IGNORED

win the league guaranteed with boring football or runners up with exciting football

Matt

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Win the league at all costs, no matter how boring the football
    • Give me exciting football, the titles not important
    • Not sure
    • Jaffa cakes

Anyone who wanted beautiful football rather than winning, the last two years we had that. Turned out we all wanted Martinez fired for it.

Ask Arsenal fans would they trade their great football to win the league?

Ask Chelsea fans was it horrible winning them titles under Jose with his anti football?

I want to get three points in the bag at the end of 90 minutes every Saturday.

We played boring/negative a lot of the time under Moyes and no one wanted him gone as we were getting decent league positions.

Just my opinion anyway.

And how would you have felt finishing second, not 11th, with an exciting style of play?

Anyone who wanted beautiful football rather than winning, the last two years we had that. Turned out we all wanted Martinez fired for it.

Ask Chelsea fans was it horrible winning them titles under Jose with his anti football?

We played boring/negative a lot of the time under Moyes and no one wanted him gone as we were getting decent league positions.

Just my opinion anyway.

It was hardly beautiful except year one. Of course we also want results, so that point is a bit silly.

You mean the same Arsenal fans who disliked the boring shite under George Graham? And do you think they don't love the way they won those trophies under Wenger?

And while Mourinho's teams could defend they could also attack. They didn't just park the bus in every match.

As for Moyes, oh yes, there were plenty of people who wanted him out for that exact reason.

Just my opinion anyway.

Yep

And how would you have felt finishing second, not 11th, with an exciting style of play?

You are backpeddling now. You said younwould rather finish 2nd playing exciting football than win it playing boring football.

It's a no briainer finishing 2nd over 11th isn't it regardless of the football the whole point is you would rather finish 2nd and play exciting football than win it not playing it.

No match going or local Evertonian will agree with you Steve they just wont.

It's called the beauitful game for a reason.

I don't want to watch dross. Watching Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, etc. is what got me into the game in the first place. I'll take creative, fluid football over the ugly stuff. Obviously, the perfect team has a balance of both.

Besides, coming second in the league doesn't mean you can't go on to win Champion's League the next season. B)

Are you assuming that our exciting style of play in your hypothetical scenario cost us points along the way by way of shipping needless soft goals because our players weren't fully invested in defending like their lives depended on it? In that case, I'd be pissed off that we dropped points and would see 2nd as a missed opportunity. Only one team gets the trophy. Who gives a shit who comes in 2nd? I know, the prospect of Champions League football is exciting regardless. But, I want Everton to be engraved on the trophy. Pyrrhic victories can have all kinds of rationalizations as to why they were worth it, but, in the end nobody takes real pride in telling stories about that time they almost won.

It's sparked the forum in to life hasn't it, it was in a coma until

I lost the plot.

You get dragged in far too easily Paddy. I've learnt to get in then get out. Can send you mental. Especially when people just post shit to get at you.

You are backpeddling now. You said younwould rather finish 2nd playing exciting football than win it playing boring football.

It's a no briainer finishing 2nd over 11th isn't it regardless of the football the whole point is you would rather finish 2nd and play exciting football than win it not playing it.

No match going or local Evertonian will agree with you Steve they just wont.

I'm just pointing out the fact that I originally asked the question: Would you prefer to finish first playing dull, boring football or finish second playing exciting football? Of course league position counts. Of course the drive to win counts. Finishing mid-table every year is not acceptable, no matter what the style of play.

It would be interesting to know whether those voting to win at all costs constitute fans who attend games while the same number who believe exciting football is important do not attend in person - but we have to guess.

Just read the rants on the other page. Utterly, utterly crap argument. When has ANYONE won the league playing dross? You don't accumulate the most points over 38 games without playing decent football, not in the Prem anyway - this isn't 1960s Italy or Argentina ffs!

Just read the rants on the other page. Utterly, utterly crap argument. When has ANYONE won the league playing dross? You don't accumulate the most points over 38 games without playing decent football, not in the Prem anyway - this isn't 1960s Italy or Argentina ffs!

United threatened fifth by playing the most mind-numbing, pathetic football seen in years. Yes, it's possible.

Not sure of your telling the truth or taking the piss out of me haha.

Google translate, no idea on the accuracy.

I've seen us win three titles; been alive for four but was only three the first time so it kind of passed me by in 1963. All three were done playing beautiful football by superb teams; that's what I want to see again and what I want my son to see. Having said that Don Revie's anti-football Leeds were winning things back in the day and I'm sure their current supporters who remember (and those who weren't born) still cherish those. Given the choice? No brainer, want to win, but I'd really rather do it the Everton way.

ium amynd lus zumbi beckus moiswus howerma nujja

Are you talking Cornish again :P?

I'm just pointing out the fact that I originally asked the question: Would you prefer to finish first playing dull, boring football or finish second playing exciting football? Of course league position counts. Of course the drive to win counts. Finishing mid-table every year is not acceptable, no matter what the style of play.

It would be interesting to know whether those voting to win at all costs constitute fans who attend games while the same number who believe exciting football is important do not attend in person - but we have to guess.

I know exactly what you said it's there for all to read and my answer was the same. Winthe league at all costs. Every other fucker does it why can't we?

Even with the dark chicolate?

Nothing wrong with dark chocolate.

I'm still not sure why Battenburg wasn't an option; not those pink and yellow crap versions you get in supermarkets, the ones my mum used to make.

The World's gone mad.