IGNORED

Ospina

Venger probably wants Cech as an organiser for the back 4 as much as his goal keeping ability. Ospina certainly improved Arsenals defence when he replaced Szczęsny.

Ospina would be good but I can only see it happening if Howards does go back tot he states, there must be several MLS teams that would love to have him behind the sticks.

That sounds quite positive!

I think it was also taken out of context. The rest of the article (original) does state that he's prepared to stay at Arsenal and learn from Cech.

I'd love it. Really would. Asia would be a fantastic opportunity for Roberto to talk to him.

Also, quick stat.

1578652.jpg

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/9908962/David-Ospina-hints-at-Everton-interest-but-wants-Arsenal-stay

The Colombia international keeper impressed at the Emirates last term after he took over from Wojciech Szczesny, but he could be relegated back to the bench next season after Cech made the move across London from Chelsea.

Cech's arrival has sparked reports that Ospina could leave Arsenal, but he insists he wants to stay at the club.

Speaking to AS Colombia, he said: "As of today, I am an Arsenal goalkeeper. I have four years left on my contract. Let's see what happens. Now I am mentally prepared to continue at Arsenal, to continue showing my level and everything David Ospina can offer to Arsenal."

Ospina has been linked with a transfer to Everton, and he has hinted that he would open to a move to Goodison Park if he has to leave the Emirates.

"Everton? They are a very competitive team, that showed important things last season, with a good coach, and that plays good football. They are a team to take into account and a big possibility," he added.

"There are some (other) possibilities, but my mind is on Arsenal. I want to continue there. I am very happy in London and so are my family, so therefore I hope at least to respect the contract, which is for another four years."

The Colombian is also looking forward to working with Cech, saying: "Now an excellent keeper has arrived who I admire. During my holidays I'm analysing a lot of things and then I'll have a conversation with the manager.

"For me, it will be an honour to play alongside a keeper with that experience. A goalkeeper keeps learning every day."

id gladly take him on loan or bought outright. either way i'm good with. loan to buy would be nice.

Me too Mark I wouldn't mind loaning him for a season or so and considering his age and that they only bought him a season ago it's probably what will happen if he does decide to move on

Edited by EFC-Paul

Me too Mark I wouldn't mind loaning him for a season or so and considering his age and that they only bought him a season ago it's probably what will happen if he does decide to move on

paul i will take him any way we can. a quality keeper is a must. could be the difference for us this year, we have a good backline and with gerry are getting better on the attack. a keeper and 10 for me.

Must say, overall, I have always been reasonably happy with Howard. Not saying that I wouldn't be pleased to see ospina join us but Howard is a lot better than some. What do you guys think the chances of shaqiri joining us are? And if so, would he slot in well? What about the rumour of sergi roberto joining? Any truth in it?

Must say, overall, I have always been reasonably happy with Howard. Not saying that I wouldn't be pleased to see ospina join us but Howard is a lot better than some. What do you guys think the chances of shaqiri joining us are? And if so, would he slot in well? What about the rumour of sergi roberto joining? Any truth in it?

Hey Tim ;)

Statistically, he's not a lot better than some, if your comparisons are Goalkeepers from the Premier League or Europe. In comparison to lower leagues, he will probably be better, yes. Joking aside, he has been a fantastic player for the club. He's saved us points left, right and center for years but the last couple of seasons in particular, have seen his performances waver.

He always had issues with commanding his defenders and box, not overly confident on crosses and had an inability to rush onto a player early and leave himself in no-mans on quite a few occasions. BUT he was a fabulous shot stopper (last season not included). Last year saw his decision making take a massive downward trajectory, not even sure why? After his WC heroics, I expected his confidence to be sky high but it never happened!?

His professionalism is second to none though, he seems a really decent guy and genuinely hope he does well wherever it may be. Just late, he's losing sides of his game that were his positive attributes, which is worrying.

If it can improve, brill but my personal worry is that age isn't on his side and we're seeing a slow decline. Will he get better? Doubt it.

Ospina is a very experienced keeper for his age and as someone has pointed out previously, reminds me of Howard back when we first bought him. He does have age on his side and has proved at a high pressure club, he's got the ability to succeed. I have no doubts, if it wasn't for Cech's arrival, Ospina would have been the Gunners number 1 for some time!

In regards to Shaqiri. An inconsistent but brilliant footballer, who has a lot of characteristics which could help him in this league. His 'style' of football is to hustle opponents, get the ball moving quickly and thread in his team mates. He's a 'rush' player (which can lead to loss of possession and temper issues). He has to be in support of Rom for me. He's played regularly on the wing but I remember an article from a couple of seasons ago where the Swiss national team wanted to develop him into a central player (predominately because he's not the hardest at defensive work) but they were awash with central players. He could really thrive behind Rom, getting the ball quickly and moving it forward at pace. He can see a pass too (although his assist record isn't great) but he tries it, which is something we lacked.

In regards to Roberto, i'm very much 'meh' on him. Could be a useful player but would he offer anything to us? Only if Besic is injured long term, possibly. Barca fans don't rate him that much and are happy at the idea of him leaving (i'll take it with a pinch of salt because they constantly compare him for his ability to replace Xavi (& play with Iniesta) which is never the fairest comparison) but he could be 'good enough' for us certainly. I haven't personally seen enough of him to really cement an opinion on him as a footballer, so it's hard to comment. Is there any truth? Knowing our history, dealing with Barca, quite possibly.

Cool man, thanks for that. Very in depth reply, much appreciated. You seem to know your shit, so will go with you on all the above. Pretty excited to see Deolofeu back. I saw that martinez said there will be no major signing's this summer, whats that about? Maybe he should go... ;)

Cool man, thanks for that. Very in depth reply, much appreciated. You seem to know your shit, so will go with you on all the above. Pretty excited to see Deolofeu back. I saw that martinez said there will be no major signing's this summer, whats that about? Maybe he should go... ;)

dont trust him, he's nothing but trouble that one :shaking fist:

:P