IGNORED

Manolo Gabbiadini

We will be desperate and then the price rises. Hope we have slimani on the radar

I like him but he's apparently Leicester bound if the rumours are true

I think this could well be some pressure tactic... Leave the ball in their court for a day or so or I'm just hoping that's the case

• 1 month later...

So you would've said no to Mahrez when Leicester signed him from Ligue 2? One of the big reason we've got him in is to find those underrated gems, like Gana.

Yes that's fine but we need reinforcements now to make an impact, im all for the oddball signings but we need solid ones too that we can rely on. For every Mahrez there's a hundred straqs.

Yes that's fine but we need reinforcements now to make an impact, im all for the oddball signings but we need solid ones too that we can rely on. For every Mahrez there's a hundred straqs.

I think for creativity in midfield we need someone to provide now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a younger striker come into the squad, considering they're only likely to be a back up for Rom.

From what I hear Gabbiadini is a left footer that can also play behind the striker, or on the right, so he'd give the squad a few different options.

I think for creativity in midfield we need someone to provide now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a younger striker come into the squad, considering they're only likely to be a back up for Rom.

From what I hear Gabbiadini is a left footer that can also play behind the striker, or on the right, so he'd give the squad a few different options.

Looks like we have that with Calvert-Lewin

Looks like we have that with Calvert-Lewin

That's the extreme example. Calvert-Lewin has had a handful of games at League 1 level,while Gabbiadini has had seasons (and quite a few goals) in Serie A. Realistically one's ready for youth league football and one's ready for the first team now.

That's the extreme example. Calvert-Lewin has had a handful of games at League 1 level,while Gabbiadini has had seasons (and quite a few goals) in Serie A. Realistically one's ready for youth league football and one's ready for the first team now.

I know what you mean, youth vs experienced foreigner has both disadvantages and advantages, with more of the latter for me.

I think it was Haf or MJB that said Calvert-Lewin will bring a raw enthusiasm along with his apparent knack of finding the net, and with that energy it will create space for other team mates. I've only watched his goals rather than the full games, but his movement for them and finishing makes me think he's good enough for a run out.

Plus I'm always cautious when it comes to Italians in our league, not many of them seem to succeed (in my opinion), at least in recent years.

I know what you mean, youth vs experienced foreigner has both disadvantages and advantages, with more of the latter for me.

I think it was Haf or MJB that said Calvert-Lewin will bring a raw enthusiasm along with his apparent knack of finding the net, and with that energy it will create space for other team mates. I've only watched his goals rather than the full games, but his movement for them and finishing makes me think he's good enough for a run out.

Plus I'm always cautious when it comes to Italians in our league, not many of them seem to succeed (in my opinion), at least in recent years.

especially one that could barely crack the first team there. he was a bench player most of his career so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...