IGNORED

Man City

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

We will get beat by three or four and Barry will start and be crap again. Barkley will play left wing badly again and in the post match interview Martinez will talk about the phenomenal effort and how we were unlucky but now have 17 games to make our season a wonderful success.

Predictable bullshit from a man I like but from a manager I am losing respect for.

Edited by rusty747

Robles

Coleman stones jags Baines

Besic barkley

lukaku Naisy Mirallas

kone

Robles

Jags stones barry

Coleman besic barkley Baines

Lukaku naisy mirallas

Don't mind your 1st line up although I would play McCarthy instead of Barkley (if fit).

3 at the back is a non starter for me.

We don't need a massive overhaul, he just needs to play fit players in their right positions and stop playing those who are woefully out of form.

Guest rusty747

If Stones and McCarthy are genuinely fit then I agree they have to start. So for me:

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags. Baines

Besic. McCarthy

Mirallas. Naismith Oviedo

Lukaku

Subs. Griffiths. Garbutt. Distin. Barkley Mcgeady Atsu Kone

If he doesn't play Barkley CM there's something wrong. He needs a consistant run in there now. Barry needs dropping and Barkley next to Besic or McCarthy.

too soon for Barkley to be there consistently, especially against the reigning champions who are again challenging for the title.

I agree, Barkley should have a run but he does not have the defensive mentality or discipline for this game

too soon for Barkley to be there consistently, especially against the reigning champions who are again challenging for the title.

I agree, Barkley should have a run but he does not have the defensive mentality or discipline for this game

I don't want to set up defensively in the middle to be honest. McCarthy (if fit) or Besic can sit. It's never hurt previous eras to have one sitter.

I don't want to set up defensively in the middle to be honest. McCarthy (if fit) or Besic can sit. It's never hurt previous eras to have one sitter.

fair enough, sounds very gung-ho though. But, we are in dismal form defensively and having 1 holding player scared the crap out of me going up against City

How many times now has Aguerro been rushed back only to pick up another knock, and didn't he go out against Besic last time? Don't think he's the main threat. I see them playing a false 9, Silva is the threat.

Regardless who they play unless we improve on our recent form we're getting hammered.

Tuesday was a step in the right direction but there's still a long way to go.

Guest rusty747

I'll be on my way from Dubai to Lagos and will miss the first half but I think that may be no bad thing. Our weakest area is still defence and City are masters at playing in and around poorly organised back fours. I can only see a right twatting coming in our direction. Hope I am wrong but 1-4 wouldn't surprise me.