World Class.

You saw what Suarez did with Sturridge, that link up play, the goals and assists? Think Messi and Suarez.

I know what you mean, I just dont agree with the statement :)

So he could be even more instrumental for Barca/Argentina but not score as many goals and then he is on the decline?

Pretty much he'll become more human. The days of him picking the ball up at the half way line and dribbling though a whole team every game are quite possibly gone.

I certainly haven't seen the player of three season ago in the last 12 months.