IGNORED

Liverpool (H)

Kev627

I think like Europa league we will show up for the big games. I expect one hell of a match, a draw or win for me. Sturbridge is back but hopefully won't start, and other than that they have been rather mediocre. Their back line is very weak and if we go 433 I think we could really hit them hard.

Robles

Coleman stones jags baines

Besic Barkley Barry

Lukaku Naismith mirallas

Subs - kone, Oviedo

The last few games we've been building up. Bit by bit looking to get back to where we should be, performance wise.

Liverpool will come at us.

3-1 Everton. Possibly 3-2.

We can do it. It has to happen at some point!!!

We got an ugly win yesterday. Hardly building up progressively. I expect a typical derby. Maybe just maybe we'll get a bit of "luck" Edited by MC11

Why does the next game after a win like that have to be the Derby. They ALWAYS turn us over in important games like this it's like they have a hex over us.

I'm praying we break the trend next week and finally beat them in an important Derby but the reality is we'll probably roll over and fetch sticks for them.

IF and it's a big IF we do them then that could catapult us on but history says we wont.

I'd give almost anything for a win next Saturday I really would. I fucking hate Derby day I feel sick already :(

The timing ofSturridge coming back couldn't of been worse either could it.

Edited by Paddock

I don't think we were great, but it was good to see a solid defensive display...

Big win against Liverpool and gap reduces down to 9. Still believe top 8 is reachable if we go on a solid run of results now

Liverpool will be a different test for our back four.

Apart from a great defensive display we were, on the whole, poor. Do you think we played well?

I haven't made a point about us playing 'well' against CP? So why you asking? I don't get why you and MC are putting the emphasis on the CP game?

But for the benefit of your question...

Isn't the defensive side of the game what the critics have been screaming about?! Was it not being said that defence is just as important as attack? That Martinez was neglecting this? That his teams cannot defend? That we are shipping goals for fun? Etc etc.

As you say, a great defensive display. We did what we had to do to get 3 points and we did it well. The fluent attacking football will return soon, once confidence is back. So now we put in a "great defensive" display but still don't play well?

But more to the point, I said originally...

"The last few games we've been building up. Bit by bit looking to get back to where we should be, performance wise."

Where did I express that I thought we played well against CP? I quote the "last few games" and "bit by bit". I'm expressing my thoughts for a forthcoming game, I said my bit in the CP game thread. Go and see that thread for my thoughts on the CP performance.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I thought this was about expressing an opinion on the forthcoming derby???

Just to get back on topic...

I must admit I don't usually predict scores so far before a game, before knowing who is in, who is out. I think the Derby comes at a good time now. We have no choice but to be on song. And recent results have give us that bit more confidence.

Jesus, Newty, don't get your knickers in a twist, it was just a question!

I asked if you thought we played well because of the progressing bit by bit comment. But after the improvement of the City game, and two West Ham games we were shite against West Brom and poor yesterday. Improved defensively but regressed in the attacking stakes.

To beat the shite we're going to have to be improved in both departments. They'll create far more chances than Palace did yesterday so we're going to have to find our mojo going forward. That is if we're interested in getting a win and aren't playing for a point.

I asked if you thought we played well because of the progressing bit by bit comment. But after the improvement of the City game, and two West Ham games we were shite against West Brom and poor yesterday. Improved defensively but regressed in the attacking stakes.

To beat the shite we're going to have to be improved in both departments. They'll create far more chances than Palace did yesterday so we're going to have to find our mojo going forward. That is if we're interested in getting a win and aren't playing for a point.

Well don't bloody ask! :D

It's only my view. And as far as I'm concerned, bit by bit, we are getting there. It's just my opinion. It doesn't mean I think we are playing well. It just means I think we are improving. I said I think we'll get better in the 2nd half of the season. I stand by that.

I guess to concentrate more on defence we've had to surrender a bit up top. Now the balance has to come back. And it will with the confidence.

But I agree with you, MC and Paddock...Pool will bring a different threat. We'll have to be 'on it' in all departments. I nervously look forward to it.

Sadly, as you said, the slight improvement against City and West Ham, wasn't built on against WBA and Palace.

Strangly with Derby games, the ones that look like we've got more than half a chance we blow and the ones that look an obvious defeat we put up a decent display.

Would have thought if we manage to finish the game with 11 men we have a chance, I can see the rs diving around and expect Besic and Barry to pick up very early yellows.

Guest rusty747

I was unable to post on the Palace thread during the game as I was in Guangzhou and trapped behind the great firewall of China. But now that I am back in semi civilised surroundings let me put my hand up and say that I have never been so happy or relieved to have been completely wrong. I thought we were going to get well and truly twatted at Palace and the boys proved me wrong.

Turning to Liverpool, we now have to continue the progress. I think we can beat them but I would settle for a point to hopefully start an unbeaten run. If Lukaku can improve his hold up play and Mirallas (if he is still with us) can be arsed to defend then I think we stand a good chance of at least a point. Robles continues to improve and two successive clean sheets will have helped his confidence enormously. So I go into this match with renewed hope and belief but, as we all know, This is Everton and anything is possible.

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

Barry McCarthy/Besic

Lennon Naismith Mirallas

Lukaku

nearly didn't see the / between McCarthy and Besic. Was going to agree, fielding 12 should give us a better change :lol:

Hoping Besic starts, McCarthy is going to be rusty.