IGNORED

Has Danny Donachie left the club?

Lowensda

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549271/Everton-Roberto-Martinez-Return-Basics

Everton’s head of medicinal services, Danny Donachie, left the club last week following apparent disagreements on the treatment of players.

The simple theory is McCarthy is being rushed back too soon each time because he is so influential. If he is out again, he will be missed at Hull on New Year's Day.

Can anyone confirm the Donachie rumours?

This was posted at 23.33 in the longest thread for Everton...

Anyway....(Louis :P)

I'm not surprised by this. Must be really frustrating for someone who's job it is to look after the players health and medical requirements, and someone else keeps undermining all your work.

If it is true. Its terrible.

This was posted at 23.33 in the longest thread for Everton...

Anyway....(Louis :P)

I'm not surprised by this. Must be really frustrating for someone who's job it is to look after the players health and medical requirements, and someone else keeps undermining all your work.

If it is true. Its terrible.

So who's rushing them back? Martinez or the bloke who's left. Injuries under Martinez have been very strange from the whole timescale malarkey and the recurrence. Considering he's meant to be qualified in this area he doesn't have the best record

So who's rushing them back? Martinez or the bloke who's left. Injuries under Martinez have been very strange from the whole timescale malarkey and the recurrence. Considering he's meant to be qualified in this area he doesn't have the best record

You would think it's Martinez rushing them back because the first-team and results are his priority. If it's the other way round then I'll be glad he's gone!

Here's a fantastic piece of insight into why we may be struggling.

http://saintrookwood.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/knackered/

That's a good article! It sheds light on why he's possibly left. It looks as though he's been recommending players to sit out for longer periods and either the manager or players have been going against his wishes. If that's the case you can't blame him. It takes one player getting a serious recurring injury to give him a bad name.

Here's a fantastic piece of insight into why we may be struggling.

http://saintrookwood.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/knackered/

Might be a big deal in England, but in the states coaches overrule doctors all the time and put players back to fast in all sports.

Non story for me, dude either needed to learn to communicate better ie. Over exaggerate if he was that worried about McCarthy, or pick another profession, that territory goes with the job.

Are we going to blame jimmy the kit man next for Howard's injury because his socks were shrunk in the dryer and he got hurt? It's down to RM and the players, that's it

That's a good article! It sheds light on why he's possibly left. It looks as though he's been recommending players to sit out for longer periods and either the manager or players have been going against his wishes. If that's the case you can't blame him. It takes one player getting a serious recurring injury to give him a bad name.

I thought Martinez always took longer than stated to get players back into the team?

Edited by Bailey

So Martinez was giving lengthy prognosis to different injuries and then taking longer to get them back playing and now that's his fault too?

The man can't win... Unfortunately that's literally at the moment too!

Martinez spoke in codes about injuries.... It was always a "soft tissue injury" he'd actually claim someone would be back earlier than they were. In simple terms he talked far too much about injuries his timing was very rarely right. He should have just kept things simple like every other manager. They'll be back when they're back!

I think with him being a physiotherapists it's a conflict of interest. Donacchie "maybe" felt Martinez was getting too involved and over ruling him.

If you think that Martinez is in the treatment room with each player assessing them himself that you are delusional. Martinez will be going on the advice of his physio team when he comes up with any of the time frames. The way he benefits is that he actually understands exactly what the team is saying unlike most managers.

He was answering questions about injuries, he gives a prognosis based on the opinions he has been given.

Maybe this bloke left for completely unrelated reasons?

I'm also not to convinced by the article in terms of its mention about the previous regime and Hamstring injuries because Mirallas has always had problems, Rodwell always suffered from then, Vic had niggles in this area along with a few others I am sure.

The most interesting aspect of that article is probably to do with the fitness coach leaving in the summer. I think a lot of the sharpness factor is mental (for example I have never seen us play at the same intensity as we did against Chelsea) and against Hull Baines and Naismith covered every blade of grass.

“There have been two big changes with James this season, one is the amount of international football he’s played, and that has brought extra work [McCarthy has played once for Ireland this season, against Georgia in September].

:rofl: Martinez can talk some real shite sometimes...

“There have been two big changes with James this season, one is the amount of international football he’s played, and that has brought extra work [McCarthy has played once for Ireland this season, against Georgia in September].

:rofl: Martinez can talk some real shite sometimes...

I'm assuming he also means training with them when he would normally be on international break, but I'd also assume he'd be training with Everton at that time?

I'm assuming he also means training with them when he would normally be on international break, but I'd also assume he'd be training with Everton at that time?

Exactly. 1 additional game is not a reason, the training and travel won't vary significantly nor would it have a significant impact unless that 1 game was in Australia.