IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday March 19

markjazzbassist

Ridiculous?????? I do not want another season with Martinez in charge. He'll fucking relegate us next season!!!!!!!

I understand that you don't want him as manager but wanting to lose a FA cup semi final?!? I find that ridiculous. We havnt won any silverware in years and id personally love us to lift the cup.

I understand that you don't want him as manager but wanting to lose a FA cup semi final?!? I find that ridiculous. We havnt won any silverware in years and id personally love us to lift the cup.

That's why in my original post I said "part" of me.

Of course I want to win the cup but that will no doubt keep Martinez in the job.

Edited by milesey05

To put in such a gutless, disjointed, lacklustre, pathetic performance a week after a memorable cup win suggests there is something very wrong in the squad. It's as if they're playing for their own glory - we'll have a go against Chelsea because we have the carrot of Wembley dangled, but home against Arsenal with nothing to play for in the league? Fuck it, not interested. The attitude today was rotten, if I was Moshiri I'd be planning wholesale changes in the summer, manager, coaching staff, players, because I wouldn't be handing out wages for that bullshit.

Might have been different had the lino not wrongly give Rom offside at 1-0, he'd have been one-on-one with the 'keeper; and Seamus hit the post early on.

Robles really is not the answer in goal though, I'd go as far as to say Tim should be back for the next game.

We need two new 'keepers in the Summer imo.

Face palm

There never seems any fight when we are down and let's face it Arsenal must've been down and were totally focused today.. We need the Dogs of War attitude from the players as they can't depend on sound management tactics either in training or from the touchline..

I'm absolutely appalled by what I've sat through today.

Besic shouldn't have started because he clearly wasn't fit and Martinez will have known that. There were other options to replace Barry so there was no need. Then he subs him at half time for a defender when we're 2-0 down and not even in the game :/. Well done, we have a tactical genius on our hands folks!

Then there are the players... Fuck me, what a heartless, effortless, pathetic showing that was. Coleman, Rom and Lennon are probably the only ones who even tried. Coleman's crossing was woeful but at least he had a go. Lennon was having to come inside to do the invisible man Barkley's job of supporting Rom so was leaving their wide man in loads of space but, again, the lad showed guts the rest could only dream of. And Rom was having to try and be creator as well as get himself in the box on the end of anything!

Pissed off doesn't cover it.

I'm sorry if the point I am about to make has been said before, but I couldn't read through the whole thread as it hurts too much.

Romy, you said it all. Coleman and Lennon worked their arses off, Barkley never showed up, Besic and McCarthy were absolutely f''n woeful, Mori was a liability at times, Robles was really, really lucky with the Giroud 'goal'...he just flapped as badly as Howard had ever done....I could go on.

But the thing that really got to me (and I watched the game twice whilst flogging myself with wet celery) was the utterly careless attitude of most of the players including all the midfielders. They just seemed to think that someone else would get it going.

I was absolutely disgusted when on so many occasions the ball carrier had nobody to pass to. Midfield were hiding behind Arsenal players or standing so close as to make a successful pass impossible. They were virtual statues. It became apparent in time that they didn't want the ball. McCarthy and Cleverley were the worst offenders....they weren't making the angles to make themselves available. Barkley wouldn't pass unless he absolutely had to...and mostly left it too late and was dispossessed. Rom must have been wondering why he bothered to put his boots on as he got nothing in the way of support.

Football is a really easy game....the aim is to score more goals than the opposition. OK? The best way to do it is when the other team has the ball, you look for the other players. When your team has the ball you are looking for spaces. Right? This is basic schoolboy stuff, Football 101 if you will.

Why then do Everton's high paid players find this so friggin' difficult?

It didn't help that Jags seemed out of sorts and Baines is certainly off the boil, but what is Martinez doing about all of the problems? Nothing it seems. Does he know what motivation is? Maybe as some have suggested he's lost the dressing room, but to lose it means that you had to have had it in the first place.

His first season was great and the team deserved the plaudits, but then the 'new look, ticky-tacky passing' Everton showed up and last season was lost. This season is worse. I think he may have lost the team before Xmas last season, now here we are still debating.

Hold the press everyone, Martinez says yesterday was a one off and we weren't ourselves!

Yesterday was definitely not a one off, it's happened many times this season. And I'd argue that we were very fucking much ourselves. And that's the huge problem; yesterday is us down to a tee!

This season is worse. I think he may have lost the team before Xmas last season, now here we are still debating.

Great honest post mate, and I feel your frustration, anger, and sadness. The thing is - many of us aren't debating anymore, and haven't been for a while now. I am ready to chip in for his plane ticket out. There is no magic date where it all comes together for him, that ship has sailed eons ago.

Guest rusty747

I'm just amazed that one guy can take a team with such great individual talent and get them playing like a Sunday morning pub side with a hangover.

He has to go.

That's probably the first interview he gas given since he has been at the club that I can agree with him on

I actually thought it was refreshing to see make an honest assessment of the team.

What was bullshit about that interview?

I thought it was unacceptable, and it was the worst performance of the season.

I actually thought it was refreshing to see make an honest assessment of the team.

What was bullshit about that interview?

Bullshit level at an all-time low: meaning he is actually being truthful and there is almost no bullshit!

Its a compliment. Damn Internets.