IGNORED

Man City

markjazzbassist

Agghhh I hate what my job makes me do.

20% of passes made being long versus a team who had the majority of possession does not tell the story. Both keepers went long. Robles 29/30 went for what is considered a long ball (goal kick whatever). Hart went 22/24.

Besic made most passes 54. Of those only 5 were long. Less than 10%.

The highest long ball percentage for an outfield player was jags, 31 passes, 9 long ball, only 3 found the target. 74% accuracy.....

The conclusion, we are clearing lines but not doing so accurately. We are not benefitting from an offensive perspective. The 20% figure is that because relevant to other games we were well down on possession which makes Robles long balls inflate the percentage figure.

Just cutting through the noise.

BTW John Stones, 29 passes, 3 long balls 3 found target... 89% accuracy.

It's not the style it's the players. I'm happy for jags to hoof if he can't give it to stones.

We were 166 passes short of our average. Robles alone made up for 10% of our long balls. In an average game that would be 6% due to higher pass volume.

I don't see the relevance of Hart's stats in going long, no one has said City's style has changed, it's all about ours.

And clearing our lines is exactly what we haven't been doing until now, which is something we've needed to do more of rather than passing it around back there and cost us goals. In short, it's a change!

Argh, you make my head hurt when you've got a bee in your bonnet because you refuse the opposing opinion even when it's pretty obvious to most. I'm surprised you didn't like Moyes more, because you're both stubborn mules; peas in a pod :P.

I don't see the relevance of Hart's stats in going long, no one has said City's style has changed, it's all about ours.

And clearing our lines is exactly what we haven't been doing until now, which is something we've needed to do more of rather than passing it around back there and cost us goals. In short, it's a change!

Argh, you make my head hurt when you've got a bee in your bonnet because you refuse the opposing opinion even when it's pretty obvious to most. I'm surprised you didn't like Moyes more, because you're both stubborn mules; peas in a pod :P.

I quoted Hart as a control, not a comparison. The fact is that we are quoted as having made 20% long balls, but Robles is an outlier and the he skews the stats.

I've said all along I'm happy with possession football but we need to get it away from danger. When we do it is not finding our own man, but gives us the opportunity to press the opponents higher - which we are doing.

In possession from midfield we are short. Barkley 97% pass accuracy yesterday from 35 passes. We are keeping it short from midfield.

Go long from back if needed and from goal kicks, press if opponents get it and play with increased tempo.

If its a style change then so be it. I've identified Naismith and an eager Romelu as key for this. When McCarthy returns we are in business all other things remaining the same.

Agghhh I hate what my job makes me do.

20% of passes made being long versus a team who had the majority of possession does not tell the story. Both keepers went long. Robles 29/30 went for what is considered a long ball (goal kick whatever). Hart went 22/24.

Besic made most passes 54. Of those only 5 were long. Less than 10%.

The highest long ball percentage for an outfield player was jags, 31 passes, 9 long ball, only 3 found the target. 74% accuracy.....

The conclusion, we are clearing lines but not doing so accurately. We are not benefitting from an offensive perspective. The 20% figure is that because relevant to other games we were well down on possession which makes Robles long balls inflate the percentage figure.

Just cutting through the noise.

BTW John Stones, 29 passes, 3 long balls 3 found target... 89% accuracy.

It's not the style it's the players. I'm happy for jags to hoof if he can't give it to stones.

We were 166 passes short of our average. Robles alone made up for 10% of our long balls. In an average game that would be 6% due to higher pass volume.

If we're 166 passes short of our average I think that tells the story we're playing differently. Ok CIty like possession too and should be better than us at it..... What was the difference in passes against West Ham in the cup?

If we're 166 passes short of our average I think that tells the story we're playing differently. Ok CIty like possession too and should be better than us at it..... What was the difference in passes against West Ham in the cup?

Can't get a stat on fa cup games but we had 52% possession.

Joe Hart in Garth Crooks' team of the week.

"Who would be a goalkeeper? The England number one made two magnificent saves to keep Manchester City in the game, then misjudged a wonderful cross by Leighton Baines and will now spend the rest of the week paying for it. It can be a rotten game sometimes."

Joe Hart in Garth Crooks' team of the week.

"Who would be a goalkeeper? The England number one made two magnificent saves to keep Manchester City in the game, then misjudged a wonderful cross by Leighton Baines and will now spend the rest of the week paying for it. It can be a rotten game sometimes."

actually talking sense?!

On another note, amazing how one of our better performances of the season, there's only 5 pages of comments....