IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Just watching the highlights 'cause I missed the games earlier; what happened to the Nigerian 'keeper for Messi's second? He was going in the right direction and it was at a comfortable height, gentlest of dives and he'd have saved it surely :huh:. Just seemed to give up on it.

Exactly what I thought. But I sort of talked myself out of it and thought maybe it was just a brilliant free kick.

But.. It does look suspiciously like an easy save.

Guest blueboy122

He scored 2 goals, good for him. I like Messi, but I'm starting to get absolutely sick from people calling him the best player in the world all the time. By far even, according to many. He is a great footballer, but he's not the best. He's very efficient though. The best footballer today is Ronaldo by a margin. He has the skill of Ibrahimovic, the speed and efficiency of Messi and he can dribble like no other. Plus he's pretty much always wants to deliver a good performance, he has very little off days. Then you get players like Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Messi and Suarez. There's no excuse. Messi is great, but he's not what everyone says he is. I'n not bothered by the gel in his hair, the fashion he wears or any of that nonsense, Ronaldo is a fantastic footballer.

Agree with all you have said to be honest. I don't understand personally how people rate Messi over Ronaldo. Ronaldo has everything and more compared to Messi. Messi is a brilliant player no doubt but for me I think the people that think Messi is better must have something personal against Ronaldo as I've said before Ronaldo is like a better, bigger, more athletic, powerful version of Messi.

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has suspended Sulley Ali Muntari and Kevin Prince Boateng indefinitely, meaning the pair are out of the decisive game against Portugal on Thursday.

from the BBC site - Whats that all about?

Suarez won't be able to play until Liverpool visit Newcastle United on November 1st

so... ban effectively starts July 1st, meaning 6 weeks of preseason missed (when he was likely on holiday anyway). Well done, Fifa. Well done....