IGNORED

CL via Top 4 or Europa

RuffRob

I could have said "Whoever plays, they're younger than I am." (HE is playing.)

But I said "Who(m)ever he plays...." So it's the object. (Martinez is playing HIM.)

If I'm wrong again, I'm doubly ashamed.

Toffee Lady in emeritus.

Wundt wury bout it mert

To equal our points total of last season we need another fifty-four points. That's just over 2.3 points per game so, for example, win seventeen, draw three, lose three. Not going to happen.

That said, if United continue their streak of form and the top three pull away (or even if just the top two go well clear) then there's every chance that fourth can be got with relatively few points, similar to how we got it in 04/05 with sixty-one. That total would "just" need a 1.86 points a game average, or W13, D4 L6 for example.

Either way we need to start a run of form now and hope that everyone else keeps tripping over each other.

Personally think it's out of reach and we'll do well to get seventh.

Yeah I took a quick glance at the table before I posted what I said but thanks for doing all the math. Still not impossible (oh no, not another American being very optimistic :P) but you nailed it right on the head. We need to start NOW, like thrash QPR and get everyone playing good football NOW.

To equal our points total of last season we need another fifty-four points. That's just over 2.3 points per game so, for example, win seventeen, draw three, lose three. Not going to happen.

That said, if United continue their streak of form and the top three pull away (or even if just the top two go well clear) then there's every chance that fourth can be got with relatively few points, similar to how we got it in 04/05 with sixty-one. That total would "just" need a 1.86 points a game average, or W13, D4 L6 for example.

Either way we need to start a run of form now and hope that everyone else keeps tripping over each other.

Personally think it's out of reach and we'll do well to get seventh.

from the 14th December last year, we went on to collect another 44 points (w13, d2, l7). Turn 3 of those losses to a win and 1 of them to a draw and you're there ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Grim that people are thinkin like this but can't blame them really..half way through the season and struggling to think of a good game

There was the home game against Chelsea when we put three past them! Oh, we conceded 6 and actually lost. Wait, we went two up against Arsenal... oh yeah, we threw that two goal lead away to draw 2-2.

As you were.