IGNORED

Opener - Leicester

Finn balor

Stones was covering inside because thats where the threat was before Jags touched it onto Wood. Coleman was much further up the pitch otherwise he should have been marking Wood. I dont see how the goal would be as a result of 3 at the back either. Stones had to come inside, the fault lies on the left hand side of the pitch who allowed the initial run.

Stop talking bubbles we had 3 at the back. The threat was woods.... He scored

Given this was away to a newly promoted team, and given we have several key players out, and given we have some players not at full fitness because of the WC, this was a solid result. Yes, we were ahead, and it's always disappointing to lose after being ahead, but it's still a solid result. Before the game, we would have taken a 2-2 draw.

Spot on. Always think the newly promoted teams are really tough in the early part of the season.

Tried streaming this game but they all pissed me off. So did it the old skool way...Toffeetalk, BBC app and sky sports on TV!!!

Seems like a proper game of 2 halves. Looking at the stats, and what you boys say, did we actually create in the 2nd half?! Shame we had some quality on the bench that wasn't used sooner.

Doesn't feel like 2 points dropped for me, just a typical opening game for us.

Spot on. Always think the newly promoted teams are really tough in the early part of the season.

Tried streaming this game but they all pissed me off. So did it the old skool way...Toffeetalk, BBC app and sky sports on TV!!!

Seems like a proper game of 2 halves. Looking at the stats, and what you boys say, did we actually create in the 2nd half?! Shame we had some quality on the bench that wasn't used sooner.

Doesn't feel like 2 points dropped for me, just a typical opening game for us.

Jesus wept :/

Maybe I'm being harsh on lukaku but ffs, players were pushing up, they countered. There is risk/reward it was daft

It's all very well saying how many players were behind him, it was a stupid decision! We keep the ball they can't score.

I'm aware enough of the responsibility of forward play, that was fuckin daft at that stage of the game. Hold it up, give and go, play it wide.... The man was touch tight and he heeled it.

Too many people look at things like "defender could have cleared it... Such and such could have tackled". It started with that and was needless.

I thought he did a lot of donkey work tbh and was probably the most consistent throughout the 90 minutes. He was the one picking the ball up early, he was the one starting our moves and he was also the one doing the dirty work defensively when we lost the ball.

I agree about Baines & Pienaar, especially the former. I thought the latter was very good but had no end product.

Just thought he was a bit late most of the time.

Maybe I'm being harsh on lukaku but ffs, players were pushing up, they countered. There is risk/reward it was daft

It's all very well saying how many players were behind him, it was a stupid decision! We keep the ball they can't score.

I'm aware enough of the responsibility of forward play, that was fuckin daft at that stage of the game. Hold it up, give and go, play it wide.... The man was touch tight and he heeled it.

Too many people look at things like "defender could have cleared it... Such and such could have tackled". It started with that and was needless.

We won the ball back though HAF. Mirallas gave the ball away!

You must really have had a blackout. Too me that goal was caused by Baines giving it away in minute 23.

I think we should have reinforced the midfield earlier. Taken off Lukaku for Besic or something.

Yeh we needed to do something to make the ball stick better up front.

Stop talking bubbles we had 3 at the back. The threat was woods.... He scored

Because of how the ball broke! FFS... The ball takes a big deflection and the guy IN THE MIDDLE is through so Jags puts in a last ditch challenge and Stones comes inside to cover, Jags makes a great tackle and the ball just breaks to Woods. If Jags doesnt make the block, Stones might of and if he had you would be praising him for a great block and reading the game so well. It was just the rub of the green that meant the ball broke to the free Leicester player. If Stones had been marking him and not come inside and they scored from the first shot we would have been questioning his positional sense and his reading of the game.

3 at the back, 4 at the back, 10 at the back it would have made fuck all difference at that phase of the play.

Worst thing about it is we won the ball back after the back heel. Mirallas gave it away!

That's irrelevant, butterfly effect or whatever, it was a momentum changer, players flapping like fuck. Anyway, I'm out. Pissed off, lethargic second. Martinez wants a fuckin rocket for that.

Yeh we needed to do something to make the ball stick better up front.

Because of how the ball broke! FFS... The ball takes a big deflection and the guy IN THE MIDDLE is through so Jags puts in a last ditch challenge and Stones comes inside to cover, Jags makes a great tackle and the ball just breaks to Woods. If Jags doesnt make the block, Stones might of and if he had you would be praising him for a great block and reading the game so well. It was just the rub of the green that meant the ball broke to the free Leicester player. If Stones had been marking him and not come inside and they scored from the first shot we would have been questioning his positional sense and his reading of the game.

3 at the back, 4 at the back, 10 at the back it would have made fuck all difference at that phase of the play.

You said we didn't have 3 at the back. When Coleman came on Stones, Jagielka and Distin played as a 3. Baines Coleman pushing on! If we had a flat four that goal would not have gone in!

That's irrelevant, butterfly effect or whatever, it was a momentum changer, players flapping like fuck. Anyway, I'm out. Pissed off, lethargic second. Martinez wants a fuckin rocket for that.

We looked more robust before the changes. Change of shape cost us for me!

Ironically I thought McGeady was one of the worst! We must be watching different games... as usual!

Yes, Mcgeady scored a beauty! For that alone he gets a +

Let me guess you have Jelavic man of the match

Edited by MiguelCotto

You said we didn't have 3 at the back. When Coleman came on Stones, Jagielka and Distin played as a 3. Baines Coleman pushing on! If we had a flat four that goal would not have gone in!

You are aware that a RB can come inside to narrow down the space? When you are defending you play 5 across the back so Baines and Coleman would have also been as deep as the 3 CB's. As I have said, the goal was not down to the system in any way shape or form.

You are aware that a RB can come inside to narrow down the space? When you are defending you play 5 across the back so Baines and Coleman would have also been as deep as the 3 CB's. As I have said, the goal was not down to the system in any way shape or form.

3 at the back when Coleman came on. The end.

So disappointed with how we played in the second half. It was terrible and we got what we deserved. Defensively we do not look up to it and it's going to cost us many goals this season. I'd say I hope it gets sorted out but it was no different to last season, so we'll have to hope we get lucky and the opposition miss chances we gift to them or that we can score more than them.

I also think Bobby dropped the ball big time in regards to substitutions. Not really in terms of who he brought on or off, but when he made the subs - he left them far too late. It was clear from about the 65th minute that we needed to make changes because we just weren't on it and needed something different to spark us into life.

Thanks for verifying it.

Stones, jags, Distin all in line.

Coleman, Barry, Baines all in line.

You don't even have to press play it's the still shot that shows what we where playing!

Are you retarded? Baines had just pressed the winger hence why he was further up the pitch? Coleman was AHEAD and INLINE with Stones and would have been in a 4 had Mirallas been in position.

I seriously give up with you. Absolute WUM.

Are you retarded? Baines had just pressed the winger hence why he was further up the pitch? Coleman was AHEAD and INLINE with Stones and would have been in a 4 had Mirallas been in position.

I seriously give up with you. Absolute WUM.

Your video confirmed it mate. As I say.... Don't even have to press play! You retard.