IGNORED

Reading (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

I wish that Gerry would man up and not let the crowd get on his back. He just kicked out stupidly at the defender then. He's going to do something stupid soon enough...

Think half time came at the perfect time for him. Roberto should put his arm around his shoulder and tell him, "you've skinned these lots a couple of times already, calm down you're a better player than they are keep your composure"

Deulofeu has the same attraction and treatment as young Ronaldo had.

Ronaldo found a way to go past his older antics (diving, non-threat, let the opposition and fans frustrate him) and deliver the end product we all see now for Madrid.

I'm not saying that Deulofeu will end up as him (we wish) but I see the guy has the tools. I really like when he goes directly at defenders, but he can add a trick or two to his repertoire to be less predictable.

Other than that, who is playing on the left? We only use one side on attack, and Funes Mori is clearly not a LB.

Think it's harsh to say it was totally his fault because it was a great cross, but he's not looking like a left back to me; nearly cost us a goal earlier.

Seen the reply. It was a good cross, but his defending was piss poor. He just let their player run in front of him and score. No awareness or intensity. He didn't even appear to notice until the guy was past him.

There is a tempo clash: Reading are happy to sit back and defend with numbers, and we only use one side of attack. Despite the best efforts of Deulofeu, Lennon, Barkley and Kone to link up, it is too clogged in that area.

Then Reading attack faster and we struggle because Lennon and Mori are not naturals in their position and our players are running back.

Lukaku lacks service, but when he's got it he hasn't done anything with it.