IGNORED

Better or worse than you expected?

I was trying to find the thread from last August where we predicted how Everton would do this season, but it seems only threads from the previous few months are available. Anyway, I seem to remember that I predicted sixth place, so we did better than I had thought. It was a good year.

Did you mean this one?

Cool stuff, I guessed 4th or 5th and was spot on. We get 5th but were battling for 4th most of the way.

I think the real tough one is predicting next year. We have Europa, Roberto's second year, more new signings, and more youngsters. But also a united team that will spend spend spend and spurs team that could come together with a new manager. Should be another fascinating year.

Personally I think we are nailed on for 5th. We're better than United and Spurs IMO. Kopites have Suarez and theres the difference.

Credit where credit is due. You nailed it!

I really don't. Cant see that working for us. And everyones hyping too much about Barkley too. I like him, I really do, but I cant see him making a massive impact at Goodison Park ever. And even if he did, there is way too much pressure on him this season for everybody, inside and outside the club.

Still smiling at this one - sorry! :rofl:

I only joined in January so I only got chance to make a prediction when we were already doing well. If I'd predicted in August I would probably have said 6th or 7th with a new manager / new system. So it's better than I expected, but at the same time I'm not at all surprised because Roberto is a real football scholar - everyone who's ever played for him, with him, coached under him, been a pundit with him, all say the same thing. He lives and breathes football and is vastly knowledgeable, not to mention a fucking Jedi of positivity! Haha :)

Although I'd still like to see us add another central midfielder (two if Fellaini is sold) I think we have three 'extra' bodies in Barkley, Oviedo and Stones. They hardly featured (not at all in the case of Stones) last season but in pre-season and international action they look very capable of stepping in when needed and I think we'll see more of them this season under Martinez.

I think we'll finish somewhere between 8th and 4th depending on how quickly everything gels, and I'll be hoping we have a good cup run too.

Quite pleased with that as a prediction :)

Guest rusty747

Better but I am also a little frustrated as we could and should have done even better. If you look at the first 3 games which we drew and the home defeats to Palace and Sunderland that is 12 points thrown away. Look where we would have been then.

I think we are missing a bit of steel and belief which all winners have and can rely on. We are still a bit too nice for my liking.

A lot better. I did have some serious concerns at the beginning of the season but the style of play and positivity after the dealings in the transfer window has been immense.

4th was just a little too far this time but I feel very excited about the potential for next season.