IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

This Origi - Lukaku comparison is pointless, cause the latter is a striker and the former is an attacker who plays either behind the center forward or on the wing. He was just used as a CF for Belgium, because Benteke was injured and we sought an answer. Off course Origi looks like a better footballer with his quick ball handling, but that's inherent to the position he plays in. Lukaku scores more goals and always will. I hope LFC read the instruction manual before they bought Origi based on his World Cup displays.

If you want to compare Origi, then compare him to Mirallas.

Bar The first game Oscar has been poor as he was in the 2nd half of the season. SHurrle hasn't been great on the whole, but he has had an impact from the bench, although he didn't start that often for Chelsea anyway. Poor argument.

Disagree, both have proven versatility and played for the team. Oscar specifically will benefit from neymar missing. I actually think Brazil will also.

This Origi - Lukaku comparison is pointless, cause the latter is a striker and the former is an attacker who plays either behind the center forward or on the wing. He was just used as a CF for Belgium, because Benteke was injured and we sought an answer. Off course Origi looks like a better footballer with his quick ball handling, but that's inherent to the position he plays in. Lukaku scores more goals and always will. I hope LFC read the instruction manual before they bought Origi based on his World Cup displays.

If you want to compare Origi, then compare him to Mirallas.

Origi is just used on the wing for Lille because that's where they have a need for him, though, no? He played centre forward for the youth teams of Lille and Belgium as well.

Disagree, both have proven versatility and played for the team. Oscar specifically will benefit from neymar missing. I actually think Brazil will also.

I kinda agree and disagree with you both. Oscar was sublime in the first game, easily the best Brazilian on the pitch and since then his performances haven't hit the same heights. I wouldnt say he was poor, just not as good as that 1st game

Agree with Haf, with Neymar out of the limelight, I could see him stepping up and cost me a small fortune...

I really like Oscar, not disagreeing with that point, it's more the insinuation that the players Mourinho has criticized have been poor compared to those that haven't. Oscar will benefit from playing centrally just as Hazard would and in reality they have had similarly average tournaments.

I really like Oscar, not disagreeing with that point, it's more the insinuation that the players Mourinho has criticized have been poor compared to those that haven't. Oscar will benefit from playing centrally just as Hazard would and in reality they have had similarly average tournaments.

The point is Mourinho looks at what they do for the team - not how spectacular they have been for themselves. I think they have demonstrated this on both counts.

The point is Mourinho looks at what they do for the team - not how spectacular they have been for themselves. I think they have demonstrated this on both counts.

Dont forget that Mourinho plays a very defensive formation, so any attacking 'flair' players are going to come under some form of criticism from him unless they also do the donkey work which is one of the reasons Mata was shipped out. The likes of Hazard and Mata are superior players compared to Willian/Schurrle/Ramirez etc but because they dont do their defensive responsibilities as well, it will make them stand out negatively given the way Chelsea play.

For example, if Barkley was in the Chelsea squad he probably wouldn't get a look in. Not because he isnt good enough, but because he doesnt do the graft other players will in his position. He would look crap because he would appear to not be putting a shift in, yet under Martinez and the way we play, he has flourished for that exact same reason. Same with Lukaku, same with Mata. On the other hand, the other guys wouldn't be as effective at Everton because they are mainly counter attacking players.