IGNORED

West Ham (FA Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Haf, you have to realise. People make this assumptions based on what they've seen.

1st Season - Naismith was dire. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't run, couldn't do anything right. He had injuries, but when he was classed as 'fit' and played, he was terrible. People then made their conclusions that he was dog turd. Fair enough.

2nd Season - He gets a full pre-season under his belt, is played in his proper position and starts showing glimpses of a proper player. Bags a goal or two and grows in stature. He then got better. Everything about his game and attitude got better. He deserves his starting spot and is arguably one of the only lads deserving of a starting place. He proved people wrong, but their opinions were just based on the first season. He proved me wrong and I love him for it.

1st Season - Robles. Didn't get much of a seeing to, didn't start many games but those he did, he was also terrible. Flapped at crosses, spilled easy balls and made mistakes that lead directly to goals. I KNOW he didn't play many games but from what people saw of him, people formed the opinions that they did. Again, rightly so because that was the level of performance we based our opinions on.

2nd Season - Has he chance. People moaned and thought, "fucking hell, here we go" (based on their experiences of him also being a liability last year). Which is perfectly ok, they can have that opinion because he didn't do anything in his first season, to change people's opinions. Now, through a small blessing (Howard's injury) he's been thrust into the starting 11 and I have to say, he's started to look a capable keeper. The jury is still out on him (1 game (West Ham) shouldn't cloud everyone's opinion but it should highlight the potential)). That being said, if he keeps improving and learning, he has all the attributes (command of the area, reactions, coverings) to be a decent keeper. Let's hope it continues and he grows as a result of it. He's well deserving of the praise for yesterdays game.

1st Season - McGeady's first season, was none existent. Admittedly he only had 6 months to get up to speed but just didn't look capable when he did play. People formed an opinion on him.

2nd Season - Now he's had a full pre-season under his belt, played in a fair amount of games, as a starter and as a sub and to be honest, has done very little to change people's opinions. People talk about giving him time, but he's had it and has nothing to show for it. A bit of "energy" in 5/10 minute spells in a game, is NOT going to change people's opinions on him. For a winger he can't pass a man, he can't control a ball at speed, he can't tackle (when he's doing his defensive duties) and he just doesn't look 'fit'. He got sent off yesterday for being a proper tit. An attitude I can't see being changed (was at Celtic and in Russia).

So you can blast people for judging players too soon, which I will give, as i'm prone to it myself. But to suggest we judge a player based on whether his "face fits" is absolute bollocks. Complete and utter turd. People's opinions are based on what they see, on the pitch, in the shirt. Pure and simple. People are allowed these opinions. I fucking hate this whole "forum warriors bollocks" because the irony is, the people making that claim are writing it on a forum, with their own views (you fucking warriors you). When a player proves me, fans wrong, we love it. Naismith has done it and excelled. Robles is starting that upward battle and winning. McGeady is doing very little to change the majority of fans.

There are examples of it happening in reverse. Atsu. If it was based on who's "face fits" then Atsu would have been a class signing for Everton. Young, dangerous, direct, has buckets of potential but has done ABSOLUTELY fuck all for us. When I've seen him, he looks a tenth of the player i've watch at the WC, Vitesse and Porto. This Atsu wouldn't be fit enough to clean their Atsu's boots. It happens. We have opinions, positive or negative towards players. If they're negative to start, it's up to the players to prove that they're worth the appreciation of the fans, that wear that shirt. Prove us wrong.

We can have opinions whenever we fucking like. You have yours. Keep them, express them, fight for them but can people stop blasting each other for it, it's boring. My opinions are formed on performances and so far some have disappointed (McGeady, Barkley, Coleman) and some have surprised (Joel, Besic and Mirallas).

I'm done.

In short it is this....

A player that joins us from another league where the game is played at a slower pace and or has not been given time to get used to the premier league pace, they need a "full" year. It is top end athletic players like Sanchez that can make an almost imediate transition.

McGeady has shown progress... if you plotted his performances he is on an upward curve, absolutely no doubt about it. Wingers need to play - they more than any other player need their acceleration and touch to be spot on. Look at Downing, continued games have him playing to his best.

McGeady came to the club having not played in months, a couple of stone overweight and looking pretty weak at the same time. Over the last year he has transformed physically IMO, his speed off the mark is better, he is ftter and tracks back - but I still think he has a little more to come.

The problem is he is a boo boy - fans want immediate results and when he does show something there has to be a reason to write it off. The fact is he is an enigmatic player like many wingers. The feeling I get with him is that when he feels at ho,me he will create loads for us. Take some clips from last nighyt, he stands the defender up, he doesn't need to be moving with the ball, he allows the other players to run off whilst he decides to take a man on or pick a pass, if the defender commitys he has quick feet and a burst of accelration to go past him. He will be a good player for us. I am absolutely convinced of this.

The way it is going before you know it the lad will be another bilyaltdinov - he needs the fans support not ridicule.

With Robles, he's just a keeper from Wigan/Athletico who looked nervy in his once in a blue moon appearances (surprise surprise) - thats how many have judged him. Rather than see what he can offer we are supposed to buy a lad from Cardiff for £7m.... its just daft.

he needs the fans support not ridicule.

It only works one way for you though, that's to defend YOUR opinion. Hypocrisy again.

You can't accept other people's. That is the line in the sand. Your view or everyone else is wrong. Whereas the majority, as explained, base their opinions on what they see. Not their hope.

In shot its this

Romelu doesn't get your support but has performed on many occasion.

McGeady gets your full backing, yet hasn't done anything to warrent.

This, is what confuses me. You complain that fans don't support a player but back one who is yet to show anything of note.

I just don't get it.

Edited by tenaciousj

Blimey Crusty, we played with 10 men and controlled the game for large periods. That was a night and day difference performance.

How can you call for a new keeper after that? Robles has pedigree. Look at the stature of him - perfect for a keeper, he has great reflexes, you don't make saves like last night without that and he is agile. The only thing missing is games and he has played well in the last 3 games after looking very edgy in his previous ones which is totally understandable. Amazing what confidence can do for a keeper. His distribution is very good and has good feet.

The irony, if Robles never played for us and we as Evertonians watched that perfromance last night, many would be saying "sign him up!". Games make the keeper.

yes but its only one game against 5 months of dire performances and I only said that about robles because I know how our manager works

you will no doubt have noticed I have been a critic of tim for a long time but I know as soon as he is fit he will be back in so I think we another keeper with

experience to be a dominant number one. if you recall I have been shouting for a change of keeper all season but as bad as howard was playing RM

would not drop him. we still need a cb as stones is injury prone dystin is to old and jags apart from last night is struggling and alcaraz I don't rate we need pace

up front as mirallis can not keep doing it on his own and I think we will be lucky to keep him come the summer. I was in no way criticising robles.

In shot its this

Romelu doesn't get your support but has performed on many occasion.

McGeady gets your full backing, yet hasn't done anything to warrent.

This, is what confuses me. You complain that fans don't support a player but back one who is yet to show anything of note.

I just don't get it.

Rom has had my support - I back him when he has a good game and recognise this. My problem with Rom is that he seems to have carte blanche with the majority of fans - its absolutely ridiculous.

Rom offside? - the player passing was too slow. Forget the fact that he is one of the most flagged players in the league per game and has been since WBA loan.

Rom not putting much effort in? - he isn't happy with our style of play, he had a toe injury 20 weeks ago and split up with his girlfriend.

Rom can't control a ball? He's only 21

In parts of the game last night he was anonymous, wasn't bothered, lacked any effort in his aggression or running. Then he would spark into life a bit then go quiet. In the previous 2 games he had something to prove - proved it and then all of a sudden he seemed to get all complacent again.

Overall he did ok last night. I was the only one who never really seen his miss at the end of a great run as a "miss" I thought he was unlucky and at that stage it was tiredness more than anything. I am fair with the lad. If he has a bad game due to poor touches etc I can handle that, its his concentration levels and attitude that I see as an issue.

P.S his was the best penno too IMO.

Guest rusty747

If handled sensibly, this defeat could have a galvanizing effect on our season. Admittedly there is little left to play for in the league. An outside chance of a top 6 finish if we go on a blinding run maybe. Realistically we need to focus on as high a league finish as possible while going all out on the Europa League.

However, to avoid the same problems next season, Bill K needs to have a rummage down the back of his sofa and find some serious funds to add some real quality in depth. We all know what areas need strengthening and this process needs to be started now so that not too many signings need to be made pre season.

Rom has had my support - I back him when he has a good game and recognise this. My problem with Rom is that he seems to have carte blanche with the majority of fans - its absolutely ridiculous.

Rom offside? - the player passing was too slow. Forget the fact that he is one of the most flagged players in the league per game and has been since WBA loan.

Rom not putting much effort in? - he isn't happy with our style of play, he had a toe injury 20 weeks ago and split up with his girlfriend.

Rom can't control a ball? He's only 21

In parts of the game last night he was anonymous, wasn't bothered, lacked any effort in his aggression or running. Then he would spark into life a bit then go quiet. In the previous 2 games he had something to prove - proved it and then all of a sudden he seemed to get all complacent again.

Overall he did ok last night. I was the only one who never really seen his miss at the end of a great run as a "miss" I thought he was unlucky and at that stage it was tiredness more than anything. I am fair with the lad. If he has a bad game due to poor touches etc I can handle that, its his concentration levels and attitude that I see as an issue.

P.S his was the best penno too IMO.

Utter rubbish, you've only backed Rom when you've had no other choice.

The lad has massive potential, anyone who's ever played football can see that, he's struggled at times this season (which Everton player hasn't) Martinez HAD to pay massive money to get him, that wasn't Roms fault, but obviously Martinez thought he was worth it, maybe he should have checked with you first.

As mentioned in posts above, it seems your opinion is far more important and always correct......' in your opinion '.

Back on topic !

Last night wasn't a great performance, but once again the tempo was increased, players were looking less sideways and backwards and a bit more ahead.A West Ham mate of mine said before the game that the Everton team on paper looked way better than the Hammers, I think he's right, the quality is there, it's the system that needs fine tuning.At times even with 10 men we gave the Hammers problems, insert into that Barkley and get him doing the right thing, making the right passes, and shooting when the time is right.Like that we would be way too much for most opponents.

It's Martinezs' job..........have some sleepless nights, some long training ground sessions, but get it done, the quality is there, I'm guessing there will be some money for 'the window', Everton shouldn't be 3 points above the drop zone, we've ponced about too much this season.Motivate Mr Martinez.

Utter rubbish, you've only backed Rom when you've had no other choice.

The lad has massive potential, anyone who's ever played football can see that, he's struggled at times this season (which Everton player hasn't) Martinez HAD to pay massive money to get him, that wasn't Roms fault, but obviously Martinez thought he was worth it, maybe he should have checked with you first.

As mentioned in posts above, it seems your opinion is far more important and always correct......' in your opinion '.

Back on topic !

Last night wasn't a great performance, but once again the tempo was increased, players were looking less sideways and backwards and a bit more ahead.A West Ham mate of mine said before the game that the Everton team on paper looked way better than the Hammers, I think he's right, the quality is there, it's the system that needs fine tuning.At times even with 10 men we gave the Hammers problems, insert into that Barkley and get him doing the right thing, making the right passes, and shooting when the time is right.Like that we would be way too much for most opponents.

It's Martinezs' job..........have some sleepless nights, some long training ground sessions, but get it done, the quality is there, I'm guessing there will be some money for 'the window', Everton shouldn't be 3 points above the drop zone, we've ponced about too much this season.Motivate Mr Martinez.

There's always a choice. My choice is to give credit where it's due. Hold players accountable to what they can do when they apply themselves correctly.

What film you watching tonight?

In short it is this....

A player that joins us from another league where the game is played at a slower pace and or has not been given time to get used to the premier league pace, they need a "full" year. It is top end athletic players like Sanchez that can make an almost imediate transition.

McGeady has shown progress... if you plotted his performances he is on an upward curve, absolutely no doubt about it. Wingers need to play - they more than any other player need their acceleration and touch to be spot on. Look at Downing, continued games have him playing to his best.

McGeady came to the club having not played in months, a couple of stone overweight and looking pretty weak at the same time. Over the last year he has transformed physically IMO, his speed off the mark is better, he is ftter and tracks back - but I still think he has a little more to come.

The problem is he is a boo boy - fans want immediate results and when he does show something there has to be a reason to write it off. The fact is he is an enigmatic player like many wingers. The feeling I get with him is that when he feels at ho,me he will create loads for us. Take some clips from last nighyt, he stands the defender up, he doesn't need to be moving with the ball, he allows the other players to run off whilst he decides to take a man on or pick a pass, if the defender commitys he has quick feet and a burst of accelration to go past him. He will be a good player for us. I am absolutely convinced of this.

The way it is going before you know it the lad will be another bilyaltdinov - he needs the fans support not ridicule.

With Robles, he's just a keeper from Wigan/Athletico who looked nervy in his once in a blue moon appearances (surprise surprise) - thats how many have judged him. Rather than see what he can offer we are supposed to buy a lad from Cardiff for £7m.... its just daft.

Hmmmm It seems very odd agreeing with you, I will have to back to the Lukaku thread

There's always a choice. My choice is to give credit where it's due. Hold players accountable to what they can do when they apply themselves correctly.

What film you watching tonight?

No movie tonight............, this two for one your obsessed with !

Wouldn't be any good for you, as you probably havn't got anyone to go with :rofl: you realy should try and get away from your pc for a while......I think your begining to beleive everything you write !

Edited by Blue 250

No movie tonight............, this two for one your obsessed with !

Wouldn't be any good for you, as you probably havn't got anyone to go with :rofl: you realy should try and get away from your pc for a while......I think your begining to beleive everything you write !

What's wrong with two for one? If I wanted to go to the pictures and I had a choice of evenings and one was 2 for 1 I would choose that night, why wouldn't anyone.

Some nosesbeing looked down here methinks. All getting a bit personal. You can always tell when someone skin has been gotten under when the snide personal insults come out.

I don't watch films but let it be known I'd most defo go to a 2 for 1 film rather than one where I hac to pay 2 for 2.

Sometimes if I'm taking my parents for tea we go to a 2 for 1 pub called The Bootle Arms. Does that count :P

What's wrong with two for one? If I wanted to go to the pictures and I had a choice of evenings and one was 2 for 1 I would choose that night, why wouldn't anyone.

Some nosesbeing looked down here methinks. All getting a bit personal. You can always tell when someone skin has been gotten under when the snide personal insults come out.

I don't watch films but let it be known I'd most defo go to a 2 for 1 film rather than one where I hac to pay 2 for 2.

Sometimes if I'm taking my parents for tea we go to a 2 for 1 pub called The Bootle Arms. Does that count :P

Spot on Paddock. Feathers ruffled = insults.

Spoy on mate................I'd take 3 for 1 if I could get it!

Don't know why he has a problem with 2 for 1 ?

Why would you wanna watch the same film twice?

(Know you're joking but) when I was younger you could do just that. You paid to get into the cinema and sat there as long as you wanted; used to get the main feature, a second film and cartoons. If you stayed in your seat you could watch all three again, did it many times. Dam Busters springs to mind, as does 633 squadron; later years I sat through Papillon twice, and Emmanuelle six times (though I may have lost count).

Spoy on mate................I'd take 3 for 1 if I could get it!

Don't know why he has a problem with 2 for 1 ?

Sorry blue... Maybe it was your boasting last Wednesday about having a social life.

I managed to go to a judge dred convention a while back and I play warcraft for 15 hours a day. Surely that counts for something?