IGNORED

Liverpool (H)

Kev627

Another absolutely shocking performance. Fruitless in attack. He brings Mirallas off for Lennon.... Is the guy on crack? Crying out for players who can go at them and he takes one off. The sub should have been Barry who was absolutely shite again. He gives Barkley 9 minutes. The guys a fucking joke. The more I watch this set of players the more I realise how shit we are, we have no players who can change a game bar Mirallas who wants out and Barkley who he doesn't want to play. If he does he's out of position. We're left with average players who can't unlock the door.

Only positives for me were the two centre halfs!

I'm sick of Martinez, sick of watching shite.

Edited by MC11

Guest rusty747

Sometimes you have to take two paces back to move four paces forward. After the recent dire run I am not too concerned at this 'back to basics' approach if it helps rebuild confidence, gets enough points to stay up and builds a more solid platform for more expansive attacking play in time.

Its not going to be pretty to watch but as long as we look tight at the back and begin to carry more of a threat going forward, I will be happyish.

When they showed the replay of Gerrard's overhead kick it was going straight into Robles hands until Naisy got his head to it. Our only 'on target' attempt was from a full-back. The best chance for a forward came in the first half when Lukaku played a great ball to Naismith who played a return to Lukaku who was in 15 yards of space. In trying to control it Lukaku knocked it so far away that it ended up as a pass to a Liverpool defender. One of our problems is that when we get down the flanks and cross it, no one ever seems to win a header in the penalty area.

Sometimes you have to take two paces back to move four paces forward. After the recent dire run I am not too concerned at this 'back to basics' approach if it helps rebuild confidence, gets enough points to stay up and builds a more solid platform for more expansive attacking play in time.

Its not going to be pretty to watch but as long as we look tight at the back and begin to carry more of a threat going forward, I will be happyish.

It's crap though. At what point will any if this change? Who is going to change us. McCarthy who people have been crying out for came back. No difference. It's been going on for months the same shit. I agree we've tightened up but at the same time we look a rubbish side with no idea. I really do fear for us.

We are shit I agree what did we try and do NOTHING. Naismith waste of a place. Barry waste of a space. What has happened to our full backs it was the main point of our game and now it is completely non-existence as an entity. MCarthy great at getting the ball back but really when your number 10 is Naismith having the ball is pointless as he gives it away more than he keeps it. We bring Barkley on at 84 minutes and he creates to of the best openings in the game.

I don't get what martinez is trying to do now he is picking workmen like Moyes used to do but without the nouse to score from set pieces. Our game plan doesn't play to our strengths we have a player like stones who brings it out from the back and he is stunted by jags long balls. We have a new winger who's skill is to get down the line and he cuts in side ever time. We have a creative midfield play the likes of which we haven't had since i can remember and we bring him on at 84 minutes for a free transfer from the scottish prem who has the delicacy of a rapist. we have two of the best young holding midfielders in the league and we play barry who is slower than my dead gran in a hurse. I said last year MARTINEZ won't last the season and my mind got changed but seriously what is he asking the team to do.

We are shit I agree what did we try and do NOTHING. Naismith waste of a place. Barry waste of a space. What has happened to our full backs it was the main point of our game and now it is completely non-existence as an entity. MCarthy great at getting the ball back but really when your number 10 is Naismith having the ball is pointless as he gives it away more than he keeps it. We bring Barkley on at 84 minutes and he creates to of the best openings in the game.

I don't get what martinez is trying to do now he is picking workmenlike Moyes used to do but without the nouse to score from set pieces. Our game plan doesn't play to our strengths we have a player like stones who brings it out from the back and he is stunted by jags long balls. We have a new winger who's skill is to get down the line and he cuts in side ever time. We have a creative midfield play the likes of which we haven't had since i can remember and we bring him on at 84 minutes for a free transfer from the scottish prem who has the delicacy of a rapist. we have two of the best young holding midfielders in the league and we play barry who is slower than my dead gran in a hurse. I said last year MARTINEZ won't last the season and my mind got changed but seriously what is he asking the team to do.

This is SPOT on!

All workmen,no proper footballers.

Honestly. I am fine with this result. I have been waiting for this season to be over for awhile. Big mistake for RM not to buy this transfer window, but hopefully this translates to some big buys over the summer.

One main lesson to take away from this game. We need to lose some of the "experience" (i.e. Barry) and let the young guns run the show. I want to see more of Garbutt. Besic is getting better every game and in a couple of years he will be a cream of the crop No.6 Box to Box midfielder.

The only thing holding the club back now are the fans that cannot think of the big picture. Immediate results are good, but you want a sustainable model for success over a long period of time. Many of these players (Lukaku, Barkley, Besic, and Garbutt) are that future.

Also, I read a lot of hate for Lukaku on here. Unjustifiably so, as he was the one muscling people off the ball and tracking back for most of the game.

But Lukakau out muscling defenders to get chances is fucking wank in the creative system we play. We are suppose to be this amazing team with possession but we do fuck all with it. BECAUSE Naismith is played why please someone offer me something as to his positive effect. yes he scores the odd goal but is that enough when he lays on no chances for the other players.

Another absolutely shocking performance. Fruitless in attack. He brings Mirallas off for Lennon.... Is the guy on crack? Crying out for players who can go at them and he takes one off. The sub should have been Barry who was absolutely shite again. He gives Barkley 9 minutes. The guys a fucking joke. The more I watch this set of players the more I realise how shit we are, we have no players who can change a game bar Mirallas who wants out and Barkley who he doesn't want to play. If he does he's out of position. We're left with average players who can't unlock the door.

Only positives for me were the two centre halfs!

I'm sick of Martinez, sick of watching shite.

Haha yep, cause kev was a real game changer wasn't he.

I couldn't give two fucks what you lot think on here you're clueless. Mirallas is our most dangerous player. Period!

All those screeming for McCarthy. McCarthy doesn't win you games. No change with him back.

He wasn't great today but he's much more likely to get a goal out of absolutely nothing than pretty much all of our players. He can only do that if he's on the pitch. Taking him off for Lennon was just keeping things exactly the same, with no attempt to change things from what was pretty awful stuff from us. Lennon coming on was the right choice but it should've been for a less creative player like Barry.

He wasn't great today but he's much more likely to get a goal out of absolutely nothing than pretty much all of our players. He can only do that if he's on the pitch. Taking him off for Lennon was just keeping things exactly the same, with no attempt to change things from what was pretty awful stuff from us. Lennon coming on was the right choice but it should've been for a less creative player like Barry.

It was simple. I saw it everybody saw it.

Lennon on the right Mirallas on the left Barry off.

This is SPOT on!

All workmen,no proper footballers.

Has anyone ever thought that he picks under duress. I'll put it another way for you MC11, if you had a job where you were under constant pressure from impatient pricks and you had a choice to go against your beliefs. This would, for a short while keep you your job but in the long run hold back your progress in your current role and your teams progress but it would get results...

What would you choose?

It takes a brave man to do the latter... Maybe it's just the same old naive supporters who mentally stick to what they know best.

I think Naismith starts because there was no one else to play there. Barkley has been way off form and fell victim to it all with the fans. Osman Injured. Pienaar Injured.

Naismith offers hard work and determination. Definitely not exactly what you want in that No.10 hole.

Ideally, Barkley will get on song and be No.10. Lukaku will be ahead of him and Mirallas and Lennon will boss the wide positions.

A bit further back, McCarthy and Besic would start but I think Barry gets the nod for his positional discipline. Barry just dwells on the ball too long.

It's clear to me that the idea for the team just now is to concede minimal goals. Being solid at the back gives the attacking players confidence that they can concentrate on their job without being bit on the arse.

We've had a poor season so far. It's a shame that when we were perceived to be conceding for fun, Martinez got stick that his teams can't defend. Now we are showing we can defend, Martinez gets stick that we can't attack.

The right balance will come.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Besic, Barry and McCarthy start against Chelsea though.

I couldn't give two fucks what you lot think on here you're clueless. Mirallas is our most dangerous player. Period!

All those screeming for McCarthy. McCarthy doesn't win you games. No change with him back.

he did fuck all, absolutely fuck all. I was still pissed he went off but your man crush is blinding you of his performances of late.

Meanwhile, McCarthy made the most successful tackles on the pitch, continually broke up play, drove play forward a fair few times.

Has anyone ever thought that he picks under duress. I'll put it another way for you MC11, if you had a job where you were under constant pressure from impatient pricks and you had a choice to go against your beliefs. This would, for a short while keep you your job but in the long run hold back your progress in your current role and your teams progress but it would get results...

What would you choose?

It takes a brave man to do the latter... Maybe it's just the same old naive supporters who mentally stick to what they know best.

If you think he'll turn this round you're as bad as him. It's been going on far too long to be "bad form".

Barkley comes on, plays a pass that if Gerrard had played it would have been called world class.We need to get thi lad up and running properly, he made a mistake a few minutes later but those mistakes will have to be made before he becomes the class player he's sett to become.Play him Martinez, play him where HE wants to play, let him make mistakes, it's the only way he will improve, and shit do we need him.

Hardly anything going forward, Lukaku wont improve either with the service he recieves.

Hull got a point at Man City, we shouldn't be too happy with our point today, it is showing very slight improvement and a clean sheet and decent defending can't be sniffed at but overall not great was it !!

he did fuck all, absolutely fuck all. I was still pissed he went off but your man crush is blinding you of his performances of late.

Meanwhile, McCarthy made the most successful tackles on the pitch, continually broke up play, drove play forward a fair few times.

As I said I couldn't give two fucks what you think mate. You're clueless. I couldn't care if McCarthy made 100 tackles out of 100. There was no improvement on our side. The whole team stinks.

As I said I couldn't give two fucks what you think mate. You're clueless. I couldn't care if McCarthy made 100 tackles out of 100. There was no improvement on our side. The whole team stinks.

:rofl: clueless :rofl:

You're right, there was no improvement, in attack. Where your poster boy failed to deliver, again. Defensively, we have improved and looked more solid today with McCarthy in. Coleman got forward for the first time this year.

Clueless. The irony...

Barkley comes on, plays a pass that if Gerrard had played it would have been called world class.We need to get thi lad up and running properly, he made a mistake a few minutes later but those mistakes will have to be made before he becomes the class player he's sett to become.Play him Martinez, play him where HE wants to play, let him make mistakes, it's the only way he will improve, and shit do we need him.

Hardly anything going forward, Lukaku wont improve either with the service he recieves.

Hull got a point at Man City, we shouldn't be too happy with our point today, it is showing very slight improvement and a clean sheet and decent defending can't be sniffed at but overall not great was it !!

I like the fact that your a glass half full lad but if you watched closely, he also fucked up a simple ball control two seconds later, couldn't catch the player when trying to track back and nearly cost us a goal.

I see you were a four up top kind of guy when playing fifa and pro evolution as a wee boy. Mcarthy save defeats by the way he plays. Kev can win games. There as, as important as each other.

I think Naismith starts because there was no one else to play there. Barkley has been way off form and fell victim to it all with the fans. Osman Injured. Pienaar Injured.

Naismith offers hard work and determination. Definitely not exactly what you want in that No.10 hole.

Ideally, Barkley will get on song and be No.10. Lukaku will be ahead of him and Mirallas and Lennon will boss the wide positions.

A bit further back, McCarthy and Besic would start but I think Barry gets the nod for his positional discipline. Barry just dwells on the ball too long.

It's clear to me that the idea for the team just now is to concede minimal goals. Being solid at the back gives the attacking players confidence that they can concentrate on their job without being bit on the arse.

We've had a poor season so far. It's a shame that when we were perceived to be conceding for fun, Martinez got stick that his teams can't defend. Now we are showing we can defend, Martinez gets stick that we can't attack.

The right balance will come.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Besic, Barry and McCarthy start against Chelsea though.

The thing is though, Newty, Barkley was playing shit stuck out on the left wing (still confused by that tbh!), not in the number 10 spot. Putting him there is the way to get his confidence back because it's a position he thrives in.

It's a tough one, though, because I love Naismith and what he brings to our team but his first thought is always to pass it back as soon as he gets it, not get hold of it, turn, and go towards their goal. He slowed us down so much today. And when he wasn't doing that he was giving the ball away. Our ball retention all round was woeful though.

I agree about Barry. He's great when he gets the ball and just gives it to someone else straight away. The longer he has the ball the more likely ending is him losing the ball.

I also agree that it's clear we've chosen to get back to being solid defensively. I don't agree, though, that it's giving the attacking players confidence to just get on with their jobs. Why? Because they're being asked to concentrate on defending!

I think the stick was warranted in both instances. His job is to find the balance, and he's failed. We've shown that we can do both, so there's no reason why it can't click. Unfortunately, it's going to come far too late in the season to make any difference :(.

I too expect to see all three play against Chelsea as well.

As Redknapp said about McCarthy pre game, it stuck in my mind...

"He is the thinking man's footballer..."

After the game...

He can play for any team in the Premier League, the ability he has and the way he controls games. It was a bit of a risk for Roberto Martinez to play him as he hasnt played in a while but it paid off. He was the best player on the pitch for them.

Carragher...

"Roberto Martinez said he cant be without him, he is the only one he cant replace, and I thought he was outstanding," he said.

"He is a top midfielder player and he had the most tackles in the game, even though its his first game back. Coutinho and Steven Gerrard have been vital for Liverpool in the last few weeks and he nullified them.

"He is not just a destructive player with great energy but he can play as well. He is a midfield player who ticks every box, the only thing he lacks is goals."

Clueless idiots.

Yep but he couldn't play for athletico like our super kev.

I like the fact that your a glass half full lad but if you watched closely, he also fucked up a simple ball control two seconds later, couldn't catch the player when trying to track back and nearly cost us a goal.

I know he made a mistake, I said it in the same post.He has mistakes in him, he needs games and to be allowed to make a few, it's the only way he will improve.

I'm not saying if City offered £50 million for him I wouldn't sell him, it's just he has talent which other than Mirallas,Pienaar and Osman we lack.

He could really become a 'great' but he has to be allowed to fuck up!

Martinez and the staff need to work this one out.

Look. Today's perfromance was safety first, as it has been for the last 5-7 games (bar the Wham replay). It's HAD to be done, we had to stop the rot. We were shipping goals left, right and centre. This has been cut down to a minimum because the focus has moved from trying to out score the opposition to setting up right. This is setting a platform. What's the result been from this approach? No loss in the league in 5, 3 clean sheets. That's a damn good base to start the final 14 games on, even if it has been shite to watch