IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa H)

Btay

Howard has to share the blame with whoever was supposed to be marking their scorer - Barkley?

granted he should have been picked up but that's what the keeper is for, not compound the error

after a mistake by the back 4 it was still a school boy error it was right next to him

bread and butter save for any pro keeper.

granted he should have been picked up but that's what the keeper is for, not compound the error

after a mistake by the back 4 it was still a school boy error it was right next to him

bread and butter save for any pro keeper.

If Howard was stood on his front post, then yeah, fair enough.

Howard starting position is at the halfway point of our goal. Pretty standard for a starting position of any GK defending a corner. The time it takes from the corner being taken to hitting the back of the net is about 1 - 1.5 seconds. In that time Howard has to realise where the ball is going to go, that a player has FREELY moved to hit it and that he needs to move his arse to the front post. He got to his front post, but the finish was excellent and went quite high into the net. It was a brilliant and well executed corner. Clearly worked on in training over and over.

No blame for anyone really. Including Howard.

Howard has to share the blame with whoever was supposed to be marking their scorer - Barkley?

It was a comedy of errors, we were defending like the keystone cops.

I think it started with a poor header by Alcaraz followed up by McCarthy's miskick to give away a cheap corner. Then barkley went to sleep leaving his man to slot easily pat the hapless Howard

It was a comedy of errors, we were defending like the keystone cops.

I think it started with a poor header by Alcaraz followed up by McCarthy's miskick to give away a cheap corner. Then barkley went to sleep leaving his man to slot easily pat the hapless Howard

Barkley got blocked? That bit was clever too. And the finish wasn't very easy. At the point of contact, the bloke is on the edge of our 6 yard box, about 2 yards in front of the near post. Really smart finish I thought.

Barkley got blocked? That bit was clever too. And the finish wasn't very easy. At the point of contact, the bloke is on the edge of our 6 yard box, about 2 yards in front of the near post. Really smart finish I thought.

was a nice goal Barkley and McCarthy asleep

If Howard was stood on his front post, then yeah, fair enough.

Howard starting position is at the halfway point of our goal. Pretty standard for a starting position of any GK defending a corner. The time it takes from the corner being taken to hitting the back of the net is about 1 - 1.5 seconds. In that time Howard has to realise where the ball is going to go, that a player has FREELY moved to hit it and that he needs to move his arse to the front post. He got to his front post, but the finish was excellent and went quite high into the net. It was a brilliant and well executed corner. Clearly worked on in training over and over.

No blame for anyone really. Including Howard.

it went in 2 inches from his arm that went straight up like the Chelsea goal

he moves it to the right no problem his reflexes have gone he can not get off the ground had there been more shots on target

we would not be going to kyiv with a lead

Barkley got blocked? That bit was clever too.

Is there no such thing as "obstruction" any more? Serious question; the pundits were saying it was a clever bit of play but is it strictly legal? It was certainly a pre-meditated act to take a player out of the game which worked a treat, but it was certainly a well taken goal and harsh to blame Howard for it.

People are picking Sunday's team with Howard in it Crusty because we all know he'll be in it, whether we agree with it or not.

it went in 2 inches from his arm that went straight up like the Chelsea goal

he moves it to the right no problem his reflexes have gone he can not get off the ground had there been more shots on target

we would not be going to kyiv with a lead

Well that's your view. So fair enough.

At the end of it all, we can't look to blame him for every goal we concede. Credible posters ruin themselves when blinded by pure dislike of a certain player. All 'ifs and buts'. It's a shame really.

Is there no such thing as "obstruction" any more? Serious question; the pundits were saying it was a clever bit of play but is it strictly legal? It was certainly a pre-meditated act to take a player out of the game which worked a treat, but it was certainly a well taken goal and harsh to blame Howard for it.

People are picking Sunday's team with Howard in it Crusty because we all know he'll be in it, whether we agree with it or not.

I think it's clever manipulation of the situation. We all know now that so much goes on in the penalty area for corners.

I'm not sure if it's legal, the lines are seriously blurred now aren't they?

Crikey, when was the last decision for obstruction?! Does it happen anymore?!!

To be honest I didn't notice that and haven't seen it on TV yet so fair enough . My frustration on the night was more aimed at Alcaraz and McCarthy for conceding the corner in the first place

I think it's clever manipulation of the situation. We all know now that so much goes on in the penalty area for corners.

I'm not sure if it's legal, the lines are seriously blurred now aren't they?

Crikey, when was the last decision for obstruction? Does it happen anymore?!!

It used to be an indirect free kick. Can't remember last time I saw one of those round the box either. Almost everything seems to be a direct shot on goal from the dead ball.

No way Howard is to blame for that goal. If you whip in a ball at pace, the amount of time it takes for the ball to travel 6 yards once someone gets a foot on it (with good contact, too), is miniscule. That could have beaten any keeper in the world. Yes Howard is in shit form but blaming him for that goal is ridiculous.

To be honest I didn't notice that and haven't seen it on TV yet so fair enough . My frustration on the night was more aimed at Alcaraz and McCarthy for conceding the corner in the first place

Im a sad twat and watched it several times on YouTube before commenting as I couldn't remember thinking Howard was to blame. I don't think Barkley can be blamed either. If they could, I would say. I think I blamed Barkley at first for not following his man...but then seen the block on the replays.

Im a sad twat and watched it several times on YouTube before commenting as I couldn't remember thinking Howard was to blame. I don't think Barkley can be blamed either. If they could, I would say. I think I blamed Barkley at first for not following his man...but then seen the block on the replays.

Just watched it on EvertonTV and yeah fair cop your right. Also think Pearso has a point its a bit harsh to blame Howard

Still pissed off at Alcaraz and McCarthy though :shaking fist:

Just watched it on EvertonTV and yeah fair cop your right. Also think Pearso has a point its a bit harsh to blame Howard

Still pissed off at Alcaraz and McCarthy though :shaking fist:

For sure we should never have given away the corner, no question about that.

No way Howard is to blame for that goal. If you whip in a ball at pace, the amount of time it takes for the ball to travel 6 yards once someone gets a foot on it (with good contact, too), is miniscule. That could have beaten any keeper in the world. Yes Howard is in shit form but blaming him for that goal is ridiculous.

part of Howards problem and its been discussed on many football programs including MOTD is he always goes to ground so if you

in on goal aim high cos hes going down as he did on this occasion had he stayed upright and made himself big

the ball would have hit him basic keeping can not understand why you can not see it obviously either a howard fan or don't understand basic keeping