IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

show off :shaking fist:

Just realized what you meant by this. I wasn't trying to flaunt my degrees, just trying to explain my tattoos. Advanced degrees have only narrowed me to a small small small corner in the universe of knowledge--I know a ton about a subject that 15 people care about. I wasn't trying to sound "credentialed"...sorry about that.

Just realized what you meant by this. I wasn't trying to flaunt my degrees, just trying to explain my tattoos. Advanced degrees have only narrowed me to a small small small corner in the universe of knowledge--I know a ton about a subject that 15 people care about. I wasn't trying to sound "credentialed"...sorry about that.

You should have gotten your PhD in the "history of Everton football club." Then you'd know a ton about a subject that millions of people care about. :)

At least your current subject matter has given you the opportunity to live on Merseyside for a while.

was only winding you up mate, you've nothing to apologise for! Got massive respect for people who finish their degrees, never mind PhD!

The sifaka looks a bit special mate. The head is almost ducklike in the photo.

What are your degrees in by the way? Mine is Applied Biology. (Yes I know ... I work on aircraft with a degree in biology what is the link ... Actually there is none. :dont know: )

The sifaka looks a bit special mate. The head is almost ducklike in the photo.

What are your degrees in by the way? Mine is Applied Biology. (Yes I know ... I work on aircraft with a degree in biology what is the link ... Actually there is none. :dont know: )

you know which parts of the body not to put in the turbine?

All my degrees are in Anthropology, but mostly focusing on the biological side of anthropology. Hence I teach courses on things like "human evolution" "anthropological genetics" "evolutionary psychology" "primate behavioral ecology" and other stuff having to do with the biology of humans and nonhuman primates.

My primary research is studying lemur behavior, genetics, and conservation biology. Sifaka, pictured on my arm and my avatar photo, are the creatures that I study.

Anyways, I appreciate the follow up comments. I just didn't want to come off as one of those pretentious academic types (perhaps I still do :) ).

Now back to the World cup!

All my degrees are in Anthropology, but mostly focusing on the biological side of anthropology. Hence I teach courses on things like "human evolution" "anthropological genetics" "evolutionary psychology" "primate behavioral ecology" and other stuff having to do with the biology of humans and nonhuman primates.

My primary research is studying lemur behavior, genetics, and conservation biology. Sifaka, pictured on my arm and my avatar photo, are the creatures that I study.

Anyways, I appreciate the follow up comments. I just didn't want to come off as one of those pretentious academic types (perhaps I still do :) ).

ooooh la de da!!

:P

you know which parts of the body not to put in the turbine?

Good call Matt. I knew all those years in Uni were not wasted. I also knew I would rule the world one day. Muahahahah *cough cough* Damnit those evil laughs always come out sounding like a wet fart these days..*sniff sniff*... oops it was not just a sound effect.

No worries Ver. no sounds of being pretentious there. You merely state the fact that you had a half decent education.

(Makes a note to avoid Hominid evolutionary theories in TT)

Nederlands to come third anyone?

All these teams I am fairly agnostic about. I am leaning toward rooting for the Dutch in the 3rd place game (though I dislike Robben), and slightly leaning toward Argentina in the championship. I've become much more of a fan of Mascherano on Argentina, what a performance last week.

Is there a more pointless game in football than the 3rd/4th place play off at the World Cup? I just had to look up the result of the one England took part in in 1990 (lost 2-1 to Italy apparently) because it was just so trivial I'd erased it from my memory.

Is there a more pointless game in football than the 3rd/4th place play off at the World Cup? I just had to look up the result of the one England took part in in 1990 (lost 2-1 to Italy apparently) because it was just so trivial I'd erased it from my memory.

that must be an english thing then. i really appreciate the 3/4 game. after 4 years of qualifying i think it's proper to have a couples places given to congratulate the teams that got that far.

here in the states, in state competitions they usually place 1-8, for instance i was a wrestler and when you have thousands and thousand of kids that compete and you get 8th, that's really saying something. and way better than "i got to the quarterfinals" for me

that must be an english thing then. i really appreciate the 3/4 game. after 4 years of qualifying i think it's proper to have a couples places given to congratulate the teams that got that far.

here in the states, in state competitions they usually place 1-8, for instance i was a wrestler and when you have thousands and thousand of kids that compete and you get 8th, that's really saying something. and way better than "i got to the quarterfinals" for me

Individual competition is a bit different though. However, saying you came 8th is a bigger achievement than reaching the quarter finals (5th to 8th) I'd take issue with; 8th means you were the worst quarter finallist :).

Jeez I really didn't think Brazil could be this poor again; did PSG really pay £50m for Luiz? Not worth £5m judged on this world cup.

Can't see where they're going to get a goal from.

Luiz has been terrible in most games. Yes, he scored a good goal earlier in the tournament, but he isn't doing the bread-and-butter stuff. Holland's second goal was a gift from Luiz.

Luiz is a potentially very good defensive midfielder. He's just lacking up in his head. Reminds me of Joseph yobo.

He could be excellent in several defensive positions but without the right mentality he is never going to be world class in any position. He reminded me of Carvalho when he first came to Chelsea. Aggressive, dirty and a little creative in his defensive work, but Carvalho was an excellent defender and reader of the game. He knew when to take a risk whereas Luiz hasnt learned and makes mistake after mistake. Even when he was doing well for Chelsea as a DM he was still making stupid little mistakes, giving away silly fouls or getting drawn to the ball too easily.

If I was a manager playing against Luiz, I would love it!