IGNORED

World Cup...

Guest Nikica

Regarding the World Cup as a whole, any team still in it can win it. But only one will. So Who do you think will win it using your head? and who will you support using your heart (until they get knocked out obviously)

I have decided that I want Kevin Mirallas to have a winners medal to show off to the lads with, so I will (from this day onwards) support Belgium in the world cup)

I do think that Argentina will win the competition though.

Final four will be no surprise: Brazil, Netherlands, Argentina, Germany.

I have a friendly bet with a friend of mine between who will advance further between the US & Mexico (We made the bet before the groups came out) so I was rooting against Mexico and their fans here in LA, but what a tough way to lose. They lost to goals off a rebound and a soft penalty.

I will be rooting for the US & Brazil until they are gone (which may be soon they way they are playing)

And the Germans are a pretty scary squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take it

I'd like to see a European team win it purely because it's never happened before in South America (or north for that matter). Belgium would be my first choice purely for the Mirallas connection; but Holland (who deserve to break their duck one year, best national side never to have won it surely?) and Germany are obviously the more likely candidates. Greece doing a "Euro 2004" would be brilliant because I've got a lot of friends there but that's cloud cuckoo land (but it was cloud cuckoo land in 2004 as well :)).

If it's a South American team I'd like it to be Columbia; would make a change.

Stuck money on Costa Rica, and Campbell first goal. Boring game so far. Greece park the bus.

navas is becoming a world beater. that save was insane.

Yup, you're lucky your bet's still on Haf, nine times out of ten that was a goal. Greece driving the bus up the pitch a bit now.

arjen robben the flopping fish diver. first flop was indeed a flop, he tripped, got halfway up and dove on the ground. ref looked and didn't give him anything (should have carded him for simulation). second time he actually got fouled but the ref didn't give the call (now he and the ref are even). last one was so little contact and he did a swan dive like he was an olympian swimmer. maybe his punishment for being such a cheat is the fact God made him look like a retired 59 year old man at age 29.

can't stand the man, don't care if he's talented.