IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

For not being exceptional in any one area, Thomas Mueller is such a good player. Probably the best striker/second striker in the game.

I'm not even going to start on Neuer.

I was raving about Muller before WC 2010. Amazed hes never linked with a move to La Liga or EPL

Said to Josh at the end of that it'll be a game he'll be telling his grandkids about in fifty years time; then I'll waddle into the room (at 104) and he'll have to tell me about it as well because I'll have forgotten :P.

I missed the first 35 minutes!!!

So I just rolled back into my house here. It's 11pm and let me tell you about this crazy night I had. It started out as a very normal afternoon on my friends porch around 2pm. We were getting excited about watching the upcoming WC semi-final, scheduled for 4pm our time (here in the USA). We were sipping beers casually, they way organized adults do. Small talk with the occasional imprecations, belches, and chortles. But then my friend unveiled a few hidden secrets from his cupboard. First up: shots of Absinthe, which is a mild hallucinogenic. "Sure, I'm fine with that" I thought to myself, but I won't do much beyond this. I'll just stick to beer and absinthe. Well, the absinthe was warm and smooth, they way I envision Brazilian female beach volleyball player's thighs. So I sit there in my warmth, just smiling and dreaming of cappuccino skin. And we continue on with our chat. But then my friend says to me, "hey, you ever smoke crack?" And I'm like "no way, never." But he's like, "take a hit, it'll be fine." So I do. And now with the beers and absinthe and crack, I'm a bit out of my orbit. The type of disorientation where you feel like cartoon images on food-packaging labels will start to talk to you (e.g., Captain Crunch or the homosexual rabbit from Trix will regale you with a boring story about getting lost in Detroit). Anyways, it seems that we eventually make our way to a pub to watch the match, but at this point I'm rolling pretty hard. Dangling by a string, to be truthful. And we are in a group gathered around a large 55" flat screen Samsung, and the beers keep flowing, and there are lots of strangers around us. What seems like about 2 hours later--maybe it was just 47 seconds, who knows--we are still gathered around the screen. There is lots of shouting and cheering. Just at that moment my friend comes up to me and says, "hey, you ever do PCP?" And I'm like "What?!...WTF are you talking about?!" And he's like, "just try some, it'll be fine" And because I wasn't raised up properly with a strong father figure, I am weak and impressionable. I fold like a cheap lawn chair. PCP is now in my system. And about 14 minutes later I'm thinking "WOW, PCP is good" and I'm fairly certain I said that out loud despite being in a pub watching the world cup semi-finals and despite the fact that lightning bolts and gerbils were shooting out from my pant cuffs. I tried to tell the waitress that I needed another beer. But eventually I start to feel okay, despite the beer, absinthe, crack, and PCP in my system. That was because I was riding a unicorn along the beach in Rio. And every time I said "Maracana" as loud as I could, as I pumped my fist in the air from atop my galloping unicorn, the unicorn would fart a rainbow. Not sure how the rest of the evening played out after that.

But in any case, I'm home now and after drinking 9 pints of beer, 3 shots of absinthe, 4 hits of crack, and 6 hits of PCP, I have this hilarious notion that Brazil lost to Germany 7 to 1. Ha! Yeah right! Must have been the drugs. I'll check the real score tomorrow.

It was more about Brazil being poor (bordering on useless) than Germany being good. What's Hulk all about? He wouldn't get a game at Tranmere Rovers. The Germans don't do themselves any favours with their 'diving'. Muller spends more time on his back than on his feet.