IGNORED

West Ham (FA Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Is David James trying to piss off Everton fans? Remember him last season predicting we finished 17th or something and slated us against Southampton. Criticised Joel now saying he was off his line for every single penalty and he should have been punished. What a tosser.

I turned the TV off when they went to "the hero" who was constantly off his line (not that that bothers me too much) and whispering into player ears. Mind games I get, his faces and gestures on the line are part of the tactics, but walking up to the player? Classless

For once I'm glad that we have a manager who only sees positives. Those are what we must concentrate on after a game like that.

So proud of the way we rallied and so nearly got over the line. Problems in the dressing room? Don't make me laugh.

There was an article in the Guardian today that said that several players had approaced Martinez and asked to change the way they play a bit.

That suggests that there was unrest in the dressing room, but also they feel able to approach Martinez with issues, and, importantly, that Martinez listened to them. My feeling is that the players have responded to that.

There was an article in the Guardian today that said that several players had approaced Martinez and asked to change the way they play a bit.

That suggests that there was unrest in the dressing room, but also they feel able to approach Martinez with issues, and, importantly, that Martinez listened to them. My feeling is that the players have responded to that.

Today? It was days ago!

I don't think it suggests unrest at all, just that the players wanted to find a way out of the mess we're in, helping the manager.

The lads can go out with their heads held high tonight, played some fast pacey football tonight and none of that slow boring stuff we have been so used to a few weeks back! Also a special mention to Joel, he pulled of some stunning saves and looked really comfortable in goal tonight, lets hope this is a sign to come and the reason Bobby has stuck by him! Theres something about watching Everton on a week night i swear it gets to me much more!

Life is cruel to an Everton supporter -

and the referees just keep on rubbing salt into our wounds -

when is the tide going to turn?

if results and decisions don't start going our way soon we could be on thin ice -

we seem to be so near yet so far from that turning point ....

WBA better watch out ......... we just have to demolish them

Yep and before tonight's game Robles was shite, Naismith used to be really shite.

But yeah McGeady is gonna get flamed for getting two yellow cards. Lad can do no right. He was excellent first half and took a yellow for a shocking Barry pass. Yes he had a brain fart but that's what happens.

I've said all along he would need a full season and I see signs of improvement. Some just don't want to see it. It's too convenient to slate him.

Yep and before tonight's game Robles was shite, Naismith used to be really shite.

But yeah McGeady is gonna get flamed for getting two yellow cards. Lad can do no right. He was excellent first half and took a yellow for a shocking Barry pass. Yes he had a brain fart but that's what happens.

I've said all along he would need a full season and I see signs of improvement. Some just don't want to see it. It's too convenient to slate him.

Tbh mate you said " this was going to be his season. Don't make me vault you.

He did one or two decent things but he was far from excellent. Not good enough by a long way and no amount of time will change that imo. Be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Forget the yellow cards, not criticising for those.

The lads can go out with their heads held high tonight, played some fast pacey football tonight and none of that slow boring stuff we have been so used to a few weeks back! Also a special mention to Joel, he pulled of some stunning saves and looked really comfortable in goal tonight, lets hope this is a sign to come and the reason Bobby has stuck by him! Theres something about watching Everton on a week night i swear it gets to me much more!

No hope about it, the corner's been turned.

This is the one big negative from this match. Many positives, but this is a major, obvious, glaringly glaring problem.

Sure, or we could do something about the number of corners we concede. I haven't looked at the stats, but it has to be close to 20 over the two matches against WH, give any team that many opportunities and you'll pay.

We lack height at the back to defend against corners.

We missed Distin in the air last night -

Stone's inexperience showed in both goals -

We have two short wingbacks with little to offer in areal defense -

We have little Naismith also running around in the box defending -

In short - we have a length and a physical presense problem which needs to be sorted

We lack height at the back to defend against corners.

We missed Distin in the air last night -

Stone's inexperience showed in both goals -

We have two short wingbacks with little to offer in areal defense -

We have little Naismith also running around in the box defending -

In short - we have a length and a physical presense problem which needs to be sorted

We've played a lot better with Stones & Jags tbh

despite the great effort that was 5 months overdue lets not forget we lost again we are in the worst run I can remember for a long time

we are 3 points above relegation and need to buy some one with pace up front, a cb and a keeper I still think despite his good game

last night as soon as howard is fit he will put him back in and would be disastrous. we need a strong number 1

and we need to change training tactics and learn to defend corners and if RM says we don't need to then hes not the man for the job.

despite the great effort that was 5 months overdue lets not forget we lost again we are in the worst run I can remember for a long time

we are 3 points above relegation and need to buy some one with pace up front, a cb and a keeper I still think despite his good game

last night as soon as howard is fit he will put him back in and would be disastrous. we need a strong number 1

and we need to change training tactics and learn to defend corners and if RM says we don't need to then hes not the man for the job.

Blimey Crusty, we played with 10 men and controlled the game for large periods. That was a night and day difference performance.

How can you call for a new keeper after that? Robles has pedigree. Look at the stature of him - perfect for a keeper, he has great reflexes, you don't make saves like last night without that and he is agile. The only thing missing is games and he has played well in the last 3 games after looking very edgy in his previous ones which is totally understandable. Amazing what confidence can do for a keeper. His distribution is very good and has good feet.

The irony, if Robles never played for us and we as Evertonians watched that perfromance last night, many would be saying "sign him up!". Games make the keeper.

With Mirallas and Lukaku upfront we'll be fine.

Centre backs starting to look better. Last 3 games have been our best performances of the season. They are playing more and more like a typical Everton side - a lot if fight.

We ain't out the shit yet and we still need a win that's 7 games without one. Luckily there's two cup games inclusive in that!

Naismith might just be the best nr 10 we have - which is no achievement seeing the lack of challengers, but he falls miles short from the qulity we lack in that position - i lost count of the number of balls he gave away last night and he created very little at the same time - he was totally knackerred at 60min and should have been subbed instead of Besic