IGNORED

Reading (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Must win for me, it will be Tuesday so short rest for those who played saturday but a must win for me. I'd like to see this lineup

Robles

Browning Jags Mori Galloway

McCarthy Gibson/Barry

Lennon Barkley Gerry

Lukaku

Stones took a couple knocks in the Swansea match so I'm resting him here. Have Gibson in there if fit he can give Barry a rest to keep Barry fresh all season. Other than that it's a solid lineup. Lennon to cover for Browning and Barkley Gerry and ROmelu give it a go with pace and attack.

Guest rusty747

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Oviedo

McCarthy Gibson

Lennon Barkley Del Boy

Kone

Bench

Howard Browning Galloway Besic or Barry Osman Nais Lukaku

Edited by rusty747

rusty do you not want to go any further in this competition ?

It doesn't matter what team we put out, we're going to lose. It's the League Cup so it's the Everton way; accept the inevitable. Even if we were to somehow win it'd just prolong the agony, get it over with I say, play the under sixteens.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Oviedo

McCarthy Gibson

Lennon Barkley Del Boy

Kone

Bench

Howard Browning Galloway Besic or Barry Osman Nais Lukaku

Coleman is coming back from injury west brom will be his match back to make sure he's healthy I imagine. Oviedo is out so he won't play.

I'd like a win here, because we've been so awful in the past, now is a good time to change our fortunes and win this thing. Free Europa and a trophy victory are great. COYB

Hi there guys ...

Our Match presentation is here: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10364883/1

You know us well enough by now, never any winding up from our side. To the contrary, full of respect.

Just wondered how you'd sum up your season start, and also if you have any notions of Reading, after all it's virtually a complete new team?!!

Hi there guys ...

Our Match presentation is here: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10364883/1

You know us well enough by now, never any winding up from our side. To the contrary, full of respect.

Just wondered how you'd sum up your season start, and also if you have any notions of Reading, after all it's virtually a complete new team?!!

Season start for us has been mixed. Some good soton Chelsea, some bad watford, some ok Spurs Swansea man city.

I remember when your team was in the premier league so respect you guys and I follow you week in and out because you have a US international Danny Williams. Danny has grown a lot since joining your club so my only guess is you have a good setup and team and he's improved a lot which means the atmosphere you have is positive.

It will be a great match, we are perennially terrible in this cup competition so we all fear the worst. It being away benefits your side. We're hoping for the strongest possible lineup because we desperately need trophy.

I remember when your team was in the premier league so respect you guys and I follow you week in and out because you have a US international Danny Williams. Danny has grown a lot since joining your club so my only guess is you have a good setup and team and he's improved a lot which means the atmosphere you have is positive.

He had one hell of a wonder goal for the USMNT against Brazil earlier this month. I will be excited to see what he has to offer if he gets the start. Is he a regular starter for Reading?

I'd like a win here, because we've been so awful in the past, now is a good time to change our fortunes and win this thing. Free Europa and a trophy victory are great. COYB

This. Martinez must lead the boys to the precious metal Everton so desperatley need. Everton can't fall asleep like they did against Barnsley. I don't think Reading will be as forgiving.

Coleman is coming back from injury west brom will be his match back to make sure he's healthy I imagine. Oviedo is out so he won't play.

cloud-cuckoo-land2.jpg

He had one hell of a wonder goal for the USMNT against Brazil earlier this month. I will be excited to see what he has to offer if he gets the start. Is he a regular starter for Reading?

This. Martinez must lead the boys to the precious metal Everton so desperatley need. Everton can't fall asleep like they did against Barnsley. I don't think Reading will be as forgiving.

Yes as daibo said he starts week in and out in central midfield. He's grown a ton since he left the bundesliga.

No more Adam Le fondre, pavel pogrebneyak, federici, yes you're right daibo I barely recognize the squad.

What is your hope for your squad? Promotion within reach or just another solid championship year and growth for a run next year?

Our predos are currently as below. And I think that's it, really it could go any way! Reading also blow hot and cold, though hopes are now picking up as players start to click together. They're good enough to mount a promotion campaign... at least on paper!!

Full Time Result Reading Win (90 mins) 3 (33.3%)
Reading Win (Extra Time) 3 (33.3%)
Reading Win (Penalties) 0 (0%)
Everton Win (90 mins) 3 (33.3%)
Everton Win (Extra Time) 0 (0%)
Everton Win (Penalties) 0 (0%)

Guest rusty747

If Oviedo isn't fit (I was led to believe he is) then Galloway for Oviedo in my team. Similarly, Browning for Coleman. Gibson I also thought was fit and should be raring to go and keen to start his rehabilitation in the eyes of the supporters by actually contributing something on the pitch.

I still think my initial team will be too good for Reading.

If Oviedo isn't fit (I was led to believe he is) then Galloway for Oviedo in my team. Similarly, Browning for Coleman. Gibson I also thought was fit and should be raring to go and keen to start his rehabilitation in the eyes of the supporters by actually contributing something on the pitch.

I still think my initial team will be too good for Reading.

Was about to make the same suggestions.

The Pope is in town this week so the Government has asked everyone to work from home because the city is going to be under super high security. Means I get to stay home and pretend to work while I watch this match. Thanks Pope!

Praise the Lord (I knew he'd come in useful one day)!

Fingers crossed I hope your both right.

But if we are playing a weakened team I would expect ossie to play and I'd like to see Rodriguez involved.

Great points patto. Here's weakened team

Robles

Browning Jags Mori Galloway

McCarthy Gibson

Gerry Osman Lennon

Leandro

I think that team could pull off a win but I'd like to see a couple more starters and actually win this.

I think Mori should get some time, he needs the experience in English environments, so he's ready to step up should the worst happen.

Robles
Browning Stones Mori Galloway
McCarthy Barry
Lennon Osman Deulofeu
Kone (for Haf)

Bench: Howard, Jags, Oviedo, Barkley, Naismith, Lukaku

SHOULD be good enough. But we've seen it before, where our second string players just can't gel or step up. Bring on Barkley, Naismith and Lukaku at the end of the game, as players are tiring.

It'll be a tough one. Think we'll go behind but claw it back.

Reading 1 - 3 Everton