IGNORED

Europa League Watch

Read back, I said Henderson was.

I think the exact opposite about Henderson's reaction. He wanted it.

The designated penalty-taker is just that: designated. It doesn't matter if Gerrard has taken a million penalties. He wasn't on the pitch; he had nothing to do with that situation.

That's my point. Ballotelli started on the bench, he's not gonna get the penno nod. It's not like on 60 minutes Rodgers shouts "oi Jordan, you're off duty now"

Ballotelli has missed 2 out of 31. Henderson missed 1 out of 1. It takes the piss that people are trying to create on this, ballotelli knows his onions.

It's not like Gerrard was standing there with the ball in his hands or Baines. It was a 24 year old kid being far too obsessed about "being ahead of skyrtel for the armband".

I think it's hilarious. He's an honest player but ffs he's got delusions of grandeur. Bet he was a right twat at school - one of those beauts who the p.e teacher loved, had an armband back then.

Saw him at the open in 2012, big lad but honestly the dopiest looking thing I've seen. Makes gabby agbonlahor look clever.

Edited by Hafnia

It's normally me that puts the curse on so at least I'm innocent this time,

Still, if it stays at 1-0 (touches wood) that's not a lot to take to Turkey. Spurs in real trouble with the away goal conceded.

My bad, and I agree mike. 1-0 isn't much and turkey the fans are crazy, throwing batteries and such at the players, it could really shake up all the Liverpool pretty boys. Spurs should be fine if they play their best 11 but part of me thinks pottchetino is throwing it so he can get top 4 in the league. That lineup was too weak centre back and forward wise. For a home match I just don't know why he would do that unless he doesn't care about Europa.

He'll say that now he's p*ssing off.

I thought Gerrard was out of order if i'm honest - he's the captain of the club but is on TV airing his opinion on team matters "from a distance" - that was for the dressing room.

Even in our penno situation with Mirallas the team had a unitity when asked questions. Conflict of interests me thinks.

Bookies have this as a ten way contest at the moment.

Napoli, Wolfsburg, Liverpool, Zenit, Villarreal, Sevilla, Roma and Inter plus us and the winner of the Spurs/Fiorentina tie.

Like to avoid any of those in the last sixteen if at all possible (I know I'm tempting fate but I don't think even Everton are capable of throwing away a 4-1 lead in the home leg v YB).

Much more interesting than the two horse race (four at most) that is the Champions League :D.

Exactly, Jags says nothing he's a shit bag, Henderson as captain steps up and says something he's a jumped up prick :rofl:

Evertons fans double standards astonish me at times.

I thought baines handled it well but jags and barry should have stepped in. Henderson was a mug of a captain.

Exactly, Jags says nothing he's a shit bag, Henderson as captain steps up and says something he's a jumped up prick :rofl:

Evertons fans double standards astonish me at times.

Big difference! The penno taker shouldn't have been up for debate with us and jags was 50 yards away, it was over in seconds before jags knew it was an issue.

Ballotelli is number 2 penno taker, Henderson is a jumped up prick playing the big man. If Gerrard was on the pitch Mario would have been out of order.

Sturrudge can fuck off with his attitude, didn't he wants the ball off Gerrard in the derby.

Mario is the bad boy and scapegoat and that's it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't want to worry anyone but just realised that a place in next season's Europa isn't dead quite yet. The three "fair play" places go to the three leagues highest in UEFA's fair place table (England currently third). If England finish in the top three the place will go to the highest placed team in the FA's fair play league not qualified for Europe by other means.

We're currently sixth marginally behind West Ham, Burnley, Liverpool, City and Southampton; if we behave nice for the rest of the season it could just happen! Be an early start to the season playing the first qualifying round on July 2nd.

On the bright side it's not compulsory to accept the place; in the unlikely event of us being offered it I'd most certainly say no-thanks this time.

No no and NO.

Would be a disaster in my eyes players will be knackered by Feb and look what it's done to us this season.

I want to see us playing in the league with no distactions from Europa to see where we really are at with Martinez in charge.

I know there was a big split in opinion as to whether Europa would adversely affect us, it clearly has whether it be tiredness, mental or physical and whether the mix in styles has impacted on the players.

I'm sure some learnings have been taken and we should be better for it. I feel Martinez has used it as an excuse which is piss poor of him.

League position next year will be massive in terms of revenue. Surely we should be able to secure funds for a new stadium... Another debate.

Sorry, we were shit before, during and after the Europa League. So I'm not having that as an excuse.

Even if we hadn't been in the EL this season we'd have had a poor season because the football has just been turgid. The EL isn't to blame for that.

Ironically, it's been our highlights for the season (if anything).

• 2 weeks later...

Said from the beginning Napoli and still think they'll win it.

I put a forecast bet on at the beginning or near enough of each competition Napoli for the Europa Barca for the CL and Arsenal for the FA cup so I hope your right :)

I've got a feeling Sevilla might just do it again though

• 3 weeks later...

Sevilla up 2-0 away, that's 5-0 agg, they're through to the finals, good for them.

Dnipro up 1-0 on Napoli, that's 2-1 agg. Very surprised they are beating Napoli, but the italians have a CL place in the league to fight for as well, so maybe they are stretched thin, or maybe the Ukrainians are that good.

Edited by markjazzbassist