IGNORED

Keisuke Honda

You searched for a 4 year old thread to paste that link Dunc you sad git ? doh.gif

That's just good knowledge (that we've been linked in the past) and good forum tidiness (keeping it all in one thread). Doubt it took much trawling either - maybe just H-O-N-D-A in the search box!

This isn't a good advertisement for your forum Av - nothing worse than a messy forum... a happy forum is an organised forum (or the other way round!) wink.png

What a load of bollocks lol.

There's organised, and there's ridiculous. Life is not meant to be so 'ordered'. Live a bit. wink.png Be bold, and daring, and start a bleeding thread you big nancy. happy.png

What ever would we do without rules for you to enforce Matt ?

Well done. Have a star.

think you'll find I wasnt enforcing the rules, just pointing them out.

Thanks for the star, i'll put it along with all the fucks I give for sarcastic comments :)

think you'll find I wasnt enforcing the rules, just pointing them out.

Thanks for the star, i'll put it along with all the fucks I give for sarcastic comments smile.png

You don't half push the wrong buttons with me Matt.dont%20know.gif

The forum rules were written 9 years ago by a lad who hasn't been around for 4, so maybe it's time they were looked at, and updated, rather than pointed to?

You might find that they ask for folk not to swear too, but that doesn't apply to you, because you have a star and are therefore above them. They ask for no sectarian or religious abuse, yet that doesn't stop folk taking the piss out of the Pope.

In other words, don't create a rod for your own back mate, as once you start becoming the 'Rules police' you need to follow them yourself, and you don't, as most of us don't, as they are guidelines, which expect an element of common sense.

I was having a laugh with Carlos and Dunc, so feel free to sit down and think of some more rules you'd like us all to follow if it makes your day complete. rolleyes.gif

You don't half push the wrong buttons with me Matt.dont%20know.gif

The forum rules were written 9 years ago by a lad who hasn't been around for 4, so maybe it's time they were looked at, and updated, rather than pointed to?

You might find that they ask for folk not to swear too, but that doesn't apply to you, because you have a star and are therefore above them. They ask for no sectarian or religious abuse, yet that doesn't stop folk taking the piss out of the Pope.

In other words, don't create a rod for your own back mate, as once you start becoming the 'Rules police' you need to follow them yourself, and you don't, as most of us don't, as they are guidelines, which expect an element of common sense.

I was having a laugh with Carlos and Dunc, so feel free to sit down and think of some more rules you'd like us all to follow if it makes your day complete. rolleyes.gif

apologies, felt your previous comment you meant as a cheeky snipe. Was suppose to be a smart arsed retort, light hearted, nothing more, since I thought we were getting on a bit better recently. Shame you couldn't take it the same way. Maybe, as you've consistently told me, you should lighten up.

The rules are there for a reason (although apparently you've not read them: They don't ask people not to swear, they say try to avoid. There's also the bit about this not being a PG site, and only malicious swearing will not be tolerated) and they're not my rules. On top of that, they're quite general and mostly common sense based, so what's to change? Apparently the role of a mod is to encourage people to follow them.

I only ask you stop calling me mate, since I am apparently the person you like to abuse for no apparent reason. I doubt if I spoke to you the same way you have spoken to me (or about me when I've not even been involved) on your forum, I would still be allowed there. If you want to carry on this personal attack, feel free to PM me, where I will file aforementioned PMs along with the star and the fucks I don't give. Or PM one of the other mods/admin, I don't care. I'm just not playing your games any more and I'm not going to pussy-foot around when responding to a comment you make when I disagree with it.

If you want to just get on, I'm all for it. We could just stick to Bonamassas amazing guitar skills if thats safer. Seriously. The choice is yours.

Why's it always tea people spit out when they laugh reading something?

It's because tea drinkers have no self control....they're just so impressionable and emotional.

Never touch the stuff myself.

Black coffee is what real men drink (milk is for girls and children)....we never spitcool.png.

apologies, felt your previous comment you meant as a cheeky snipe. Was suppose to be a smart arsed retort, light hearted, nothing more, since I thought we were getting on a bit better recently. Shame you couldn't take it the same way. Maybe, as you've consistently told me, you should lighten up.

The rules are there for a reason (although apparently you've not read them: They don't ask people not to swear, they say try to avoid. There's also the bit about this not being a PG site, and only malicious swearing will not be tolerated) and they're not my rules. On top of that, they're quite general and mostly common sense based, so what's to change? Apparently the role of a mod is to encourage people to follow them.

I only ask you stop calling me mate, since I am apparently the person you like to abuse for no apparent reason. I doubt if I spoke to you the same way you have spoken to me (or about me when I've not even been involved) on your forum, I would still be allowed there. If you want to carry on this personal attack, feel free to PM me, where I will file aforementioned PMs along with the star and the fucks I don't give. Or PM one of the other mods/admin, I don't care. I'm just not playing your games any more and I'm not going to pussy-foot around when responding to a comment you make when I disagree with it.

If you want to just get on, I'm all for it. We could just stick to Bonamassas amazing guitar skills if thats safer. Seriously. The choice is yours.

Matt, I'm aware that folk have feelings, so I'm not going to get into silly debate about anything that might cause your feelings to be hurt, but there are one or two things that don't sit well between us, and they are all very simple.

If you want to get on better with me, stop looking for the fancy lines, and the smart replies, and just be a genuine bloke. A perfect example is this current 'Fucks that I couldn't give' thing you keep trying to get right, but keep messing up. It has the opposite effect from that which you desire, and simply makes you seem more interested in how you say something, and wanting to be the clever guy, than what you actually want to say. Humour is great, but sarcasm is an art best left to those who don't mind an occasional verbal bat across the head.

Whoever came out with the comment "It's not what you say, it's how you say it" confused a lot of folk. Be genuine. Be honest, and be to the point, and you'll earn my respect, but some of your comments over the years have left you wide open, and you know the ones I speak of.

I don't mind moderators when they are needed, but on a forum that averages a handful of people online at any time, most of whom have been here for years, it's probably best to quit with the I'm a Mod' approach, and 'These are the rules', as it comes across a bit like a Monty Python sketch, where you have a group of Supervisors sat in an office, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the day the new recruit opens the door, so they can 'Supervise' them, (in a piss taking French accent only the MP team could speak).

So drop the bollocks and we'll get on great mate, but quit pointing to rules written by a fat Everton fan (sorry Pat) scratching his arse on the Internet nearly 10 years ago wondering what to write down, like they're the flipping 10 commandments, and realise doing so is just strangling the site, and any natural course it may take.

We all loved you so much better when you were just a member talking shite like everybody else.

Matt, I'm aware that folk have feelings, so I'm not going to get into silly debate about anything that might cause your feelings to be hurt, but there are one or two things that don't sit well between us, and they are all very simple.

If you want to get on better with me, stop looking for the fancy lines, and the smart replies, and just be a genuine bloke. A perfect example is this current 'Fucks that I couldn't give' thing you keep trying to get right, but keep messing up. It has the opposite effect from that which you desire, and simply makes you seem more interested in how you say something, and wanting to be the clever guy, than what you actually want to say. Humour is great, but sarcasm is an art best left to those who don't mind an occasional verbal bat across the head.

Whoever came out with the comment "It's not what you say, it's how you say it" confused a lot of folk. Be genuine. Be honest, and be to the point, and you'll earn my respect, but some of your comments over the years have left you wide open, and you know the ones I speak of.

I don't mind moderators when they are needed, but on a forum that averages a handful of people online at any time, most of whom have been here for years, it's probably best to quit with the I'm a Mod' approach, and 'These are the rules', as it comes across a bit like a Monty Python sketch, where you have a group of Supervisors sat in an office, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the day the new recruit opens the door, so they can 'Supervise' them, (in a piss taking French accent only the MP team could speak).

So drop the bollocks and we'll get on great mate, but quit pointing to rules written by a fat Everton fan (sorry Pat) scratching his arse on the Internet nearly 10 years ago wondering what to write down, like they're the flipping 10 commandments, and realise doing so is just strangling the site, and any natural course it may take.

We all loved you so much better when you were just a member talking shite like everybody else.

Its only you who has this problem with the change, and with me. Ive not changed.

With regards to stuff I do for moderating, its just about keeping a clean house. Its not my house, im not going to tell the owner how to decorate or how to run the place (thats just rude in my opinion, and ungrateful). I will maintain the place based on how things have been done before I joined. If you have suggestions of improvements, please add them to the forum:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-comments-suggestions/

I was being tongue-in-cheek, like you are with so many. Everyone else gets when i do, so im not "doing it wrong". How its interpreted is something I cannot control and again, only you seem to take umbrage.

Last I will say on the matter.

Edited by Matt

Its only you who has this problem with the change, and with me. Ive not changed.

With regards to stuff I do for moderating, its just about keeping a clean house. Its not my house, im not going to tell the owner how to decorate or how to run the place (thats just rude in my opinion, and ungrateful). I will maintain the place based on how things have been done before I joined. If you have suggestions of improvements, please add them to the forum:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-comments-suggestions/

I was being tongue-in-cheek, like you are with so many. Everyone else gets when i do, so im not "doing it wrong". How its interpreted is something I cannot control and again, only you seem to take umbrage.

Last I will say on the matter.

Matt, that would be truly wonderful.

• 3 months later...
Guest blueboy122

Honda was outstanding tonight, first time I have seen him play properly and was impressed. Such a team player and can pull off the tricks in the right area's. Is he only 26 I thought he was alot older seems as though he has been round for years.

Agree with Louis the tournament has been great. What is meant by the confederations cup though? Could England participate if they wanted?

Agree with Louis the tournament has been great. What is meant by the confederations cup though? Could England participate if they wanted?

It's contested every four years between the champions of the six FIFA confederations (Europe, Africa, Oceania, South America, North/Central America & Asia) plus the World Cup holders and the host nation.

Bit of a meaningless tournament really but entertaining so far this year (probably because it's meaningless so no big pressure).

It's contested every four years between the champions of the six FIFA confederations (Europe, Africa, Oceania, South America, North/Central America & Asia) plus the World Cup holders and the host nation.

Bit of a meaningless tournament really but entertaining so far this year (probably because it's meaningless so no big pressure).

I agree it's a bit meaningless in terms of competition but it normally takes place as a 'trial run' for the host nation so they can make sure the stadiums don't fall down or the police don't brutalise fans!

Never seen him play but from all accounts he is a top player. Why would he sign for us? Don't get me wrong if I was he id sign now but why would he? that rhymed