IGNORED

James McCarthy

"Linked". So you're basing your case on press speculation rather than anything concrete. Seems reasonable, the press are invariably right :huh:.

Yes, how else would we know who's chasing our players? The club don't speak about it!

Let's put it a other way.... "If McCarthy was so good there would be a queue of big clubs chasing him" oh wait

Yes, how else would we know who's chasing our players? The club don't speak about it!

Let's put it a other way.... "If McCarthy was so good there would be a queue of big clubs chasing him" oh wait

I'll just nip across and change the name of the "Rumourama" section to "These are the facts about upcoming possible transfers" then. Makes life a lot simpler.

Haven't noticed the queue of top clubs trying to sign him.

That's probably because you don't work for the club and are not privy to that information

The likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Dortmund and Atletico have all been linked recently and Im pretty certain there would be no shortage of offers if he became available

If you two are correct in your assessment that he is average then there isn't anything down for the rest of the squad

Just another thought; this thread actually exists because of interest in McCarthy from ManU, Arsenal and Spurs being reported in the press (so of course it has to be true).

BOOM! Game over let's let it rest now.

At what point is any of that post boom? If anything it's goes in my favour. Yes, McCarthy has been linked with those mentioned (not once said he hasn't - see "oh wait") and Mirallas too has been linked to those I mention!

The original post by Makis was "Havent noticed a queue of top clubs trying to sign him" well funnily enough there's been plenty of speculation regarding his future from big clubs in recent weeks. Liverpool, Dortmund, Atletico.

Mike, however is trying to counter that by saying it's only paper talk.... the problem with that is he has no idea if it's just papertalk or not because he doesn't have direct access to the fax machine/emails at Goodison nor does he have access to the managers office in Dortmund, Atletico or Anfield

So there is no boom his argument is null.

Edited by MC11

Simply because you mentioned that if he was rated there would be big clubs in for him....and they are?

Not really a mystery mate.

I get that you don't rate him and that's fine. But arguing points like that is not doing you any favours.

Seriously the rumours thread is full of offers and interest in him.

That's not us writing these rumours.

Hence the BOOM!

My post is based on facts mate. If they are just rumours then that far enough...but my post is based on these rumours and interest.

Basing it on what's written down in black and white.

Simply because you mentioned that if he was rated there would be big clubs in for him....and they are?

Not really a mystery mate.

I get that you don't rate him and that's fine. But arguing points like that is not doing you any favours.

Seriously the rumours thread is full of offers and interest in him.

That's not us writing these rumours.

Hence the BOOM!

My post is based on facts mate. If they are just rumours then that far enough...but my post is based on these rumours and interest.

Basing it on what's written down in black and white.

Re-read my post above. This time take note in the "oh wait". It's there for a reason.

It's not that I don't rate him! I'd have him in my first 11! However I don't rate him as the best player at the club that's the gripe, no more no less.

Edited by MC11

Guest rusty747

Stats speak for themselves. We get more points per game with him in the side than not. Over a short sample of games stats can be misleading but I am satisfied that in this case the stats dont lie. I neither know nor care who is the best player at Everton (doesn't that change anyway with different MoM winners?). I just want us to start winning games again and I think we have more chance of doing that with James in the side.

O don't rate him as the best at the club either.

Regardless to your quote mate...you know full well you have questioned interest on several occasions. And I know your not gonna ask me to quote ;-)

I think McCarthy and Mirralas ate as important as each other. Mirralas is my favourite player. But that doesn't deter from McCarthys importance.

And to be fair you have mentioned that you would have him in your starting eleven.

You just don't rate him as one of the top players in the team and I respect that.

O don't rate him as the best at the club either.

Regardless to your quote mate...you know full well you have questioned interest on several occasions. And I know your not gonna ask me to quote ;-)

I think McCarthy and Mirralas ate as important as each other. Mirralas is my favourite player. But that doesn't deter from McCarthys importance.

And to be fair you have mentioned that you would have him in your starting eleven.

You just don't rate him as one of the top players in the team and I respect that.

I've always questioned his value and I truly believe at this stage in his career nobody would pay more than £20m for him. You're only worth what someone else is willing to part with.

I'm actually giving this subject a break it's been going on for over two weeks and whilst I've been fuel to the fire it's played right in to Hafnia's hands. If I keep stum I'm sure he'll go back to Lukaku bashing.

I truely believe if I hadn't have bigged Mirallas up so much and if he didn't have such a stormer away at WH the penalty thing wouldnt have caused so many stupid knee jerk posts. Calling for him to be sold etc. it really got under people's skin that he dragged us through that WH game and I big him up all the time.

Edited by MC11

I do agree the penalty thing has been blown sky high. To me I think he was probably trying to do the senior thing and step up...it just went wrong. Bit for the right reasons.

I even have a feeling he might step up bow to show the fans.

I disagree with you epping that players are only worth what others will pay.

Think we learnt our lesson with Arteta.

Players are worth what it would take to replace then.

MC, it's a supposed mature forum but all you do is praise mirallas, it's boring!!!

He does something good "I told you so", he does something shite "excuse, excuse, excuse"

Its almost worth selling him to get some balance in the threads.

You are like some one direction fan with a crush on Harry styles trying to convince people that he is an authentic musician. Tiring, it really is.

James McCarthy is a bloody good football player. Stop getting your knickers in a twist if people see him as of equal or more importance than mirallas.

If I was mirallas I would be worried about meeting you with a copy of catcher in the rye in your back pocket.

• 1 month later...

http://www.givemesport.com/558130-jamie-carragher-believes-liverpool-should-sign-james-mccarthy?autoplay=on

He's probably not far off with the type of player that Liverpool need to replace Gerrard. Yes McCarthy needs to add goals, but it appears James importance to the team has not gone unnoticed by Carragher.

I reluctantly respect Carraghers views on the game. I would be gutted to lose McCarthy to Liverpool.

http://www.givemesport.com/558130-jamie-carragher-believes-liverpool-should-sign-james-mccarthy?autoplay=on

He's probably not far off with the type of player that Liverpool need to replace Gerrard. Yes McCarthy needs to add goals, but it appears James importance to the team has not gone unnoticed by Carragher.

I reluctantly respect Carraghers views on the game. I would be gutted to lose McCarthy to Liverpool.

I don't think McCarthy is a Gerrard type far from it tbh hatred of the man aside he's a different level and has far more ability and to his game than McCarthy will ever have in my eyes

He's a great young player but he's more of a Mascherano type I think Henderson is on the right path to partly filling the void he's left/leaving

I don't think McCarthy is a Gerrard type far from it tbh hatred of the man aside he's a different level and has far more ability and to his game than McCarthy will ever have in my eyes

He's a great young player but he's more of a Mascherano type I think Henderson is on the right path to partly filling the void he's left/leaving

I think Henderson is massively overrated - massively. He's doing a great job of playing teachers pet at the moment but we seen how limited he is on Sunday. He comes out with the odd assist or goal and it makes a massive impact. He's a solid player, never a first 11 player for a top 4 team.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts.

Agreed. Gerard would need a few more seasons to match McCarthey's abilities.

Ha if only mate

I'm a big fan of McCarthy he's the type of player that can do alot in a game and easily go unnoticed he's a great little player

I'd say Besic could possibly have the tools to be that kind of player given time and the opportunity