IGNORED

Reading (League Cup Away)

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Lukaku worries me. Not just because he is having a bit of an off spell either. It is more because he is rapidly looking like a square peg in a round hole with regards to the way we are evolving as a team.

well done boys. The Royals were sharp in the first half and looked enjoyable but we couldn't keep it up ... no complaints.

Actually though football got dwarfed tonight, one of our best RR posters saw his mother pass away this afternoon with a massive heart attack, sort of brings it all into proportion.

Back soon with an Inter-Forums Positions game update ...

David

david it was a good match. 8 changes and you went head to head with us. had you had my american compatriot danny williams in there earlier it sounded like you would have done better. i listened on the radio and he was all over the place once he came on the pitch, seemed very positive performance from him.

cheers and good luck with your campaign in the championship!

well done boys. The Royals were sharp in the first half and looked enjoyable but we couldn't keep it up ... no complaints.

Actually though football got dwarfed tonight, one of our best RR posters saw his mother pass away this afternoon with a massive heart attack, sort of brings it all into proportion.

David

Proportion is all Dave, condolences to your mate.

Sounds like it's the best for the forum that I missed this one, been out for wife's birthday.

Received several texts off mate at the game basically saying Rom has produced his worst showing yet. Twitter feeds pretty much said that he was awful in both effort and touch.

Made up for Barkley and Gerry. Great to have 2 young players who can get you off your seat. Fingers crossed stones is ok.

Yeah was dreadful.

This pretty much sums it up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-1-2-everton-player-10112752

There was one player worse, but we can't talk about him.

At the rate Rom is going we may have to sign Tommy Johnson, John Spencer, Nick Chadwick or Brett Angel just so someone can get 1 out of 10 when he gets 2 out of 10.

Seriously though some Reading fans were getting excited at their 4th choice centre half having a "30m striker in his pocket".

I know I'm tough on the lad but there seems to be something very wrong with him. Let's cut this shit about Kone - he is a squad striker who we signed as a direct swap for anichebe and was the same price as Jelavic. He is not supposed to be able to lace the Belgians boots.

In January the money that we were supposed to spend on Yarmolenko needs to go on a striker. It's as simple as that.

I thought I was going to be able to watch but sadly the boss wouldn't release me. Sounds like Lukaku had a mare. Nonetheless, I'm glad the boys won--no style points and all that. Is there a reason we wouldn't get a home game this time around since the first two were on the road? (Or is this just a straight blind draw?)

Cheers to Reading--will be watching them to the extent I can as Danny Williams seems like he's improved a lot for the USMNT.

Massive banana skin avoided, league cup early round away at a decent lower level team, the type of game so easily lost.

Didn't see it, sounds like we just about did the business, in the cup, that's all that matters.

Barkley scoring can only be good for the team, he needs to shoot from the edge of the area when he can.

Massive banana skin avoided, league cup early round away at a decent lower level team, the type of game so easily lost.

Absolutely agree. I was nervous, because the game was away against one of the better teams in the Championship. We've seen plenty of upsets in this competition in just that scenario. This was a solid win, and now the competition gets serious.

David

all the best to your mate, David.