IGNORED

PFA Young Footballer of the Year

StevO

• 2 weeks later...

But when the young player of the year team is announced we'll have two/three players in there.

Check the title of the thread.

I know it says that on the title. I tend to reply to comments rather than the forum title. The comment was that it's the grown up team, my reply was that it had young player eligible players in it - which it does. What's the problem? Edited by Hafnia

I know it says that on the title. I tend to reply to comments rather than the forum title. The comment was that it's the grown up team, my reply was that it had young player eligible players in it - which it does. What's the problem?

No problem for me, just an observation, I was replying to a comment. What's the problem?

The equation x3 x2 + 4x - 900 = 0 has exactly one real root, a.

Taking x1 =10 as a first approximation to a, use the NewtonRaphson method to find a second approximation, x2 , to a.

Give your answer to four significant figures.

inverse multi-ethnic diversification

Sent from my dead clever phone.

The equation x3 x2 + 4x - 900 = 0 has exactly one real root, a.
Taking x1 =10 as a first approximation to a, use the Newton–Raphson method to find a second approximation, x2 , to a.
Give your answer to four significant figures.

I was reasonable at 'sums' but I still don't believe that you can 'add up' letters. :D

I was reasonable at 'sums' but I still don't believe that you can 'add up' letters. :D

I got a "B" at O level in 1976 and maths came pretty easy to me at that stage.

The above though is a real A level question, I didn't make it up. Greek to me.

That's why I'm giving Newty a gold star for answering, it's as likely to be that as anything :lol:.

(Could always email my brother, he's a maths graduate so it's probably as simple as 2+2 for him)

I did A-level physics that was interesting...... the fact that the teachers didn't really understand it made it more difficult.

I did A level Technical Drawing and Economics (an obvious combination :unsure:) along with some O level retakes where I'd "underperformed".

Until they threw me out because I only ever went to TD because it was the only thing I was really good at :P.

I did A level Technical Drawing and Economics (an obvious combination :unsure:) along with some O level retakes where I'd "underperformed".

Until they threw me out because I only ever went to TD because it was the only thing I was really good at :P.

Our school never had technical drawing, I always wanted to be an architect growing up too. I did a level biology and a level business studies. What a mix...

Had to do the whole a level biology syllabus in 1 year effectively as one of our teachers was completely shit and got taken off, the previous year only one person got a pass. Wouldn't happen these days. The school is one of thd best in the area now. Awful when I was there.

Our school never had technical drawing, I always wanted to be an architect growing up too. I did a level biology and a level business studies. What a mix...

Had to do the whole a level biology syllabus in 1 year effectively as one of our teachers was completely shit and got taken off, the previous year only one person got a pass. Wouldn't happen these days. The school is one of thd best in the area now. Awful when I was there.

Mine is exactly the same, people fighting to get into it!

I also wanted to be an architect strangely (we're going way off topic here) but I never realised I was so good at TD because my mate Colin, who I sat next to, was a total genius at it. Huge desks in a TD room so you only see what the bloke next to you is doing, I never knew I was the second best guy in the room.

Went for several interviews in the field and was actually offered a job as "junior electrical draughtsman" at Hawker Sidley (made planes), which funny enough was right by the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold, sure I've mentioned this before.

Anyway, turned them down because I got offered a job on much more money, £28 a week, at a recording studio. Still wonder where I'd be now if I'd taken the different path!

Incidentally, Colin is now a tree surgeon :lol:.