IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Never a pen, I don't understand why he never got a yellow for it.

Exactly what me and Josh were saying watching it...has to be one or the other. I'd like to see chucking yourself down in the penalty area punished with a red personally....or maybe a penalty at the other end? That'd soon stop itshaking fist.png .

Exactly what me and Josh were saying watching it...has to be one or the other. I'd like to see chucking yourself down in the penalty area punished with a red personally....or maybe a penalty at the other end? That'd soon stop itshaking%20fist.png .

There was mentions of an independent committee to deal with diving after Ivanovic. I think that would be the best route, give anyone caught diving or trying to con the ref in any other way a 3 game ban.

Guest blueboy122

That's the first time I've seen Van Persies tackle. It's a lot worse than Shelvey's in my book. The guy has both feet off the ground and a stretched out leg charging towards the ball. No way is he in control, nor could he avert from collision had an ankle been there ~(imo).

Should be off.

Initially yes but he slides into the challenge with one foot. Only a sending off when both feet leave the ground going into the challenge. Not a sending off no where near, well in control of himself and that shows because he gets to the ball before the Liverpool player does and there is no intent from RVP.

Can't believe people don't think shelvies was a sending off, as soon as you leave the ground with both feet going into a tackle its a red. It was a rush of blood to his head, you could see he was getting pumped up just before it after he was arguing with Ferdinand and then tried to take a quick free kick which failed. Occasion went to his head, could see it again when he tried blaming SAF when he was going off! He did get the ball but as soon as you leave the ground, you've gotta go

I'm well into my 40's so a bit rusty with the exact rules compared to those who still play, but what I will say is that any contentious fouls should come under scrutination by an official who specializes in that aspect, taking full advantage of modern technology.

In a game that has millions of pounds at stake, it isn't right that players can be sent off wrongly, as the outcome can't be changed.

It's fine referees admitting mistakes, but it's too late then. There should also be a deterrant for those players who wish to cheat, be it by feining injury, diving, handling, or assault. Once they know it will be reviewed on camera, they'll quit doing it.

Can't believe people don't think shelvies was a sending off, as soon as you leave the ground with both feet going into a tackle its a red. It was a rush of blood to his head, you could see he was getting pumped up just before it after he was arguing with Ferdinand and then tried to take a quick free kick which failed. Occasion went to his head, could see it again when he tried blaming SAF when he was going off! He did get the ball but as soon as you leave the ground, you've gotta go

By your instruction, the United player would have been sent off, as he was the one with both feet going into the tackle. I saw only one foot with Shelvey. There are enough video replays in this thread that display this.

Who cares....we had a couple of goals ruled out the other night!.....Human error, it's what makes football heatbreaking, exciting and controvertsial.If we consult every incident durng a game with a 4th official a game could last 2hrs.Goal line cameras, penalty decisions, bad tackles, whos throw is it, was it a corner, did he racialy abuse a player, was the wall the correct distance away etc, etc

Who cares....we had a couple of goals ruled out the other night!.....Human error, it's what makes football heatbreaking, exciting and controvertsial.If we consult every incident durng a game with a 4th official a game could last 2hrs.Goal line cameras, penalty decisions, bad tackles, whos throw is it, was it a corner, did he racialy abuse a player, was the wall the correct distance away etc, etc

Too easily corrupted. It's not just about the fans to be fair.

By your instruction, the United player would have been sent off, as he was the one with both feet going into the tackle. I saw only one foot with Shelvey. There are enough video replays in this thread that display this.

Watch the Van persie one again... his foot is off the ground, then when he goes into the tackle, its on the floor as he "slides" into the tackle... Shelvey jumped in and IMO was wound up and did something pretty stupid

Also, here's a brilliant twitter account which takes the best comments off RAWK and posts them, love it!

"It's over. It's Liverpool 1, Football Association 2.

This is Europe, has Mr Alex Ferguson now bought European refs too

A man like Rafa, who is at the cutting edge of football, will never be accepted by some people because they fear what they dont understand.

I wish people would stop making out that Kenny Dalglish dragged LFC down and wasted a ton of money along the way. It just isn't true.

Didn't deserve score line. And how shit was the referee..it just gets worse every fooking season [referring to a non-United game]

I see Downing as a vital cog to our top-half aspirations. A true f**king winner in my book.

top 3 of Borini, Dempsey and Suarez would be deadly, as they can play similar style to Barca top 3 players (Sanchez,Messi,Pedro)

To me, following the biblical thing, Kenny Dalglish is, and always has been, Jesus McChrist."

https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown

Fixed.

:lol: gonna have to give up on this one, as soon as i saw this i new it was a red. The one screen shot of the tackle going round is very clever too as it shows the tackle just before shelvey brings his other leg into the tackle (in the scissor movement) which was way over the ball. Nobody seems to be taking into account that it was a young lad playing in a highly emotional game. You could see it coming as he was arguing with Ferdinand before the incident and then at the pace he was charging down their defenders he was either going run straight into Evans or Dive into a tackle and he chose option B. I think its clear the adrenaline went to his head, you could see it afterwards also, he was trying to fight the world when he was coming off the pitch.

Like C said in the other thread, when you leave the ground its a Red.

And no i'm not a "Bias Blue" i was acutally watching the game with 3 kopites at the time and was saying how they were by far the better team and how Utd really dont look like title contenders. I also gave them optimism that they could eventually break out of that dreaded relegation zone..... :P But as soon as i saw the challenge i knew it was a Red, and Shelvey was stupid because he had let himself get wound up.

Guest blueboy122

laugh.png gonna have to give up on this one, as soon as i saw this i new it was a red. The one screen shot of the tackle going round is very clever too as it shows the tackle just before shelvey brings his other leg into the tackle (in the scissor movement) which was way over the ball. Nobody seems to be taking into account that it was a young lad playing in a highly emotional game. You could see it coming as he was arguing with Ferdinand before the incident and then at the pace he was charging down their defenders he was either going run straight into Evans or Dive into a tackle and he chose option B. I think its clear the adrenaline went to his head, you could see it afterwards also, he was trying to fight the world when he was coming off the pitch.

Like C said in the other thread, when you leave the ground its a Red.

And no i'm not a "Bias Blue" i was acutally watching the game with 3 kopites at the time and was saying how they were by far the better team and how Utd really dont look like title contenders. I also gave them optimism that they could eventually break out of that dreaded relegation zone..... tongue.png But as soon as i saw the challenge i knew it was a Red, and Shelvey was stupid because he had let himself get wound up.

Completely agree regarding the challenges.

What a bellend!

Has anyone noticed the amount of times the new S*n advert has been on? It's cropping up all over the place. I think they're worried that the whole Hillsborough "Truth"...has really shit on their image in the public domain.

Which is good. I hope their reputation has been smeared. But just seeing how hard they're trying to rectify that, is quite laughable.

Kelvin MacKenzie wants an apologyhuh.png .

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eyside-19727779

Cameron in his speech put all the blame on the Yorkshire police, choosing his words wisely to avoid any connotation the government had in the whole affair. Pissed me off.

On Mackenzie, to borrow Pete Price's favourite word, flabbergasted but not surprised. It's disgusting how they're all passing on the blame and not admitting their part, disgrace of a nation.

Against Leeds the other night (we didn't deserve to win) Anichebe was climbed all over by a Leeds defender, probably the worst piece of penalty area wrestling since Carrigher tride to pull Lescott out of the ground.......two blatent penalties, they happen every day in football........poor liverpool, why oh why can't we all just agree to give them exactly what they want!