IGNORED

Bournemouth (FA Cup Away) Saturday February 20

markjazzbassist

I don't think there are any 'haters'????

Great save. Nightmare moment from McCarthy.

That's about it for the first half!!!

There is chatter re: Robles being shite, not good enough, etc

He is beginning to show his skills and gaining confidence. I really hope RM keeps him as the no. 1

Martinez has a few nice selection headaches for the Villa game now. Robles has obviously cemented his place as the No. 1 'keeper but how can you drop Oviedo or Mori or Lennon?

I think Martinez has shown in the last 5 games that if it works how he wants it to then he won't change the starting 11.

It's a really good dilemma to have though...having Baines, Mirrallas, Gerri, Stones, Besic, Niasse all fighting for a place.

I think Martinez has shown in the last 5 games that if it works how he wants it to then he won't change the starting 11.

It's a really good dilemma to have though...having Baines, Mirrallas, Gerri, Stones, Besic, Niasse all fighting for a place.

agree, here's hoping it continues! 1 goal conceded in 4 now and that was a fluke too!

I'm with you there Romey.

So

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Oviedo

Barry McCarthy

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

On what basis do you leave Cleverley out of the winning team when he had done just as well as any of the others?!!! Bit contradicting saying keep the same team but then changing it!!!

Guest rusty747

On what basis do you leave Cleverley out of the winning team when he had done just as well as any of the others?!!! Bit contradicting saying keep the same team but then changing it!!!

It was a difficult call and it does seem harsh on Cleverley but he's not a left winger and, providing Mirallas has his game head on, I think we are better balanced with Mirallas starting.

Alternatively, give McCarthy a blow and start Cleverley next to Barry.

And lets not forget that Besic should be fit and he was on fire until he got injured.

Whatever team starts we should have one hell of a bench.

It was a difficult call and it does seem harsh on Cleverley but he's not a left winger and, providing Mirallas has his game head on, I think we are better balanced with Mirallas starting.

Alternatively, give McCarthy a blow and start Cleverley next to Barry.

And lets not forget that Besic should be fit and he was on fire until he got injured.

Whatever team starts we should have one hell of a bench.

It's a lovely problem to have!!!

It's a lovely problem to have!!!

Tbh, I'd get Cleverley off the LW at any given opportunity. I thought he was a complete non-entity out there yesterday.

I agree. Moyes this afternoon saying how great it was was when we beat ManU there in the semi (their reserves on pens he neglected to mention) annoyed me a bit, no matter how much I enjoyed it at the time.

It was embarrassing how much we struggled through that game. I was there so I enjoyed the atmosphere and eventual victory, but the actual game? We were shite because Moyes treated it like we were playing United's first team and shit himself.

Only watched bits of the game as had visitors round, got to say it didn't look good.

Seen the half time analysis on lukaku and there is an argument in two cases....

1. We fanny about with the ball too much... well yeah we know that. The opposition set two banks of 4 and it's a job to get through them.

2. Lukaku doesn't move very much... at all. Some instances I think he just puts his hand up with a look as if to say "see you are missing me" but the reality is that he's not in a good place to take the ball. Not sure what the non celebration was about, very concerning but unsurprising to me anyway. His head has been off it since new year.

Pleased to hear niasse showed willing and quality.

We need an energetic front line that can break the defence with clever, quick, passing and movement.

Tbh, I'd get Cleverley off the LW at any given opportunity. I thought he was a complete non-entity out there yesterday.

Spot on. He was a waste of space. I think he's a DCM and that should be it. He will be taking the place of Gibson next year and probably rotating with Barry as he gets older. I'd rather see Gerry Lennon mirallas and even niasse on the wings.

Only watched bits of the game as had visitors round, got to say it didn't look good.

Seen the half time analysis on lukaku and there is an argument in two cases....

1. We fanny about with the ball too much... well yeah we know that. The opposition set two banks of 4 and it's a job to get through them.

2. Lukaku doesn't move very much... at all. Some instances I think he just puts his hand up with a look as if to say "see you are missing me" but the reality is that he's not in a good place to take the ball. Not sure what the non celebration was about, very concerning but unsurprising to me anyway. His head has been off it since new year.

Pleased to hear niasse showed willing and quality.

We need an energetic front line that can break the defence with clever, quick, passing and movement.

I don't think it was all on Lukaku yesterday tbh. Yes he should move more, no doubt about that, but I don't think our lack of runners around him helps whatsoever. It's difficult to move even when you try if you're constantly surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders meaning there is actually nowhere for you to move to. Strikers thrive off having runners to take defenders away from them so they have space to exploit. Yesterday we'd have Barkley with the ball and then Lukaku with 3 or 4 defenders around him and that was it.

Lukaku didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination but I don't hold him solely responsible. It's no coincidence that his best moments came when we managed to get him against one defender. He does need to improve though.