IGNORED

Bournemouth (FA Cup Away) Saturday February 20

markjazzbassist

I mentioned it at the time, it was shear frustration with himself and the service he received throughout the game rather than sulking in my opinion.

I also said at the time he'll be pissed off with his performance. Where I get a bit wound up in all this Lukaku business is when you and others use the service thing despite plenty of examples where he just did not move or offer himself. He did on many occasions stand there with his arms up wanting the ball but made no effort to lose his marker...that's not a service fault. The players build upto the final 3rd and edge of the box and then look to find their striker who should be at least trying to lose his marker and find space. If he isn't, then a key option of attack is, well, not an option!!!

At the end of the day, he's on a downturn, all players have them, he just has to work his way out of it. I'm sure he will. Can't be to harsh on him as he had up until the New Year had a great season.

Over the bar??? Are you taking the piss??? Ffs, it was a bread and butter goal that anyone on toffeetalk would and should score.

He needs to do more, he's been shite since new year end of. It's not an ability issue it's an application issue.

Erm, not me I'm afraid. Shooting was my Achilles heel. Scoring record abysmal. Dribbling, crossing, tackling and passing was my 'ting!!!

My issue is how can he do that run if he's carrying a knock... it was superhuman and typified his athleticism which begs the question...

"What the fuck happens for the rest of the game???"

Mind boggling, seriously so frustrating.

ask the same question about the rest of the players. jimmy mac had a stinker, coleman had a stinker, cleverley had a stinker. meanwhile rom is guarded by 4 men and still scores a goal and you're bitching he didn't have more. you kill me haf. not the worst player on the pitch by a long shot.

Newty to your point yes he wasn't open, you're right that's his job. He was guarded by 4 other men, so there was space elsewhere that our other players didn't exploit in attack. instead they let rom be guarded and stroked it about the box without penetration.

Rom had 4 men on him? Blimey, I'd love to play against a team that stuck 4 on the striker, surely that would leave massive gaps.... it didn't because it never happened. I watched the game today, it was an unbelievably tired performance.

That run on the left was sensational though, brilliant.