IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

If it isn't clear by now that someone somewhere is giving Messi a dozen times the praise he actually deserves... he just got ... the frikkin.. golden ball. I could think of an entire team of footballers who are more deserving of that trophy. I'm speechless. Not wasting any more words on that shit. I curse you, fifa.

Was it Alan Shearer who got the final say on the Golden Ball by any chance? I've never heard someone blow so much undeserved smoke up someone's arse ever.

Messi's best years have passed. He certainly wasn't the best player.

Kroos & Robben easily had better tournaments possibly others.

I remember Kroos on Football manager 5 or 6 years ago he was probably the best wonder kid on it. Always followed his progress since then.

Possibly the most complete midfielder out there. Can play deep, wide and in an attacking role and is equally as good in every position.

In that short period of time I wonder how many of ours your lot killed in "friendly fire"? ;)

Alright alright, apologies I went a little over the line with that one. Sorry fellas.

I had Germany to win it all and thought they deserved this. Ever since I started seriously following the game in 2006 WC I have really liked how the Germans play.

Looking forward to 2018 in Russia, hopefully we can have a Boston Tea Party final USA vs England. Would be great with all the fans on here. I can dream can't I ?!

I remember Kroos on Football manager 5 or 6 years ago he was probably the best wonder kid on it. Always followed his progress since then.

Possibly the most complete midfielder out there. Can play deep, wide and in an attacking role and is equally as good in every position.

And has signed for Real Madrid.

Alright alright, apologies I went a little over the line with that one. Sorry fellas.

I had Germany to win it all and thought they deserved this. Ever since I started seriously following the game in 2006 WC I have really liked how the Germans play.

Looking forward to 2018 in Russia, hopefully we can have a Boston Tea Party final USA vs England. Would be great with all the fans on here. I can dream can't I ?!

Your mob have a better chance of getting to that final than England do, we are shit!

If it isn't clear by now that someone somewhere is giving Messi a dozen times the praise he actually deserves... he just got ... the frikkin.. golden ball. I could think of an entire team of footballers who are more deserving of that trophy. I'm speechless. Not wasting any more words on that shit. I curse you, fifa.

I love Messi but he definitely doesn't deserve that.

He was very disappointing in the last couple of knockout games especially. Against Switzerland he did everything and the only way Argentina would get through is if he did the donkey work, but against Holland and Germany he was largely anonymous. The think that probably disappointed me the most was that he didnt even attempt to track back and help the team defensively (even if he wasnt asked to tactically) and that he clearly didnt trust his team mates because there were so many times that he neglected a simple pass and tried to take the ball on himself. It showed at the end though that some of the Argies themselves had an inferiority complex around him because Biglia was 20-22 yards out with a sight of goal and instead of trying his luck he attempts an awful to Messi that would have been harder to play that taking on the shot itself. The freekick at the end was shocking too.

Im surprised by the Kroos comments too because he is much of nothing to me. He keeps the ball ticking over well enough but he didnt really add too many moments of quality or control the game. Schwiensteiger did a lot of his dirty work too and he was very impressive all night. When I have seen Bayern this season, Kroos has never really stepped up to the plate and I dont think they will miss him that much.

Im surprised by the Kroos comments too because he is much of nothing to me. He keeps the ball ticking over well enough but he didnt really add too many moments of quality or control the game. Schwiensteiger did a lot of his dirty work too and he was very impressive all night. When I have seen Bayern this season, Kroos has never really stepped up to the plate and I dont think they will miss him that much.

It's not even far fetched to suggest Kroos is the most complete midfielder there is in Europe right now. He can do everything and was a major player in everything Germany did.

It's not even far fetched to suggest Kroos is the most complete midfielder there is in Europe right now. He can do everything and was a major player in everything Germany did.

He was the most accurate passer of the whole tournament making 544 completed passes. He dictated the pace of the game throughout the tournament. He's a very very special player and only 24 years old.

I dont deny that his stats are excellent and he is clearly a very good player but if you gave me a choice of Schweinsteiger or Kroos I would choose the former every time. Without Schweinsteiger I think Germany would have lost that match, the man was everywhere making those important tackles, leading the team and also getting involved further forward. He might not be as much of a threat as Kroos but I found that Kroos was actually a little wasteful at times, taking on easier passes for example and he had a couple of great opportunities that he scuffed. It might just be that I expect more from him given the level of ability that is there.

Its also interesting that you say he dictated the pace of the game because it was a criticism of Germany in the final and in the earlier matches that they were playing a little too slowly and they needed to speed up the play.

Edited by Bailey

Is anyone else absolutely torn up inside that the World Cup is over? I know that there are some English cynics here who don't love international football (for fair reasons given England's history), but for me, the WC surpasses any other football competition on the planet.

This is the best WC I have witnessed and tbh I didnt care that England went out early. In fact it probably made it better!

I dont deny that his stats are excellent and he is clearly a very good player but if you gave me a choice of Schweinsteiger or Kroos I would choose the former every time. Without Schweinsteiger I think Germany would have lost that match, the man was everywhere making those important tackles, leading the team and also getting involved further forward. He might not be as much of a threat as Kroos but I found that Kroos was actually a little wasteful at times, taking on easier passes for example and he had a couple of great opportunities that he scuffed. It might just be that I expect more from him given the level of ability that is there.

Its also interesting that you say he dictated the pace of the game because it was a criticism of Germany in the final and in the earlier matches that they were playing a little too slowly and they needed to speed up the play.

He doesn't deserve any criticism at all for me. He has showed over the past couple of seasons he's the calibre of player that would get in any team in Europe. Whilst in good sides he's been at the centre of pretty much everything those sides have done. He's a winner an for me probably the next best midfielder in the world.