IGNORED

Liverpool (H)

Kev627

We were set up not to lose, with confidence low and a tough set of fixtures ahead it was important to get something from the game.

With Liverpool in good form it made sense to go safety first, especially with it being McCarthy's first game back from injury.

In the future I like the idea of Mirallas on one wing and Lennon on the other, I think having 2 effective wingers is something we have missed this season.

And that's fine to start the game that way, but surely we could have had a go towards the end of the game when they'd run out of ideas and legs themselves? I'm not talking going gung ho or anything, we'd have still had two defensive midfielders on the pitch. Just to show some intent to get three points. It's not like Barry was having a stellar game, he was actually hindering us with his play at that point.

Nope, moyes packed the midfimidfield with a cut off supply to the main striker, leaving him worthles. Lukaku had bodies around him. He's just shit.

Always said we need someone in The middle who can see a pass and play a bit in the final 3rd. Yesterday we had 3 workhorses who only now how to win possession then distribute. They aren't creative players.

Lukaku isn't shit he did ok in the circumstances and was marked by a more than capable player in Emre Can. Who in my opinion was the best player on the pitch.

Edited by MC11

I think both teams were always gonna settle for the draw.

Liverpool on a good run and wanted to keep the run going, us looking to kick start are season.

I think Martinez got it spot on with how we set up we kept them out and built confidence at the back, yes we looked a little poor going forward but that will come, I think Martinez knew we would suffer up top in that game and was looking to sneak a goal in and maybe get the win but that did not happen.

Imagine if we had lost that game, maybe even heavily. all that progression and confidence we have built at the back the last couple of games would have gone and we would be back where we started.

Edited by Ph3nom3nay

I just want to see:

Howard

Coleman. Stones jags Baines

Besic. McCarthy

Lennon. Barkley. Mirallas

Rom

At least Barkley then has cover for his odd mistake!

have you lost the plot howard back he has cost us more points than any other player this season

I wondered when the morons would be back shouting for timmy I hope he never plays for the blues again

its joels shirt from know on and hes got about 200 mistakes in credit on mr howard

as regards the derby match no leadership on or off the pitch again naisey should have gone at half time

missed the easiest chance of the night jm should have gone after an hour and barry for the last 15 mins

replaced by kone barkley and lennon rm wants rid of mirallas I don't I wish he was as tough with some of the others

when there playing shite.