IGNORED

Stoke City (Away)

markjazzbassist

Very easy to stick to your principles when you don't have much to lose. "I'll go down in flames and then go back to my £6m home and £4m in the bank..."

Really?

Taking Wigan down is one thing, if he helps get Everton relegated he's proper fucked, he has everything to lose.

Very surprised you would think any of his ilk are really driven by money.

Yes, the mention of Brendan Rodgers again... He figured out how to turn it around.

LP had a sub-par start to the season, fans were calling for BR's head, and he somehow changed the system and got them into a top-4 hunt.

What did he do that RM cannot? (Was it as simple as going 3-4-3?)

We have 10 games left. Best-case scenario, we come away with 15 points.

Newcastle (Should be a win, but who knows, given the past. But for the sake of argument, a Draw.)

QPR (Win.)
Southampton (Loss.)
Swansea City (Draw.)
Burnley FC (Win.)
Man United (Loss.)
Aston Villa (Win.)
Sunderland (Win.)
West Ham (Draw.)
Tottenham (Loss.)
43 points for the season. Crap finish, but no relegation.
That's my theory, ahem.

Can't assume that Villa and Sunderland are wins. Actually with our current form, those could easily be ship sinkers, in which case were fucked.

Can't assume that Villa and Sunderland are wins. Actually with our current form, those could easily be ship sinkers, in which case were fucked.

Watching Villa yesterday actually scared me, that's how bad we're looking. They are a terrible side, with a couple of good players, but they have much more speed to their play than we do (the England blind side probably attack with more speed than us), they actually look capable of fighting for points, and their football is much more conducive to getting the crowd behind them.

Worried about facing a poor Aston Villa... that's how far we've sunk this season.

Guest rusty747

The differences between us and all the teams below us are:

1. They know they are in a relegation scrap.

2. The other teams players are all fully together, committed and rolling their sleeves up and fighting for every ball.

3. They have an effective game plan.

4. They play to their strengths

5. They believe they can overhaul Everton

6. They have all either got a new manager and are seeing the new manager effect kick in or are fully behind and believe in the manager they have had all season.

In short, we are screwed but I still think we will just survive. Not good enough though.

Really?

Taking Wigan down is one thing, if he helps get Everton relegated he's proper fucked, he has everything to lose.

Very surprised you would think any of his ilk are really driven by money.

Not driven by money but secure enough not to have to readdress their principles. Security buys you a lot of arrogance.

Guest rusty747

But I thought the effect of a new manager doesn't happen until 12 months later?

I'm sure I've read that somewhere.....

Pulis at Palace last season, Sherwood has just won 2 on the bounce with Villa.

Not driven by money but secure enough not to have to readdress their principles. Security buys you a lot of arrogance.

I cant imagine how insecure that guy feels right now, in every aspect of his life.

He's under siege, and he can't fix it on his own, he needs help from the players and if he doesn't fix it he'll die all on his lonesome.

Guest rusty747

I got it :).

I really am being a bit dense aren't I?

Sorry guys - just flown from Japan to Dubai and my brain is still at 37,000 feet!

Guest rusty747

Flying is still statistically the safest way to travel. The problem is that when there is an incident or accident it is instant global news and that can, quite understandably, colour peoples perception. I fly almost 100 hours per month sitting up front and anything up to another 50 hours per month as a passenger. Nothing is 100% safe but I feel in much more danger on the drive to work than I ever do in an aeroplane.

Flying is still statistically the safest way to travel. The problem is that when there is an incident or accident it is instant global news and that can, quite understandably, colour peoples perception. I fly almost 100 hours per month sitting up front and anything up to another 50 hours per month as a passenger. Nothing is 100% safe but I feel in much more danger on the drive to work than I ever do in an aeroplane.

Statistics are great depending on how you read them ;)

I was only flying 4 hours a week as a passenger, but I dread it. Better now that I'm not flying anywhere near as much, and took the time to understand how the planes actually work, but I still would rather never set foot on a plane again.

Ironic really, I wanted to be a pilot until I was about 13!

Guest rusty747

My Dad would never fly. His logic was that if he went by car and it broke down, he could walk. If he went by ship and it sank, he could swim. But, as he used to take great delight in telling me - he couldn't fly a stroke!

Flying doesn't bother me at all; I enjoy take-off and landing but the bit in-between is boring, like being on a bus. Maybe I should try first class :P.

What are your thoughts on this theory Rusty?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31736835

(Way off topic but the game's history now)

Guest rusty747

No idea about MH370. It will no doubt be found one day but all options have to remain open at the moment.

Rusty Airways still have exactly the same number of take offs as landings so I guess we are pretty safe and reliable. I can certainly recommend first class. If I travel as passenger on duty I get business class, upgradeable to first if there is a seat in first for me. There usually is. I travelled first class from Dubai to Chicago and Japan to Dubai recently and it was a very pleasant experience. Dine on demand and a good choice on the a la carte menu. A seat that turns into a bed, complete with duvet, pillows and pyjamas and a personal wide screen tv with a huge choice of entertainment. Some of our aircraft are now streaming live tv via internet. I actually saw Jags equaliser v Liverpool live while en route from Singapore to Brisbane. The guy in the next suite must have wondered what the hell was going on as I couldn't help but celebrate.

The personal suites are superb too. You can just slide the privacy doors closed and it is like being in your own little bedroom.

So yes, everyone should try first class at least once in their life.

Edited by rusty747

No idea about MH370. It will no doubt be found one day but all options have to remain open at the moment.

Rusty Airways still have exactly the same number of take offs as landings so I guess we are pretty safe and reliable. I can certainly recommend first class. If I travel as passenger on duty I get business class, upgradeable to first if there is a seat in first for me. There usually is. I travelled first class from Dubai to Chicago and Japan to Dubai recently and it was a very pleasant experience. Dine on demand and a good choice on the a la carte menu. A seat that turns into a bed, complete with duvet, pillows and pyjamas and a personal wide screen tv with a huge choice of entertainment. Some of our aircraft are now streaming live tv via internet. I actually saw Jags equaliser v Liverpool live while en route from Singapore to Brisbane. The guy in the next suite must have wondered what the hell was going on as I couldn't help but celebrate.

The personal suites are superb too. You can just slide the privacy doors closed and it is like being in your own little bedroom.

So yes, everyone should try first class at least once in their life.

My brother always gets at least business class; works for Airbus and travels worldwide. Mother-in-law flew first to Oz recently. Definitely plan to blow a portion of my inheritance on it one day just for the experience. Sadly my mother + in-laws show no signs of dying at all just yet, even though they're all in their eighties.

Selfish I call it :shaking fist:.

My brother always gets at least business class; works for Airbus and travels worldwide. Mother-in-law flew first to Oz recently. Definitely plan to blow a portion of my inheritance on it one day just for the experience. Sadly my mother + in-laws show no signs of dying at all just yet, even though they're all in their eighties.

Selfish I call it :shaking fist:.

Bump the bitch off

It can be arranged for a slice of that inheritance :P