IGNORED

Bournemouth (FA Cup Away) Saturday February 20

markjazzbassist

I don't think it was all on Lukaku yesterday tbh. Yes he should move more, no doubt about that, but I don't think our lack of runners around him helps whatsoever. It's difficult to move even when you try if you're constantly surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders meaning there is actually nowhere for you to move to. Strikers thrive off having runners to take defenders away from them so they have space to exploit. Yesterday we'd have Barkley with the ball and then Lukaku with 3 or 4 defenders around him and that was it.

Lukaku didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination but I don't hold him solely responsible. It's no coincidence that his best moments came when we managed to get him against one defender. He does need to improve though.

Agreed he was literally covered by 3-4 defenders the whole match because no one else on our team would penetrate the box.

We need niasse to play or Barkley to start making runs in the box. Otherwise everyone just strokes it about without going anywhere.

Oh. Does it only count if it's top 4 teams or something?

You're really pissed off that we've put some decent results together aren't you?! I've noticed how quiet you were after all but the WBA game.

Strange. Just enjoy it.

Why is it strange to be quiet when we've won. Maybe it's because I'm happy. Discontent only happens when we play shite. It's a natural reaction for most people - to be annoyed when we lose that is.

We've won a few games against teams we should be beating. A couple of them cup games and wins against Newcastle and Stoke. Nothing to think we've turned a corner.... WB was proof of that. I'm pretty sure it's you who's pissed off because you couldn't argue being the best Evertonian ever because you "always stick by your team"

Bellmont.

Edited by MC11

Why is it strange to be quiet when we've won. Maybe it's because I'm happy. Discontent only happens when we play shite. It's a natural reaction for most people - to be annoyed when we lose that is.

We've won a few games against teams we should be beating. A couple of them cup games and wins against Newcastle and Stoke. Nothing to think we've turned a corner.... WB was proof of that. I'm pretty sure it's you who's pissed off because you couldn't argue being the best Evertonian ever because you "always stick by your team"

Bellmont.

Haha...always rely on you to make me laugh with your 'comeback comments'.

In one spell we passed the ball left to right across the edge of their penalty box and back again several times for about twenty passes, but in the blink of an eye with two passes it had gone back to the keeper who then has to hoof it upfield. What was the point, we we need quick incisive forward passes.

Edited by Bill

"Comeback comments" ?

Pretty sure you've identified yourself as "annoyed" that there was nobody for you to argue with yesterday.

Haha! There you go again...making shit up!

You do realise other people read this, don't you?! Where exactly did I identify myself as annoyed that I had no one to argue with???? Or how did I do that?!!! I've no idea what you're on about.

I don't know if you're a compulsive bullshitter or you're someone who convinces himself he's read something that doesn't exist.

Just enjoy the win!!!

In one spell we passed the ball left to right across the edge of their penalty box and back again several times for about twenty passes, but in the blink of an eye with two passes it had gone back to the keeper who then has to hoof it upfield. What was the point, we we need quick incisive forward passes.

Even Roberto said our forward play was crap. If he's saying that, then it must have been proper aweful!!!

Haha! There you go again...making shit up!

You do realise other people read this, don't you?! Where exactly did I identify myself as annoyed that I had no one to argue with???? Or how did I do that?!!! I've no idea what you're on about.

I don't know if you're a compulsive bullshitter or you're someone who convinces himself he's read something that doesn't exist.

Just enjoy the win!!!

Fully enjoyed it mate, that's why I haven't vented my frustration on here.

Unfortunately you'll find you have no leads for your bullshit when we win. See it's called being a real human with emotions. I'm sorry there was nobody for you to argue with. "Weirdo's"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-class-lukaku-lazy-what-10923991

"I walked further with my dog this morning"

Classic redknapp on lukaku... thing is his dog may have more money in his account than Rom.

If you do watch Rom before the goal today, its not pretty. Definitely doesn't look like he's fighting for his life. You'd figure regardless of how he feels about this club that he want want to win the PL as top striker - and maybe that is the case - but those moments really make you wonder.....

I can only imagine what his agent has been feeding him, and I bet its in both ears.

If you do watch Rom before the goal today, its not pretty. Definitely doesn't look like he's fighting for his life. You'd figure regardless of how he feels about this club that he want want to win the PL as top striker - and maybe that is the case - but those moments really make you wonder.....

I can only imagine what his agent has been feeding him, and I bet its in both ears.

He would be the perfect striker for Man City. Bring him on with 30 minutes to go. He would bag 20 goals a season just doing that.

I think he lacks the motivation/mentality to be a 90 minute 30 game a season player. His head hasn't been on it clearly since the new year. Obviously me being me I wasn't exactly slow to pick up on this.

The lad has improved immeasurably this season and it's a bloody shame his head just doesn't seem to be on having a fully consistent season. He was deffo on for young player of the year up till christmas.

I've said for a while that if this lad had the real desire he would be a world beater. He goes from looking like George Wear to Adebuyor and it's bloody annoying.

Only watched bits of the game as had visitors round, got to say it didn't look good.

Seen the half time analysis on lukaku and there is an argument in two cases....

1. We fanny about with the ball too much... well yeah we know that. The opposition set two banks of 4 and it's a job to get through them.

2. Lukaku doesn't move very much... at all. Some instances I think he just puts his hand up with a look as if to say "see you are missing me" but the reality is that he's not in a good place to take the ball. Not sure what the non celebration was about, very concerning but unsurprising to me anyway. His head has been off it since new year.

Pleased to hear niasse showed willing and quality.

We need an energetic front line that can break the defence with clever, quick, passing and movement.

Haf touched on it briefly. I wasnt able to watch the game - whats up with Lukaku's non-celebration? Purely frustration from a poor game or more in it? Really dont like seeing that.

Haf touched on it briefly. I wasnt able to watch the game - whats up with Lukaku's non-celebration? Purely frustration from a poor game or more in it? Really dont like seeing that.

One way or another it was a message. You score a goal in a blue shirt to win a game and I expect to see celebrations. Not some sulking.

One way or another it was a message. You score a goal in a blue shirt to win a game and I expect to see celebrations. Not some sulking.

I mentioned it at the time, it was shear frustration with himself and the service he received throughout the game rather than sulking in my opinion.

I mentioned it at the time, it was shear frustration with himself and the service he received throughout the game rather than sulking in my opinion.

I think he really needs to look at himself again though Matt. The coaches need to show him the game he played against Liverpool in the derby, he was isolated in what was a tough game but he had his head right and he was a menace.

It's very rare we use that phrase to describe Rom. A menace is what we need him to be.

I do genuinely think he's off in the summer and it's more than likely a done deal. In the meantime it would be good to see the derby lukaku turn up.

classic Haf, a 21 goal scorer (and not even done yet with the campaign) "need a look at himself" "he's shit" "lazy fat bastard" etc. you are a real wind up Haf, looney sometimes too.

I don't look at stats alone Mark... Maybe that's why I am harsh on lukaku.

You think he's been playing well recently???

I don't look at stats alone Mark... Maybe that's why I am harsh on lukaku.

You think he's been playing well recently???

yes. had a goal last night when we needed to kill off the game. many would have put it over the goal or missed the chance, he didn't. his job is to score goals, that's it. he does that and more.

yes. had a goal last night when we needed to kill off the game. many would have put it over the goal or missed the chance, he didn't. his job is to score goals, that's it. he does that and more.

Over the bar??? Are you taking the piss??? Ffs, it was a bread and butter goal that anyone on toffeetalk would and should score.

He needs to do more, he's been shite since new year end of. It's not an ability issue it's an application issue.

Over the bar??? Are you taking the piss??? Ffs, it was a bread and butter goal that anyone on toffeetalk would and should score.

He needs to do more, he's been shite since new year end of. It's not an ability issue it's an application issue.

and yet we had strikers for years (vic, jela) skying it over the bar at point blank wide open goal. he doesn't, hence why he has 21 goals.