IGNORED

Yacine Brahimi

Apparently they said they wanted 40 mil we matched it then they said it's 50 now. If and Isay if that's true a) I'm glad we pulled out and b. ) it shows how fucking hard work transfers are.

agreed. have you seen the statement stoke's chairman said? something to the effect of "now every club is trying to sell us players with all the new money knowing if they bargain well they can run their club for the next 2 years off the profit"

I think we all have to get our heads out of arse here. This gravy train will last for a while yet and if we aren't willing to compete then there's no point. We knew who were the targets where pay the fucking money. We need to get the big players in first by paying the money like city did the others will come off those moves. Hart, Brahimi that's a statement. As usual we have spent - £2.5 mill. Bravo bet the players we have bought on shite promises like Williams must be thinking eh? Reeks of Johnson buying dacourt, Collins and matterazi all over again

Or we could do what West Ham have done and spunk a fair bit on adding 11 or so new players and watch it all potentially go to shit

We needed two quality additions to see us on our way Perez then Brahimi and possibly Gabbiadini where targets they all fell through if the parent club decide not to sell after giving indications they would or they bump the price up 10m at the last minute or a more lucrative club come calling we can't blame the club for it

On the face of it we should have had more fall back targets but we have no clue who's available what the prices are or if Walsh Koeman and co see them as a fit there's more variables to it then just saying "he's better than what we have buy him"

We've strengthened and pocketed a few million along the way no big deal I'd rather that then spunk £30m on Sissoko and co

Or we could do what West Ham have done and spunk a fair bit on adding 11 or so new players and watch it all potentially go to shit

We needed two quality additions to see us on our way Perez then Brahimi and possibly Gabbiadini where targets they all fell through if the parent club decide not to sell after giving indications they would or they bump the price up 10m at the last minute or a more lucrative club come calling we can't blame the club for it

On the face of it we should have had more fall back targets but we have no clue who's available what the prices are or if Walsh Koeman and co see them as a fit there's more variables to it then just saying "he's better than what we have buy him"

We've strengthened and pocketed a few million along the way no big deal I'd rather that then spunk £30m on Sissoko and co

spot on. re-group and try and win matches till january and see if we can get some more signings then.

Don't get me wrong I didn't want sissoko at all for that amount but if you think January will be any better your all deluded. We've had our best start for years and one just one good signing would have everybody thinking fuck me Everton mean business. But what do we fucking get? How many players could we have got? Ziyech to Ajax? £11 mill why aren't we all over that? If Walsh is this insightful God he should have had 30 players lined up and got at least 4 in the last week.

I think they were our fall back targets , at the start of the window we were chasing loads of marquee signings , none of which fancied playing for a mid table side

We then had some success with lower calibre players before again chasing a high profile signing, and again the lure of a mid table side didn't prove to be too enticing and so we reverted back to other fallback options who either didn't want to know or their clubs were taking the piss with the asking price or didn't want to sell

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 1 month later...

On the bench for the Champions League game against Brugge...

Anyone following this guy? What is the story? Sure he scored a nice solo goal (only 1 this season) two games back but it was against relegation fodder and they cruised to a 3-0 victory that day.

Real talk. Only 119 minutes so far this season? Injury? Surplus at the moment? or not just worth the hype?

Anyone following this guy? What is the story? Sure he scored a nice solo goal (only 1 this season) two games back but it was against relegation fodder and they cruised to a 3-0 victory that day.

Real talk. Only 119 minutes so far this season? Injury? Surplus at the moment? or not just worth the hype?

Technically, I think he's one of the best around. He dribbles at players -- He's also very quick and very versatile, so he seems like the perfect player for Koeman.

That's just from what I've seen of him though, which granted is only a handful of games. I can't tell you too much more than that, but inconsistency seems to be one of his issues.

Edited by TonkaRoost

• 3 weeks later...

Been a whole month since I posted this above. Since then has played less than 90 minutes in total in all competitions. My questions still stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good too.

Doesn't look out of favour or unhappy and seems the main attack for Porto.

Can't see them wanting to sell him.

That goal is only the second of the season in all comps. Over the last week he has doubled his total minutes for Porto so hopefully that trend continues and makes the squad. One to watch I guess.

He made it clear he wanted to leave in the summer but obviously the move fell through. On that basis I'd say he's been used sparingly because they know he won't be around, so why play him?

This is my impression too. I think he would be a great signing for us if it were to happen. Technically, a very sound player.

He made it clear he wanted to leave in the summer but obviously the move fell through. On that basis I'd say he's been used sparingly because they know he won't be around, so why play him?

Let's hope it is that. Being skeptical due to the price tag associated with the player. Still holding out hope that Steve Walsh can still find the hidden gems. Hasn't even had one full window to work with yet.