IGNORED

Van Gaal

Aw well. Not that we didn't see it coming.

Think the players will be in for a laugh, he makes players work HARDER than Moyes ever did and all those who are know 'bad eggs' won't last two minutes. The irony of some of the United players outing the manager, will be left without the club when he gets in.

"He won two Spanish league titles with Barcelona, but failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup with the Netherlands.

Van Gaal returned to Barca, but left the Catalans only three points above the relegation zone in La Liga when he was dismissed after half a season."

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/spain/primera-liga/2002-2003/table/2003-01-26

Let's hope he enjoys similar success at United :).

Ha ha, let's hope eh. I'll be honest, to me he was always just a part of the mega money manager merry go round circuit with ancelotti, Capello, hiddink, lippi, and in all honesty the gigs they get it's difficult not to look good.

Rooney will fall out with him, guaranteed.

Guest blueboy122

I see Yaya Toure maybe leaving City. His agent has been talking about............Liverpool

I don't know what I would do if Liverpool got Yaya.

Toure and Suarez in the same team.... We would have to look forward to Premier League domination for a couple of years as they would win it at a canter.

I see Yaya Toure maybe leaving City. His agent has been talking about............Liverpool

Toure and Suarez in the same team.... We would have to look forward to Premier League domination for a couple of years as they would win it at a canter.

There's only one place he'll go if he leaves - back to Barca.

Thats terrifying! Also, I really like Yaya and dont want him to be associated with that lot!

Never in 1,000,000 years would Yaya Toure go to Liverpool - wage demands are ridiculous.

Wage demands for Liverpool have never been an issue though:

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/liverpool-players-salary-list-2014/

He's on 250k a week at City. Liverpool cannot operate in that bracket.

Depending on where you look, hes on 200-240k. Suarez is on 200-220k.

Liverpool can operate in that bracket, and with CL football coming up, they will be able to increase. Especially if they offload some of their expensive, non-playing players.

Think Van Gaal will end up being a terrible appointment for United, they may well have 200M to spend but as shown by Spurs those players brought in will need time to gel. If they don't hit their minimum requirement then he'll be fired and they'll continue the carousel.

Plus the situation with teachers pet and Rooney will be interesting. They've really shot themselves in the foot with that 300k contract :)

Depending on where you look, hes on 200-240k. Suarez is on 200-220k.

Liverpool can operate in that bracket, and with CL football coming up, they will be able to increase. Especially if they offload some of their expensive, non-playing players.

I don't think they'll be able to have two players on 200k a week. It wasn't long ago when they had to sell to buy.

I don't think they'll be able to have two players on 200k a week. It wasn't long ago when they had to sell to buy.

with CL football they will be looking to improve the sponsorship contracts, plus they can bank against the projected income from the stadium development (should it go ahead). Plus, if they get rid of deadwood like the other Toure (75k), Spearing (55k?!), Johnson (85k) etc, they can free up wages easily. Then look at Gerrards wages (140k) off the books in 3 years time and project that into your current budget....

Im not saying its likely to happen, just saying financially it would be possible.

Wasn't Spearing sold to Bolton in the summer? I know he was on loan there but I could've sworn it was made permanent.

Good point. I was just making the point that they have a lot of wasted wages on their books and went off the one site rather than researching (currently in a meeting ;) )