• Ramiro Funes Mori
    • Leighton Baines
    • Gareth Barry
    • Tom Cleverley
    • Ross Barkley
    • Arouna Kone
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Gerard Deulofeu

Current Player of the Season standings...

Gerard Deulofeu...128

Romelu Lukaku...124

Ross Barkley...67

Arouna Kone...48

Steven Naismith...45

Tim Howard...35

Seamus Coleman...32

Brendan Galloway...21

Gareth Barry...21

John Stones...19

Joel Robles...18

Ramiro Funes Mori...12

Tom Cleverley...11

James McCarthy...9

Phil Jagielka...5

Bryan Oviedo...2

Aaron Lennon...1

Previous MOTM winners...

Crystal Palace (H)...Romelu Lukaku

Bournemouth (A)...James McCarthy

Aston Villa (H)...Gerard Deulofeu

West Ham (A)...Gerard Deulofeu

Sunderland (H)...Arouna Kone

Norwich (H)...Joel Robles

Arsenal (A)...Brendon Galloway

Manchester United {H)...Romelu Lukaku

Liverpool (H)...Romelu Lukaku

West Brom (A)...Gerard Deulofeu

Reading (A)...Ross Barkley

Swansea (A)...Ross Barkley

Chelsea (H)...Steven Naismith

Tottenham (A)...Tim Howard

Barnsley (A)...Gerard Deulofeu

Manchester City (H)...Seamus Coleman

Southampton (A)...Romelu Lukaku

Watford (H)...Arouna Kone

Classic tale of two halves, should have been out of sight after half an hour!

Think we were rocked by that early equaliser from yet another corner !! and never recovered our composure.

It looks like every time we defend a corner we will concede and I think a lot of that is down to Howard who is constantly rooted to the spot on the goal line.

Surely it's now time to drop him.

Gave my vote to Barry though I thought Cleverley was excellent as well.

Edited by BigTruck

Cleverley. Most touches, most passes completed, highest pass completion, most tackles, always made intelligent touches that either got us forward quickly or stopped a Norwich threat entirely.

He's really come back into the form he showed at the beginning of the season. I was worried he wouldn't get back there. But, he's performing well. It's a shame that Barkley and our back 4 have dropped off.

No. Selling McCarthy would be absolutely retarded. I don't know why you think McCarthy is so worthless. But, you're utterly wrong for thinking so.

We don't have money for transfers we need to sell to buy look at the books. Turned a profit selling fellaini and Vic but this year At a loss since we bought Lukaku. Players have to go to keep us the same pace, it was the same with moyes. Not sure how you don't grasp that. So you look at assets and see who you could lose. Clev did his job on the cheap today and we didn't miss James one bit. James worth 15-20m and clev on a free. Sell James. Called logic bud. That will help us to stay afloat financially and bring in more players to keep giving it a go. Otherwise he gets old and is worth not much and we don't get anything in return.

Will never happen because rm loves McCarthy but I would rather see him go than Lukaku or stones.

I hate it when we always play two holding midfielders and we have four in our squad why?

Because they are great players and allow our full-backs to get forward, as well as covering Stones when he goes on a stroll up the pitch (Mori to an extent also).

Nothing wrong with the system in that respect imo, works well for us.

I hate it when we always play two holding midfielders and we have four in our squad why?

It's been mentioned before Roberto himself was a holding mid and loves those players. Arsenal champs league every year have 1 holding mid full stop. Their full backs attack just as much so that argument is bunk. Same with man city toure doesn't defend its all Fernandinho for the lone holder. Same with barca busquets lone holder rakitic and iniesta play forward.

If Barry was faster he could be the lone holder. Or if McCarthy could pass better. Honestly tom clev would be a nice lone holder ala poor mans busquets. Can pass nicely and has a tackle and some pace.