IGNORED

win the league guaranteed with boring football or runners up with exciting football

Matt

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Win the league at all costs, no matter how boring the football
    • Give me exciting football, the titles not important
    • Not sure
    • Jaffa cakes

That wasn't the poll, it was "win the league guaranteed with boring football or runners up with exciting football.

The trophies are a bonus line implies we can win one still, you've swizzed the poll :shaking fist:

Hang on, I'll change the title...

Edited by Matt

Just a reminder, especially for you who saw Dixie (you know who you are) since at that age dementia might be an issue: this is Everton, the club known to play beatiful football. School of Science and all that. Winning at all costs has never been in the DNA of this club.

Just a reminder, especially for you who saw Dixie (you know who you are) since at that age dementia might be an issue: this is Everton, the club known to play beatiful football. School of Science and all that. Winning at all costs has never been in the DNA of this club.

Oi, no coercing!

I love football because it is exciting, and because I want us to win, I believe we can do both, just as other teams have.

If I were pushed off the fence I would agree with Makis that we are the School of science and being a boring one dimensional team is not what we do.

As Frank says I want us to do it our way!

You read that somewhere pal?

You can address me directly you know no point going around the houses with cryptic shite.

The title IS important, but so is playing exciting football. The point is, even if it's a little more difficult to win by playing exciting football, I'd rather follow that path.

In the original discussion, I did mention "finishing second by playing exciting football" and not finishing anywhere.

Second and exciting >> first and dead boring

Third and exciting > first and dead boring

Fourth and exciting ?? first and dead boring

Lower than fourth, exciting or not, is not acceptable.

As London Blue suggests, winning and playing exciting football are not mutually exclusive options.

My sole reason for supporting Everton is because I love them.

Club and football come first.

Trophys are something we are awarded occasionally as a reward for our football.

Nil satis nisi optimum.

Not.... How do you say....who gives a fuck as long as we win.....in Latin?

This is my whole point. We've been starved for so long, any way to win will do, we can work on the rest once we have that winning mentality back.

We need to shed this "plucky little Everton" tag or the gentlemens club or owever we're perceived. It's a losing mentality and it's what's rotten to the core with us it breeds a defeatest attitude and one of accepting mediocrity and this is what needs to change if we're ever going to get back to the glory years.

We need to learn to win at all costs, if that means grinding out 26 1-0 wins in a season of 30 wins then so be it but lets get that winning mentality back

We're fucking Everton one of the most succesful and decorated clubs in the land, we were once feared and respected we were THE club, everyone wantedto be us now outlr fans accept utter mediocrity and use the "we're the peoples club" tag to fall back on. I'm not arsed about all that we need a complete change in mentality, a win at all costs, fight tooth and fucking nail, sweat fucking blood until it runs dry but get some fucking steel about us and a mentality that says we wont accept being mediocre good old safe and reliable Everton anymore.

We want change and that comes withsilverware, I don't give a rats arse how we get it but I absolutely guarantee if we could emulate Liecester we would never look back. A club with our stature and history would be flying again. We just need the fans to start believing and wanting what's best for us and we can get there!

I'd take boring football for a season if it guaranteed the title, but I wouldn't accept it as a long term solution

That's exactly how I think a lot of the fans think. Especially fans of teams known for their quality of football.

Good post Pad.

I do agree that we should play however we need to, to get back to winning ways.

I want to see our players sweat blood.

I want to see them collapse through effort.

I want to see them scream and kiss thier badge when they score.

A yellow from a celebration should go in a frame!

Good post Pad.

I do agree that we should play however we need to, to get back to winning ways.

I want to see our players sweat blood.

I want to see them collapse through effort.

I want to see them scream and kiss thier badge when they score.

A yellow from a celebration should go in a frame!

Precisely, I never said for a minute we should accept shite football for the next 20 years for one league title but we're taking the piss if we think we're going to turn into Barca overnight and stroll the league. We have to learn to win ugly, put 110% effort in and grind out resuts. 1-0 wins away to Stoke on a freezing Feb midweek game when you're playing shite are the type of results that win you titles not 4-3 defeats, we've seen enough high scoring losses with soft arse to last us a life time.

Would win at any costs include cheating, employing players who continually dive to win penalties, playing nothing but route one football?

Anything at any cost is a price too high for me.

Having said that, there is an ugly side of the game every team has to use to grind out some results.

Would win at any costs include cheating, employing players who continually dive to win penalties, playing nothing but route one football?

Anything at any cost is a price too high for me.

Having said that, there is an ugly side of the game every team has to use to grind out some results.

Would you not have Suarez or Ronaldo here then London? Because if you would then you would accept that listed above.

Anyone who wanted beautiful football rather than winning, the last two years we had that. Turned out we all wanted Martinez fired for it.

Ask Arsenal fans would they trade their great football to win the league?

Ask Chelsea fans was it horrible winning them titles under Jose with his anti football?

I want to get three points in the bag at the end of 90 minutes every Saturday.

We played boring/negative a lot of the time under Moyes and no one wanted him gone as we were getting decent league positions.

Just my opinion anyway.

Anyone who wanted beautiful football rather than winning, the last two years we had that. Turned out we all wanted Martinez fired for it.

Ask Arsenal fans would they trade their great football to win the league?

Ask Chelsea fans was it horrible winning them titles under Jose with his anti football?

I want to get three points in the bag at the end of 90 minutes every Saturday.

We played boring/negative a lot of the time under Moyes and no one wanted him gone as we were getting decent league positions.

Just my opinion anyway.

I wanted him gone but I agree with the rest.