IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday March 19

markjazzbassist

In the last 10 years in the league we've only beaten arsenal twice; on today's performances, both theirs and ours, it's clear why that is the case.

Worth considering also that against a team that won't stifle play or park the bus like we won't, arsenal do often fair quite well.

Full time. Thank fuck for that. Abysmal.

Fair play to Arsenal. They played an ace game today. Real good quality...quick passing, moving, energy. And they played against Barca on Wednesday night!

As for us. Well, the nay sayers will jump all over Martinez...and that's fair enough...but this set of players need to step up. They talk enough about the quality in the squad, how they need to do better, the potential, best team in years...Scrub the talk and start stringing a few passes together. Stop with all the hype and start doing the basics right. And that goes to the manager and the players.

I wouldn't mind going down 2-0 if we'd actually showed some fight, desire, actually looked like we wanted it. Instead, we played like we could just turn up and all would be ok.

Every league game is a cup final now. Luckily, we only have 3 home games left.

In the topic of home games...what the hell has happened to the fortress that was Goodison Park?!

Full time. Thank fuck for that. Abysmal.

Fair play to Arsenal. They played an ace game today. Real good quality...quick passing, moving, energy. And they played against Barca on Wednesday night!

As for us. Well, the nay sayers will jump all over Martinez...and that's fair enough...but this set of players need to step up. They talk enough about the quality in the squad, how they need to do better, the potential, best team in years...Scrub the talk and start stringing a few passes together. Stop with all the hype and start doing the basics right. And that goes to the manager and the players.

I wouldn't mind going down 2-0 if we'd actually showed some fight, desire, actually looked like we wanted it. Instead, we played like we could just turn up and all would be ok.

Every league game is a cup final now. Luckily, we only have 3 home games left.

In the topic of home games...what the hell has happened to the fortress that was Goodison Park?!

Right, it's very easy to point fingers at the manager, but that match was lost because of the lack of energy and commitment from the players in the first half.

Edited by nutmegwolf203

Might have been different had the lino not wrongly give Rom offside at 1-0, he'd have been one-on-one with the 'keeper; and Seamus hit the post early on.

Robles really is not the answer in goal though, I'd go as far as to say Tim should be back for the next game.

We need two new 'keepers in the Summer imo.

I'm absolutely appalled by what I've sat through today.

Besic shouldn't have started because he clearly wasn't fit and Martinez will have known that. There were other options to replace Barry so there was no need. Then he subs him at half time for a defender when we're 2-0 down and not even in the game :/. Well done, we have a tactical genius on our hands folks!

Then there are the players... Fuck me, what a heartless, effortless, pathetic showing that was. Coleman, Rom and Lennon are probably the only ones who even tried. Coleman's crossing was woeful but at least he had a go. Lennon was having to come inside to do the invisible man Barkley's job of supporting Rom so was leaving their wide man in loads of space but, again, the lad showed guts the rest could only dream of. And Rom was having to try and be creator as well as get himself in the box on the end of anything!

Pissed off doesn't cover it.